Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When did you start to buy things for your baby?

I put all the big stuff on layby at 14 weeks - after we got the all clear from our 12 week scan I am supersticious but not when it comes to pregnancies. I personally believe in 'The Secret' therefore making happen what you want to happen, if that makes sense.

I had the nursery completely setup and ready to go by 25 weeks and my bags packed at 35 weeks. I went into spontaneous labour at 38+5 but had a couple of friends admitted to hospital early with PE and they were totally unprepared. I was so glad I was ready for bubs arrival no matter how early or late it was.

with DD1 I was about half way when I was putting things on layby, DD2 about 18 weeks and DS i seen a pram on special when I was 7 weeks along so I brought it lol

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I had a small amount of things before we conceived (wraps toys etc).

DS1 put all big stuff (cot, pram, change table/tall boy) on lay by as soon as we had 20 week scan (at 16 weeks we picked what we wanted and had quote written down). Then bought clothes and things as time wen on.

DS2 didnt buy anything till 26 ish weeks and only some neutral clothes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12