Thread: He rolled off the bed, I'm a terrible mum :(

Default He rolled off the bed, I'm a terrible mum :(

Blake was having a nap on mum's bed as he does during the day, because he hate's to the drop in his cot and wakes as soon as I place him. He's been fine, calling me when he wakes then we have a play on the bed.

Not today.

I heard a blood curdling scream, and ran straight in there, and there he is screaming on the floor I picked him up and gave him the biggest kisses and cuddles, and he was fine within 2 minutes. He has a bump on his forhead, I'm scared someone will think I bashed him or something

Has this ever happened to anyone else? God I hope I'm not the only one

So not the only one

Ashlee

I posted this in Kelly,'s post which was very similar to yours - i thought it would help so i will repost it in yours!

hugs

THis happened to me on saturday.
    DD was asleep swaddled in her muslin wrap in the couch and then i heard a scream from the other end of the house. I recognised it as her ive hurt myself scream.

So i went running - to the lounge and she has woken and rolled off the couch (2 feet down) face first on the tiles. She had a huge red mark on her forehead from where it had obviously rebounded off the floor!

To make it worse i had my xmas party that night and i am a health care worker and had to be inthe presence of dr's, nurses and otherwise with an allmost 6 month old with a googgy egg in the centre of her forehead!!!

But they all hardly blinked an eye and all said "oh it will be the first of many"... thats it... that was all they said...

I did feel bad and it is a wake up call that i put her in her cot to sleep now! especially that they are at that age when they are more active!

I hope you feel better - and trust me it does happen to everyone in one way or another! if it isnt off the couch , its the change table or climbed out of the cot or the pram...

ANd if your DH makes you feel bad it is probably because it has happened under his supervision and he didnt tell you!!! and now he is stressed too lol....

Big hugs and you are a WONDERFUL mother to be concerned.!!!!

Yeah Laila fell off the bed at 3 months old here!

Oh dear glad to hear it has happened to others. I just noticed he has a black eye too

This might sound funny but you have just been through a mummy right of passage. it might be the first time but it won't be the last and I am dreading the day it will happen to me, but I know it will.

the action of falling off the bed doesn't depict you being a bad mother, it's weather you cared afterwards that matters and you did. Your feelings of guilt show just how much you love your bub

Hun I know exactly how you feel! Last night at 3am, Nicholas was sleeping on my side of the bed and he rolled off! We heard the (LOUD) thump and the crying started straight away! We gave him lots of cuddles, and he was fine pretty quickly, I think he got more of a fright than anything. Who wouldn't rolling out of bed in your sleep?!

I felt sick, I had the shakes and thought I was going to vomit, I felt so guilty. DH is teasing me mercilessly, he says he can because DS is fine!

Seriously hun, you're not alone, and I don't think we're the only two this has happened to! Blake will be fine, it's just the start of many more bumps and accidents in his life.

Gosh, i must be a terrible mum as well

I think it has happened to alot of us. Claire rolled off our bed when she was about 5 months old. She was on our bed and DH was there reading and somehow she has gotten tangled in her wrap and rolled off the bed. She screamed,I ran in and DH is there on the floor with her cuddling her. She was fine pretty quickly. Just a fright I think. Dont feel too bad, it happens to most of us. Its not as if you pushed him off the bed it was an accident so dont feel too badly about it.

Oh I didn't mean it like that lol! I was in shock when I posted I think...he's perfectly fine and yep, I think it is a right of passage. I learnt my lesson, that's for sure!

Annikas_Mamma Guest

Remember the time I told you Annika fell out of bed? (For others, she fell between the slats of the bedhead). She landed directly on her head, and I had to pull her out by her feet. I felt terrible, but she still loves me It's happened to others, it'll happen to more, and you're not the only one. BTW, I think you're an awesome mum!