Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How often do you bath your babies ??

Tracey, am loving your new ticker pic hun. Yummo!!

I bath her every second day because she get very dry skin if I bath her more often than that.
    might try that bi-carb trick, Tracey.. thanks

So far I've been bathing him every second day, because he absolutely HATES having a bath, and it takes ages for me to settle him afterwards. He's not that dirty yet either

we stared with 3 times a weeks until about 12 weeks from there it is everyday as part of night routine!

It doesn't help her wind down, though... she's usually wild and hell frisky after her bath, as she loves playing in there so much
    LOL - I thought it was just my little monkey who did this!!

Chelsea is bathed/showered every night, if she isnt then i make sure the next morning she has one!

Olive oil is also great in their baths when their skin is peeling.

Yep Olive Oil, but not for hairy babies like mine, then they look mlike Elvis!!

I used to bath Kaitlyn every second day. The midwive said to me that until a child is eating or playing or doing things that can actually get them dirty as such then they only really need to be bathed every second day.

love your new Ticker Tracey!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adrian didn`t get his first bath till he was 5 days old!!!! Now he gets a bath about every 2nd day (unless for some reason he`s really dirty like face plastered with rice cereal or weetbix LOL) due to all the issues I had with Matthew`s senstitve skin I don`t want to go down that road again and so far so good

julesr Guest

I bath DS every day, partly because I shower twice a day and adore going to bed nice and clean myself and partly because I loved giving him a bath.

He adored his bath from Day 1, would lie back and just chill out, so cute. And quite literally Day 1 - he had his first bath in the delivery suite because he did his first meconium poo all over me just after he was born and it went EVERYWHERE. We have some lovely pictures ready for his 21st birthday of him getting weighed with poo all over him.

HI

we've always bathed both bubs everyday. i think we were desperate to get Oscar into a routine so he knew when his 'long' sleep was coming up. I think it helped as he slept through from his second day home from hospital. We did the same with Will (who didn't sleep through for 3 or 4 months and even not really now without being re-dummied) but also because he had reflux and was so covered in sick that we had to! i think its a nice wind down or excess energy burn in Oscars' case as he's mostly 'physco' in the bath! i hadn't heard about the every other day advice - oops!

Julie x

ETA -
    not for hairy babies like mine, then they look mlike Elvis!!
    pmsl at the mental image Tracey!!!!

We lived in a very hot climate so daily bathing was essential for us from day one, I know I can't go to bed with out one, And if I dare put baby to bed with ut his bath I hear about it very quickly. Lol. Sometimes bubs gets bathed 2-3 times a day depends on where we are and time of year.

*las* Guest

We bath DS every second day due to his ezcema.

If he didn't have it so bad, we'd bath every night, he loves it and it's a great night time routine to get him settled for bed.

Our DS has a bath every night. He absolutely loves it and goes crazy with excitement. How can we deny him such a pleasure? I also love the smell of a freshly washed baby.

I feel SOOO guilty if i dont bath them a particular night. If we have a late night out or something and get home late we wont bother....but first thing in morning they are in the bath. I agree 1timemum, i love the smell of a fresh baby.....

we bathed jack once a day for first 10 weeks then when he started sleeping thru we went to 2 baths a day he has occasionally had 2 baths and a shower

i am sorry but he smells bad of a morning i couldn't imagine not bathing him straight up

I always bathed Em once a day. But really, I don't think I realised there was the option not to lOL. I think this time, if it doesn't fit in, I won't worry about it too much.

I guess it depends too if the bub likes baths or not!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast