Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How long did bubs sleep in your room for?

Hi-

Jordan stayed in our room till bout 4 months. I brough these little cousion things that go aroung the tummy to stop them rolling over but when he got to the age where he would roll over the did nothing. ever since he could roll he has slept on his tummy. (which i do aswell)

I just made sure i didnt have any heavy blankets and just uses a sheet and a light waffle blanket and made sure they were tucked in well away from his face. Appart from that i would get up and check him if i went to the toilet etc but found he was much more comfortable and slept longer in his own room.

DH works rotating roster so we thought it was better to have ds in his own room from the start so he wouldn't get disturbed at weird times of night. We always used the anglecare monitor though which is great for peace of mind.

Both of ours stayed in our room until around the 6 month mark.

Both girls went straight into their own rooms, I couldnt sleep with all the noise they make, however Indah was still her cot when Zy arrived so he's in a hammock in our room still, even though Indahs in the bottom bunk... lol

Maya moved into her own room a few days before her first birthday, that was my 'mark' to mover her, DP didnt want to, he would of had her in our room for who knows how long! I was ready though and it has been a good transition, she took a little longer to settle the first two nights but now she goes straight to sleep like she did when she was in our room.

paradise lost Guest

After 5 months. She still woke for a 5am feed, and slept in with me after that, until 8am when we got up, until 7 months. We both slept better with her in her own room.

Bx

We put Blake into his room at 8 weeks, still in his cradle though. He was then in a cot from around 16 weeks. He still co-sleeps for a few hours a night for the most part, but I find I get a better sleep if he isn't in the same room.

DoubleK Guest

we moved house when krystal was 6 months old, and when we moved, we didnt set up the cradle in our room.

but before we moved, krystal had her daytime naps in her cot in her bedroom, and sleot in her cradle in our room overnight.

DS slept in his bassinette next to our bed till 4 months old. I could have done longer from an emotional point of view coz I just loved having him there and sometimes miss him, but he was starting to get a bit big for the bassinette so I wanted to get him good at sleeping in his cot at night before he totally didn't fit the bassinette, just in case it took a bit of work.

The days sleeps were horrendous at first, but he did the night sleeps great as soon as we put him in his own bed.

And I am now sleeping much better. I am a light sleeper and at first woke up to everything but he must have trained me to ignore a lot of it because now I am a much heavier sleeper.

Or maybe it is just the exhaustion that has done it?

Willow...to answer your question - yes, it is my understanding that they recommend that the baby sleeps in your room till they are 6 months.

I think we lasted about a week or two before we moved DS (in his basinette) outside our bedroom door...I just couldn't sleep with him grunting all night... But we had the Angelcare monitor from the start and it was a HUGE peace of mind thing for me!!! DS finally moved up to his bedroom when he was about 3.5 months old because he outgrew the basinette...

Taia's Mum Guest

Oh wow a real mixed bag! I read a few posts out to DH to try and convince him that everyone else moved them earlier - but it didn't really work! I think this will be a work in progress!

It's really interesting to read everyone's own experiences!!

Oscar was put in his own room straight off - due to the layour of the house he was only a few metres away from me and with the door open we could hear everything.

Will, on the other hand is still with us!!! - he's 18 months old. Only with us as we don't have any more space but come friday when we move into our new place he will go straight in to his own room - can't wait - oh to be able to put lights on at night and not have to get dressed in the ensuite and tiptoe around! and we'll actually be able to read in bed again! joy - and maybe other thinsg too heheheh!

Julie x

Strait into his own room and in a cot, no bassinet. However we did do the occasional co-sleeping in the first 2 weeks for our own sanity, however once he started extending his sleep patterns that was it. Now fingers crossed he stays in his own room all the time and never wants to sleep with us

DS will be 2 years old in Feb and still sleeps in our room. This is mainly due to the fact that the spare room is in such a shape that it isn't suitable for him. However, we will be TTC #2 in Feb/Mar and DH said when the time comes for #2 then the spare room will get fixed up for DS (we live in my FILS house and he controls what happens to the spare room - LONG story there) or we will find someplace else to live. While I would LOVE to have our room back so I could read before bed or enjoy private time with DH I do enjoy the fact that DS is close by. He doesn't sleep through the night yet so it is SO much easier to re-settle him with him right there rather then having to go into another room! We co-sleep as well (have since DS was 8 weeks old) so that is easier with him in our room as well.

paradise lost Guest

I have to be honest and say that with my next one i might move bubs sooner if it's affecting my sex life. With DD i was single and then not having sex until she was already in her own room, but also with a 1st kid you can put them to bed and DTD in another room. But with a toddler roaming the house at night and a baby in the bedroom with us...hmmm. Maybe it'd be better to set the bedroom aside for DP and I to have our time alone. Although that said i know one woman who co-sleeps with her 3 kids, all under 5 and is PG again so they obviously find time/space. She told me when the bubs she's having was concieved the younger 2 were sleeping already, and she got really fiddly PJ's for the oldest one and they DTD on the kitchen table while DD#1 was in the bathroom doing up all the buttons on the PJ's. ROFL!

Bx

Oskar is still in with us.... we moved the bed over and squished the cot in...lol. He's 8 1/2 months and at this stage I have no intention of moving him out any time soon. I love having him next to me

LMAO Hoobley - What brilliant time management skills they must have!

My girl at 20months is still in my roon.
    However I sleep on the couch, and go out to the bungalow to DTD........

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12