Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shoes for baby

Von, it's just not worth it until they're really up and walking and needing protection from the ground outside. I think they say they shouldn't be fitted for their "first shoe" until they have been properly walking for at least 6 weeks. If your girl's not in a hurry then don't stress about it. She'll end up with shoe fetishes later in life without a doubt... we all do!

katanya Guest

Though I have to say, it is bloody annoying to go searching all of the aisles at Woolies to find the shoes that he slipped off and dropped out of the pram
    oh I hate that, the girl I work with who has autism hates shoes too, and she always looses hers as well, I am forever going up to the counter and leaving my name and number for missing shoes.. ](*,)

A lot of the kids speciality shoe stores have baby shoes that have a squishy rubber sole (can't think of the brand!). I've also seen hand made suede ones at the Berwick market that would be good too.

*Rachel* Guest

ShuShu's are awesome. We just got back from Sydney, and purchased 2 pairs from the Paddington Markets $20 each pair, from the lady that makes them.

I have her number if anyone wants it. she doesn't have a website atm, but is contactable by phone and fax

Must say I don't bother much with shoes for kids under 18mths, I find that they take them off and lick them rather than wear them. So far Jessica hasn't worn a pair adn she is 9 and a half mths.

Jemma is 2 and 4mths and in a size7. All my kids have had puffy feet, high instep and finding shoes was very hard, especially as they also have wide ffet, and lots of little girls shoes are skniiy
    cheers
    Michelle

Pietta Guest

Ryley is starting to not like his shoes anymore.. Hmmm...

Maybe this is stopping him from being confident in walking like you said Ambah... something t o ponder

It could very well be why he doesnt like them Pee... I think it is a bit harder for them to learn to balance in as well, when they probably need to be learning how to balance on their barefeet first iykwim?

Maybe just put shoes on Ryley when he goes outside, but when he is indoors leave him in barefeet or socks with grips on the bottoms...

*bump*

Have you guys seen the competition at the top to win a year of baby shoes? How fantastic is this?

lol I just entered and sent the link to DH so he can enter too. They're so cute - I love the ones with the little bees on them.

I entered too! they look so cute!

I hope a BB member wins them.

I entered too. How cool are they??? My mum is frog mad, so she would love Zander to have a pair of the frog ones!

I think I might actually buy some as well, Zander always squirms out of his socks, so these will keep them on!

I have entered too... hey thats a great idea about getting your DH to enter... I must remember to get mine to as well!
    I would love a pair of these for Aidyn, but we are so financially challenged atm, that theres just no way...... unless of course we win them!

katanya Guest

This is really no good have the Robeez website at the top of Belly Belly! I vist the site regularly already , and look at pairs of shoes that I want to buy..Felix has the red monkeys, they have been his main shoe since he turned 1, I have a pair of boots he wears if we go to some where where it is wet or rough..but the robeez are awsome, I would recomended them wholeheartedly!

But why do they have to taunt me..BTW I am winning the competition..So don't worry about entering! =P~

katanya...no I think you have it wrong, I am winning it so you may as well not even enter

Wouldn't it be funny if BB members were the ones to win all the prizes!

katanya Guest

oh okay Christy and Sarah you can both win the consolation prizes, because the mai n prize is MINE!!:smt077

I hope there's a 3rd consolation prize! I would be totally rapt to win 2 pairs for Aidyn!

Yep soft soled shoes are the go in our house too to begin with, always bought Grosby's though, will definitly take a look into these Robeez - they're gorgeous.

btw - i have a 4 yr old who is in a size 1 - omg yes, bigfoot beware!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast