Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: I really need some help please....

Hi Linda,
    You have got some remarkable advice. i can only concur with most of it. Us mothers really are a wealth of information. I think there are so many components to making this work,but one of the main ones is self belief-that you can do this that you will get through this and that there is light at the end of the tunnell. Ritualistic movements at night helped us all wind down and get ready for the sleep process. I had one child that was a dream;never ever a hickup with sleeping and one that was a nightmare. I ended up going to tweddle sleep stay program here in melbourne. I was taught controlled crying. it was the most awful thing i've ever done. Who is in control?? Certainly not me i was as hysterical as she was?
    I ended up with starting the bedding process at about 6.30, doing bath, massage,booby and cuddles,putting my rainforest cd on as quiet lulling background music. She would still fightand try and get up, but as one of the other mums said. i'd put one hand firmly on her shoulder and one rubbing her bottom. But not pinning her down. If she tried to fight and get up I'd say no;firmly.At which point she'd usually cry more,so i would then roll her away form me instead of looking at me.If she was facing me though i would close my eyes so i remain expressionless,if there isnt much to look at they usually close their eyes too. Hope i've helped.

Pauline

OMG OMG! What a little legend! WOOOOHOOOO!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Thanks Pauline, I agree - mothers have the best advice!

Well you won't believe this one....I was going to come on & ask about day sleeps, thinking I'd wait a few weeks then try them too. Well, got home this morning & Em was SO tired, so I put her in the cot & lay next to her. She grizzled a bit for about 5 mins, then got worked up. Now after being sick I wasn't going to let her scream. So I got her up & fed her (she is probably still a bit dehydrated - feeding every 2 hours :eek. anyway, when she was almost asleep feeding, I put her back in the cot with her dummy - one little cry then out like a light!!!!

& now I am praying that this will last......

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234