Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When did you get her ears pierced?

Default When did you get her ears pierced?

My DD is almost 1 and Ive been thinking about when I should get her ears pierced - I didn't get mine done till I was 9 so I orignally thought I'd do a similar thing with her. I've just been wondering though,is it better to do it when theyre younger so its not such a big deal?
    What do you think? What have you done with your daughters?

I don't think it's a big deal. I had Alecia done quite young, but the younger three I haven't worried about, and if you saw the amount of steel I have put into my face you would think they would be onto their 3rd hole already! But I think when they let me know they want them I will oblige

I had mine done when I was 12. I figure if Darcy asks before then we'll see at the time. I'm going to wait until she requests it though. But that's just me.

I was 5 when mine were done...but im not doing my girls unless they ask for it to be done. For me...i dont like earrings on little kids...yes it is cute but id rahter wait for them to ask. For all i know they might hate it and wish id never done it...least this way its their choice.

I wanted my ears peirced as a young girl but i was made to wait until i was 13 and i vowed that when i had children i would let them (girl or boy if they want) have it done when THEY asked or wanted it, and not make them wait!!!

I then got my second hole in one ear done at 15 without asking (i didnt want to be told i had to wait again!! ) and it took my mum about 4 months to notice!! I was soooo paraniod the first week or so after i got it done, but by the time she finaly noticed i was like, "oh yeah i did that ages ago!!" so i didnt get into trouble, coz it couldnt be that big a deal, if they didnt even notice!!! LOL
    I was such a rebel!! LOL Mind you Dad hates all my tatoo's too!!

I had both my girls done at 5mths. They only cried a little, never got infected, and were easily cared for.

I think it is a very personal choice, I had my own done at a young age and it was something I wanted to do also for my girls at a young age. Good luck in your decision.

I had DD! done when she was about 4-5 months. Nothing ever happened - no infections and she never played or touched them. I thought at the time the younger she was the less likley she was to play with them.
    DD2 is nearly 10 months and i havent really thought about getting hers done yet.

CatherineL Guest

I agree it's each to their own. I will get Rochelle's done sometime in the next year. I had mine done when I was an infant and not only do I not remember the pain associated with it but I also never had any problems with it infection etc. However when I was in primary school I got my second holes done and they used to get so infected and I'd keep taking them in and out and playing with them, they'd grow over and I'd get my gf's to poke them back through before class etc. It was horrible! I don't particularly like the look of piercings on little girls, or the cute factor. But I think in our society it's not really whether they will get them pierced, but when. I respect some people want to follow tradition of allowing their daughter to be pierced on her 13th birthday - high five to them - but i'd rather do it whilst she is younger so I can clean them and look after them for her. Mum also told me I never really played with them because as far as I knew they had always been apart of me.

You just need to do what works for you and not get too carried away with what everyone else thinks. Best of luck!

DoubleK Guest

ive been wanting to get krystals ears pierced since she was about 1, she is 19 months now, and i still havent had them done! - only because i just dont think of it!! i would like to get them done soon tho.

i think they look really pretty on little girls

I had mine done at 9 months, I had DD's done when she was 3....in hindsight I should have had hers done earlier!!

i got DD1 done at 4months and to my surprose not a single tear just a little grizzle and that was it. I have had some ppl tell me that in their opinion its a form of child abuse but personally i would rather do it whilst they are younger. With DD2 (who is 8 wks) i will prob do it b4 she is a yr too. We never had any infetions or probs with them etc.

I grew up in Mexico, where baby girls get their ears pierced a few weeks after birth. None that I knew of had any problems. (My parents didn't let me get mine done until I was 15 though...) With DD, I will let her get hers pierced when she asks for it, but not before. I just wouldn't feel right making a decision regarding body modification on someone else's body, iykwim.

I got Tehya's ears pierced when she was 10 weeks old and I cried longer than her. We hae never had an issue with them, never got infected etc.

I will be getting Abbey's done soon too. Not sure if I will have them done by 10 weeks though. She's so much littler than Tehya was.

I got mine done at 14. I let my DDs decide when they wanted theirs done, DD1 was 7, she loves them and was fine with them,DD2 was 7 too but hers got infected and she wouldn't let me touch them and then she wanted them out so now her holes have closed up and she says she will NEVER have pierced ears again!

Jenstar Guest

We nearly had DD's ears pierced at 3 but at the last minute I chickened out after the woman said some kids end up walking out with only one ear done. She is turning 5 in April and I think it would be a nice, cute and feminine look for school. I am hoping she will ask me of her own accord but she doesn't really talk about it. I sometimes suggest whether she would like it and she says yes but she never follows me up on it or anything. I hear you can get numbing gel from the chemist too so they won't feel a thing. For many years, I begged my parents to have mine done and eventually they let me at age 11. I felt like I was one of the last girls at my school to get it done.

Sarah23 Guest

i got my daughters ears pierced at 11 months. She cried for a short while as she got scared by the procedure but she was fine as soon as we walked out of the beautician. She did not touch her earrings which i was originally worried about her pulling them and they didnt get infiected either.

The girls at the beautician were telling me that its often easier to get it done at a younger age as the baby does not really know whats going on as when there older there more aware and move around alot more (i had to have both the girls and myself holding bubba down). If i have another girl i would definetely get it done ealrier.

There was a post on this a little while ago too... Babies having their ears pierced

smiles4u Guest

Exclamation

My Mum wldn't let me get mine done until I was 15 when I had finished doin compulsory PE at school cause a couple of girl's we knew got their eye lobes ripped from having have a soft ball hit their eye-lobes while playing the sport.

It scared me 2 & I ws happy 2 get em done later at 15.

Tho I think I wld let me daughter get them done when she hits her teens.

Personally I don't like that look of pierced ears on babies.

BUT that's jst me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast