Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is a GLO WORM too SISSY ???? for a boy

Red face Is a GLO WORM too SISSY ???? for a boy

ok mods please move if in wrong spot ..
    OK so while christmas shopping , i feel in love with a glow worm that tells storys and lullabies and the head lights up ... dh liked it too , so we got it for nixon ...

Is it TOO SISSY ??? i had one when i was younger and loved ... but this one has a sheep with a pink love heart on it hand that you push to hear it talk .. it has a really high pitched ditsy girly voice ...

Im on two minds to take it back , fearing its too girly and ppl will comment

another thing is , its body is nt that soft to cuddle , i still cuddle a toy when i feel like it to sleep ... have been since i was 2 ..

so do i take it back and get the plain old soft glow worm with out the bells and whistles .... or keep the one i have ...

or take it back and get a monster truck lol

Mmm I dont think so.. I have seen boys with them before. Laila has a pooh bear one (one that sings aswell) that she loves but if I had a boy & she didnt use it to go to sleep id let him go to sleep with it.

i dont think so.. my friends little boy he is about to turn one loves DD glow worm when he comes over.. they seem to fight over it.. so cute!

paradise lost Guest

Um, i think you should keep the one you like! Who cares what other people think about how you raise your son? I played with cars as a kid and it didn't convert me into a man! Toys are just toys. I actually saw my friend's DP the other day, telling her under no circumstances to buy their son a toy buggy for christmas because it was a girls toy and not what men did, which he was saying AS HE PUSHED HIS SON IN HIS BUGGY! Babies respond better to high-pitched voices (which is apparently why most of the human race "baby-talk" to babies in pitched-up tone) and Nixon is a baby, not a teenage boy. If you'd rather get him a cuddlier one then go fot it, but don't exchange gifts for the sake of what other people say.

I let Smee play with whatever she seems interested in - i just bought her a toy workbench for christmas with a drill, saw, vice and hammer/screwdriver set! She liked it in the shop. I don't want her growing up to be a nurse when really she'd like to be a mechanic because i've offered her my idea of gender-appropriate toys and activities all her life. It makes me sad to think of all the boys who would be brilliant nurses and all the girls who would be great mechanics spending their lives not knowing how good they are at things they've never been able to experience and try out.

It makes me mad when people ask me why DD is wearing blue - as if a blue t-shirt will make her grow a penis!? WTF?

Ok, off soap box now. LOL

GO with what YOU want hun.

Bx

Def not - I don't think you can go sissy while they are still little my DS loves Care bears so he has a couple but he is still just as boisterous and boyish as any other boy his age. As for it not being soft and cuddly not sure - my DS actually prefers hard toys with bells and whistles over soft while my DD is def a soft toy girl so I guess it depends, what's his favourite toy at the moment? Could you take him to the shops and show him one and see how he reacts?

Hi Lea, I don't think it is too sissy, the only thing I wanted to say is that my DD has the same one as you described and she loves it but at night time I don't let her play with it to go to sleep because it seems so loud and we can hear it in the lounge room which is a far way from her room. I find it keeps her awake rather then helps her to settle, and keeps the other children awake. Don't know if this is going to effect you at all.

I don't think a glo worm is too sissy for a boy Lea. One of my nephews has a care bear and the other was given one of the white anniversary care bears.

Nic

NO WAY!! I say let him have what you think he will like, if it's a pink gloworn, so be it. Zander has a pink/purple rumple cat that he adores. Once upon a time it was mine but he found it & it goes to bed with him every night. Soon enough it will be cars, cars & more cars LOL!

At about 12 months old he also had an obsession with hand bags so I was going to go out & buy him one. Turned out my sister had an old one for him which he loved. It was mauve & inside he had a sparkly pink mobile phone (old one that had died my sister's as well!), toy wallet, toy keys, his hair brush and some rocks LOL! My PIL were not impressed, but hey if thats what he liked then that's what he was going to play with. He saw him mummy, granma, aunties etc with handbags every day so it looked like the cool thing to do for him. Even now he like to get my handbag & walk around the house "going shopping".

Oh and the softness won't matter, Zander now sleeps with his cars & trucks LOL!

I don't think it is sissy at all..

I bought a doll for my eldest when he was younger and my mum bought him a pram. He loved them.. my other 2 sons.. well.. they would just tear the dolls head off and used the pram as a weapon so it all got put away hee hee...

I am buying Olivia a Tonka Truck for either her first birthday or next Xmas. All my boys got one for their 2nd Xmas so she will too plus I know fights will break out if I don't LOL. I do wish they came in purple though

Let your son play with whatever you think he likes.

2 of my 3 boys had a glow worm. So definitely not too sissy

Love

Not at all.. Jesse has a glow worm thats blue and green and is actually his favourite bed toy atm.. he cuddles it to sleep.. even though its not too soft. So for Christmas he's actually getting a Gloe Babies Puppy. You can get them in BigW and Kmart. Theyre just stuffed either bears, ponkeys and puppies.. either white, blue, pink or yellow i think.. and they light up all different colours. Maybe another alternative.

HELL NO!!!!!
    It helped settle my boys when they were little (yes they BOTH had one) and now Vy has it. It plays christmas carols and is so cute.
    Both my boys had baby born dolls and pushers....my eldest is a very muncho boy and Wilhelm...we wont even go there! I really dont think it hurts for boys to play with girls toys and vice versa...it helps them build strong characters and personalities. It also makes them caring and more acceptable to all situations and people around them.
    you go and get that dame worm honey and dont forget to send me a pic..I wanna a see it!

i am going to take the noisy one back and get one i saw in big w ... it only has a hard head , not a hard body ... and come with a little worm you attach to the pram ...

like RH said , it will just be too niosy , so i will head out to day and swap em ..

only problem is ... i cant find my eftpos card

Don't you hate it when the eftpos card goes missing, we get so used to having them, our life revolves around them. Well mine does, how are we supposed to get retail therapy?

well i returned the glo worm , and now off to bigw later, to get the one thats not so loud ....

I am so determind to get him a glow worm now .. the more i think about it the more i want one ... i mean the more i want one for nixon ... hehe

oh i found the eftpos card , it was hiding in my purse

Maybe you should buy 2 honey

dont tell scott ..... maybe my mum will get me one for my bday ... hehehe i wish i still had the one i had as a wee child...

No, I dont think so but I just wanted to say that I LOVE the name Nixon !!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast