Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When to Get Ears Pierced

Default When to Get Ears Pierced

I was just wondering when it's a good age to get baby's ears pierced... I want to get Kiara's done while she's little but when is it ok?

Any ideas... what did you do?

I got Tehya's ears done when she was 10 or 11 weeks old. We never had any problems with them at all. Never have they been red or infected. She doesn't touch them or pull on them at all. As for crying, I cried longer than she did when she got them done. I went to a beautician and they did both ears at the same time.

It's totally up to you when you get them done. Different places with have different policies too. When you decide you are going ot get them done, have a look around, see if you can find a place that with do them both at once. It is over quicker this way.

Like circ. everyone will have an opinion on this. Decide what YOU want to do and go for it.

I think it is a personal choice... I wanted my daughters done when she was very little, but her father wouldn't allow it.
    I got hers done when she was 2.
    The one thing I wish I did though was to get them done with a needle and not with the piercing gun... the needle is much less painful for little ones.

Paris was 2 I think??!?!!?

*hugs*
    Cailin

Trish... Did Tehya act similar to when she got her needles???

If yes, then I think that I'll get them done soon! She'll start teething soon, so might prepare her for that! lol
    Last edited by Mel09; January 9th, 2007 at 09:46 AM. Reason: typo

We never had any problems with her needles. The last lot were the worse, she was older and knew what was coming when it was time for the second needle.

Hey, beauty hurts Need to teach them at a young age. LOL. Only joking of course.

My mum got me and my sister done when we were very young. Back then the doctors did them with needles at the same time.

I would suggest going somewhere where they can be done at the same time and the younger the better.

DH & I Have decided that we will get Alexas done when she is old enough to ask for it (more him than me LOL)....

But that is us...

& I have to admit that wee ones look so cute with pierced ears LOL... just dont tell my DH that!!!!!

Do it when YOU feel the time is right... as everyone else has siad...

You know your baby best!!!

PS... Post a piccie if you get it done hehehe

I had my DD's done when she was around three months, hers were done with a piercing gun (in a chemist) she let out a small wimperish cry for about 30 seconds each ear then that was it - all over. She never touched / pulled on them either.

We had Maddy's done at a professional tattoo & piercing studio. She was about 4 months. Never had any trouble ever as we were told to get it done whilst young as they then dont play with them with their dirty fingers!
    Maddy thought the lady covered in tatt's & piercings was really interesting & she just stared at her as 2 ladies did an ear each at the same time. It was with the gun & over in a few seconds Maddy opened her mouth to cry & it was all done!

Indah had hers done at 1 yr of age, as the same place now legally dont do it before 1 yr of age, Indah did cry, but she was scared of the lady that had captured Maddy's eye.

Maddy sat with me & Indah & she till stared at the heavily pierced & tattoed lady!

Indah's too have never gone red or had any probs!!!

I was 12

DD#1 was 7, we got them done in Darwin when we lived there and a lot of places wouldn't do them before 8 years wtf?? She cried heaps after the first one and nearly didn't have the 2nd one done lol. DD#2 says she is NEVER having hers pierced cause it would hurt! I was 14 when I had mine done.

My DD had hers done last year, a couple of months before she turned 7.
    We left it up to her to decide if she wanted it done or not. She changed her mind a couple of times though.

I had a friend give me some Zylocain, sp?, as that is what she used for her DD's ears.

Took her to the local beauty salon and they had 2 girls do one ear each at the same time.

Before they put the guns to her ears they showed her how it worked and the noise it would make, so she wasnt frightened/surprised by the noise. Though, with a little one, it probably wouldnt make any difference.

Nic

Smile

I got Chloe and Haylee's ears done when they were 10 weeks old, I got this stuff from the chemist called emla gel (think that is how it is spelt), it cost $12 for a tiny tube and it numbs there ear lobes. Both girls slept through the whole process which was done by the gun.

I was 2 when my mum got mine done
    If i ever ave a daughter i want to get hers done as early as possible, but dp has said no

DH & I have both agreed that we will get Amy's done when she asks for it. Our thinking is what right do we have to put holes in her ears because once they are done they don't really grow over if left out. I am not trying to upset anyone but that is just our opinion. I have 3 in my left and 2 in my right. I was only allowed to have one set and when my mum died I got the rest done and have regretted it since as now I only wear one set.

We were actually the same Gemma....did it when the girls asked for it and Im praying Sammy never does lol!!!!

Jo

I waited till Cait asked for them and she had them done just before her 5th birthday. Personally, I don't like seeing very young baby girls with earrings, I think it looks cheap.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast