Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She's just not getting better...

Simone, Hope the appointment went well and that Anneliese is feeling much better soon

Nic

Moving out of the support panel to General baby discussion.

The following is a quote from BellyBelly with regards to the Support Panel. The full post can be found HERE

While the information published on this site is believed to be accurate at the time of writing, it is not guaranteed to be accurate nor is it intended in any way as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment by your own medical carers. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the physical or mental health of yourself or your baby, please seek assistance from your qualified healthcare provider.
    Love

Anneliese has a inner ear infection (like Declan) plus conjunctivitis. Plus all that gunk blocking up her head has caused a bacterial overgrowth in her sinuses. Is now on strong AB's, panadol, ear and eyes drops, so hopefully things will settle.

I apologise for snapping, but i've had 3 sick kids for 2 weeks, very little sleep (or even a break - the joys of being a single parent) and i just wanted some help...

Poor little thing.

Hope everyone's better soon.

Simone am glad to hear that Annaleise has been given some AB's and hopefully will now be on the mend for you. No need to apologise, I think considering the circumstances that you have done FANTASTICALLY well.

Wish I was closer to try and help you out instead of stuck on the other side of the country! I know what it is like tho to be somewhere with no family support. All mine like yours are in Perth and I have used my neighbours before (but they moved last week boohoo) when I have been in need. Maybe you can strike up a friendship with some of your neighbours so that if it happens again you have someone to turn to in a hurry?

Thanks Jillian,

Once again, i apologise. I am just overtired and did feel like i was being judged for not calling 000. I have had sick children since i had Xander (he had bronchiolitis 3 times in his first 6 months) and if i had bad judgement i wouldnt have him here now.

I agree with Jillian.. If I couldnt get an ill child that 'had a high temp, hacking cough, vomitting, was making miowing sounds ' to a Dr I'd call an ambulance, after all I pay my Membership & thats what they are there for...

Simone wrote: I didnt call an ambulance as she's not dying or that badly in need.
    Simone please dont take this the wrong way, but from personal experience it is honestly not worth waiting for a child to be almost dying & then calling an ambulance?

I passed out as a young child on numerous occasions unable to breath from Asthma & all that goes along with it, to the point of unconciousness, my parents had called the Ambulance & they revived me a few times...
    This happened to me as a 19 yr old too & I am glad my friends managed to call an ambulance in time....

So please dont think we are attacking you, maybe we have just experienced something & if it can prevent you or your kids from or anyone & their kids from having to go through something similar then I will speak up for what I think is the best interest of a child...

Kirsty77 Guest

Big hugs to you Simone. I hope your kids get better soon. You must be exhausted for them all being sick at the same time

Thanks kirsty. Im going crazy looking after them. I feel like i havent slept in days (prolly cause i havent lol) and just need a little me time.. Have told DH to take the kids to his place tonight, just so i can have some time to catch up on some sleep...

Simone, good to hear that you got Anneliese to the Dr's hun and that she has got the med's that she needs.

Hope she and Declan get better for you soon.

SIm darl,
    Even though DHS organised the break with the kids at day care, I think it is about time for you to have a word to the daycare center.
    Liz was in the daycare centre here in town and Ipulled her out because she was infected with a staph infection that could of killed Patrick. Talk to them and explain what has happened and let them now about the serious infections that the kids have had.

Hugs and kisses

Next time dont delay. If its as serious as that, dont even bother posting on here, just get the kids straight to a doctor. doesnt matter how you get there, just do it.

There is nothing more important than your children and obviously their health is a number 1 priority. Dont mess with things like that, its too risky.

Simone,
    When Eliza was waiting for a bed in casualty the amount of kids brought in by mums in an ambulance was amazing. Alot of them had no transport or were home by themselves at night and didn't want to put the child in a restraint without someone watching them. Hugs I know the Childcare issues..we were hospitalised thru illness caught at daycare and its not nice
    Bec

Simone ,
    I too think next time you should go straight to the hospital - On here we all can suggest things , but at the end of the day nothing is better than a professionals opinion , a professional who has seen your child and analysed her condition..
    If there is no way of getting to the hospital - I'd call an ambulance , rather safe than sorry..

Having said that , I hope your little girl gets better soon !..
    and you get some rest ! Raising kids isnt easy , let alone 3 little sick ones

Simone, i dont think anyone was attacking you either, just showing their concern for the health of your daughter. She was a prem baby and has had some medical problems in the past, no one was doubting your parenting, just giving advice.

I do agree with what Shannon said about maybe because she was prem daycare isnt for her yet?? I understand you may need time off or something, but day care can do everything in their power to stop cross contamination and it doesn't stop things being passed on. Its something you have to accept when putting your child in there. If its not okay, then take them out. yes the conjunctivitis is probable from day care, but the ear infection isn't.

Maybe consider family day care or something where there are less children??

Just a suggestion, I hope your little girl is on the mend now

I don't think its very fair that your XH couldn't get your car back to you considering it was about your childs health. Sure people work, but family should be put before work :|

take care of yourself and the kids

spreckemily Guest

Simone, I don't think you are irresponsible. Please remember there are people here who support you!! I know what it is like to be isolated without transport.

All the best with your doctor's appointment and I hope that he/shecan fix your little one quickly.

Lots of Love and hugs

To the ladies who mean well. Please be mindful of how things can look. Honestly, re reading some of these entries some did seem a little critical.
    Last edited by spreckemily; November 29th, 2006 at 11:08 PM.

Spreckemily,
    We simply replied with the knowledge we have had & helping as much as we can, if we have been in situations that turnedout worse than initially thought maybe we are a little over cautious now... But better to be over cautious than to experience a worse case scenario...
    Well IMHO anyways!???

Smile

Here's MHO too!

Simone you must be totally buggered, you have lots on your plate but can you have just the boys in daycare? when DD started daycare she came home with every available cough/cold/virus every invented. Really, she had a snotty nose for about a year, but never got sick again after that. The only things is with Annaliese being so prem, she probably (I never had a premmie though) can't take that sort of assault on her little immune system.
    I have Mitch in daycare 2 days a week ( I work from home) and I am not afraid to admit I really get to spend some terrific time with Elizabeth when he is not around chucking his toys all over the place. It's like having a flashback to the "quiet" times when I only had one!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast