Thread: Rolling in cot

Default Rolling in cot

Hi all.

DS has started to roll on to his tummy in his cot but is unable to roll himself back over even though I have seen him do it before. He just gets stuck on his tummy which he hates and then grizzles for me to come in and roll him back over.

I don't want to keep doing this as I think it will cause problems with him settling himself off to sleep which he has always been quite good at. I could cope with him moving himself around his cot, I would never move him and just let him fall asleep wherever he was. But the fact that he hates being on his tummy is really causing the issue.

Have any of you solved this problem without causing another problem to be fixed down the track (i.e without staying with him till he falls asleep etc).

I have been trying to get him to practice his rolls when he has play time in the hope that he can roll himself back when he is in his cot, but so far have had no luck.

Thanks!

You could try a sleep positioner? Don't know if that would make him frustrated as well though as he wouldn't be able to roll onto his side or tummy if he did want to move. Oskar just rolls from side to side and sleeps on either his back or side but never tummy as he's too lazy anyway..lol. I can't think of any other suggestions really. Hope you find something to help.

Thanks Cass. I did see them when he was much younger, but had forgotten about them. I think they might frustrate him though. Having said that, he has STOPPED! Yay. Now he just lies on his side and eats the tail of his lion. That keeps him busy and off he goes to sleep. Bliss. Still waiting to see bits of lion hair in his nappy

hehehe Summerluven - that so reminds me of my boy! He eats his bear too