Thread: What can I give her/do for her? PLEASE help me

Default What can I give her/do for her? PLEASE help me

To make Miss S (3months) do a huge poo? She hasn't done one for more than 5 days now. She hasn't slept all day, is grizzly now and in pain. I can't stand the crying anymore. Please, can ANYONE suggest ANYTHING to help her go...please? You'll be helping her out and her mummy.

Is she breast fed ? My kids sometimes went a week without going when they were BF, apparently its perfectly normal.

Brown sugar in warm water?
    Massage around her belly?
    Pharmacy medicine?

Take her to a chiro - after every single chiro session my little one does a massive dump. And she can go 7 days without!!

Hope she goes soon.
    Sue xx

fully bf. the girls here did say it was norml but now she seems to be in pain from it

Try bicycling her legs up and massaging her tummy in a circular motion downwards from her belly button.

Try moving her legs in a bycyle motion, that can help. If she is breast fed, they can go a long time without a poo
    My DD went 7days once, just be ready for when she does as it could be a poo explosion.

Hello,im bit worried to suggest things because i have before(not on this site)and been told off!lol but my DD had terrible problems going and i ended up ringing the hospital and speaking to a midwife because i was sick of the crying and her in pain,and they suggested putting brown sugar in her bottle so either if your breast feeding express some and put in or if bottle feeding do same,probelm is i cant remember how much sorry,i have a feeling it was like a teaspoon to say a normal made up 120mls or so(hoping someone might come along and correct me if wrong)also she said if that doesnt work prune juice,it was 30mls prune juice to say 30mls water half and half or whatever they will drink so just say even 10mls prune and 10mls water i know alot of people dont like giving anything but milk or water so young but i had to do something and thats what the midwife told me,also my sister who has 3 children also had to do this and actually stewed prunes,so it works,it did for me and actually my DD is now 18months and sometimes still has problems going and i still use the prune its safe natural and works,oh just be ready to catch it though!!I needed 2 nappies!but it may need over night to work id give with warm water to help along even,hope that helps i remember my DD being in great distress and people said oh its normal but you know your baby and its horrible seeing them upset.

If she's breastfed this is pretty normal and you don't really need to do anything about it - the discomfort could well mean the poo is on its way.
    You can try cool boiled water if you're really desperate (no sugar). Otherwise some people find drops (like brauers type things) seem to do the trick.

A nice warm bath might also help.

i was going to suggest putting her in a bath that's as hot as she can safely be in, and for as long as possible, she should go if she fully relaxes.
    the brown sugar trick does work a treat, also try massaging her belly in a clockwise direction. if she's still in pain in a day or so, see a dr to make sure there's nothing wrong.

Mine had some tummy issues a few weeks ago, I tried the downwards massage thing that was mentioned a few posts back and it got him farting again and he was much happier. He's a farty baby. Swallows air and doesn't burp it up so it comes out the other end, however that works.

Coloxyl drops? Although I'm not sure if they help to make them poo, or only if they're constipated...I have a bottle here but can't be bothered to go and look at the directions
    Does she get any extra water during the day? It doesn't sound like she's constipated as such, otherwise she'd be doing little hard balls...if there is nothing maybe she's just building up a big one for you?! Hope she's feeling better soon

Hun, as the others have said, this is very normal for a bf baby. Breastmilk is a natural laxative and it's bascially unheard of for a bf baby to be constipated. Sometimes it does seem as they are having "poo pain" but in fact the unsettled behaviour is more likely related to either a growth spurt, wind, or something else entirely. Babies do often seem to experience some discomfort as they get used to digesting food, but this is quite different from constipation.

There are many things that help an unsettled baby and the girls have already given you some great ideas. Often mums find that holding the baby upright against their chest works well (slings can work like magic), warm baths and movement are also good. This too shall pass hun (no pun intended)

PS constipation is not the length of time between poos but rather the fact that poos are hard when they come. I can bet that when this one comes it will be runny and messy. If so then you will know for sure it's not constipation.

Agree with the others about the breastfeeding - she will go, and it will be IMPRESSIVE Can't remember which one I used to do it with, probably T as she was very windy, used to put her gently across my knees, supporting her head and chest with one hand/arm, and rubbing her back with the other hand. Used to get things moving a bit.

Hope she gets some relief soon.

Prepare yourself - a poosplosion is looming!!! It's awful to see them in pain but she is probably just preparing to let loose!! DD had a few bad moments like that around the same age and we found the following helped:

- extra breastfeeds
    - warm bath
    - cycling her legs
    - Brauers Colic Relief - this helped a lot on several occassion, especially when she started on solids. It's homeopathic so all natural

I hope your LO does a poo soon!

Thanks everyone. I don't remember Mis J being like this (although i'm sure she probably was and I just don't remember it ) I've been cycling her legs, 2 warm baths during the night, had her cuddles up to me during the night, trying to get her to have extra water with a tiny bit of brown sugar and some without (none of which she was interested in but will keep trying), extra feeds and massage. Hoping she does it soon!

Seriously give the Brauers Colic Relief ago if she seems distressed. It really helped my DD

At this age I would urge you not to try sugar, it's really no good for her and breastmilk is enough to get her going. If nothing else works and you are concerned, try massaging her anus in a circular motion, but be prepared the poosplosion might end up all over your hand. My boytwin got constipated as he was on a lot of medication and this, in conjunction with tummy massages and the cycling motion with his legs, really helped him go.