Thread: A very Poo'ey Question *TMI*

Red face A very Poo'ey Question *TMI*

Ok, so we are all mummy's here and poo is a general topic, so here goes TMI and everything.

Lately (about a day and a half now) dd has been doing really strange poo's and more of them than usual. It's darkish green (think dark kaki) and has that yellow milk-solid-type-things in. AND some slime??? Like the type that is in your nose, but a bit more watery. To be very honest it looks kind of like the type of slime you would get around ovalation time. The slime is lightgreen/white-to-see-through colour. And it' has a nasty smell about it. She does not have fever and her cold has cleared up about a week ago. She are eating good (FF, solids and "tests" about anything that comes of my plate) She is sleeping badly. She wakes up and pass gas and cry. And she is a bit fussy, not her usual bubbling self.
    I have to add that since birth I have only ONCE had a solid poo, her tummy is always a bit on the soft side, not runny, but soft - like bf bubbas.
    So do I need to worry about something like this? I did phone the pead, but is waiting for him to phone back and thought I would ask and get some "ideas"
    I did suspect teething, but I have been praying for teeth for MONTHS now, but her gums are not even swollen or red. I feel that she will get teeth for her 16th birthday!
    She is now 9 months.

My first thought was either teething or a food sensitivity...

Is there anything she has sampled off your plate that she's never had before. Has anyone you know been sick. Perhaps she has picked up a tummy bug. These things have a habit of clearing up by the time you get to see the Dr

Otherwise I suspect teething. It can do crazy things to the poo, sometimes weeks before a tooth appears. They'll pop out eventually. Caleb didn't get any till 11 months!

Ok, you thought talking about baby poo was tmi, so here goes.

I have never really checked my poo, but I do know that when I get a cold and for weeks after I have a lot of mucous in my system. I generally feel congested all the time. So much so that when I do get a cold I tend to swallow it in my sleep. After a couple of days my tummy gets so full of mucous I start feeling sick and I end up throwing up heaps of it, no food just mucous.

I have already noticed mucous coming up in DS's spew as he has had a cold recently, and we have had some very sticky poos, but they have been like that since birth.

I'm sure the colour is just reflective of the poo at the time.

Fingers crossed your littlin is just working something yucky out of her system after the cold she had

Thanks for the replies ladies

The pead says that I should not worry. If she is eating and not vomiting and she is not dehydrated, she is fine and 80% it's just a virus or something that is working out.

Raven - I don't think I can wait till she is 11 months I wanna see little white pebbles NOW!!

Nadine glad pead said all is fine The first thing I thought of when you said about the slime was snot as it can make there poo snotty lol if you get what i mean.

dont wish for teeth enjoy the gummy bear as long as you can they are just so cute toothless its the only time in your whole life you can be toothless and hairless and everybody still thinks your cute!!!

Tali!! I love that gummy smile of hers!!! But she has been having "teething" symptoms for heck knows how long ... I would just like to see some results!