Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: She's just not getting better...

Hi Simone and everyone!

I am glad you were able to get family help to get to the doctors and get Annaleise the required attention. I know you've been through hell lately.

My mum used to put money aside when I was a kid (she doesn't drive) as Dad was often away or at a friend's place (don't ask) and I was sick a lot. She used to ask neighbours, take a taxi etc as we had no family close by.

If ever you're stuck please email me and I am happy to help out (monetary if necessary) so you can get a taxi or if you need medication. I haven't met you in person but I feel for you. There's plenty of advice out there but at the end of the day you do what's best for you and your family with your limited resources. We both know what its like when things get "out of hand" in a chat room but I think everyone was just trying to be helpful. If you move down the track try to be closer to public transport or family so you can get more help. I went through hell as a kid when my dad was away and I was sick. When I was 10 and needed to be rushed to my doc's surgery at 10pm (by taxi) with an asthma attack the doc asked "Where is her dad?" and when mum said "playing football in another town" he nearly had an asthma attack too!

I also agree that maybe Annaleise could have a spell from daycare until she gets stronger - the trouble is though that germs/viruses are everywhere and if your other kids get sick then there's no stopping them spreading it in your house unless your family quarrantine's them for you!

Anyway hope you have better news soon, pm or email me - I think its time for another present to come your way!

Take care!

Thanks neeny you always know how to make me smile ...

Hey Simone you poor thing. Kids are a worry arent they! I know myself every little tiny thing even if its a completely normal thing, like Jesse's hormone rash (his face was litterally covered!), i dont know whether to take him to see the doc and will turn out looking like a twit or if im worrying about nothing.
    I think its nice to have this forum to throw thoughts and concerns out there to hear other people's opinions what they think you should do and if theyve had that experience. By the sounds of it are a great mum, because you were concerned enough to come on here and do just that, ask what to do and i think you got the answer that yes perhaps you should take her to see the doc, which you did. So dont take what some have said to heart ok, just give that lil chicken a kiss on her head and she will be all better soon

simone what an ordeal hun i hope your kids are feeling better soon and you are able to get some rest , i wish i was closer i would come and watch them 4 u so u can get some much needed rest too . . .
    ((hugs)) to you and your family i hope you are all feeling better soon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123