Thread: When did your child crawl after showing signs?

Question When did your child crawl after showing signs?

My DD (8 months) is def showing signs of crawling (at last!!) - she is always doing 360's and can move backwards a bit. She also streches right out to reach thing but then cries when she can't. I know I should leave her to work it out but after awhile I feel sorry for her and bring the toy closer!

How long after showing signs like these or others did your baby crawl? Should I be expecting it soon or does it differ with every baby. I don't really mind but it's nice to know that she is closer to reaching another milestone.

I am pretty sure it differs.
    DS was showing signs of crawling at about 4.5 months! He started a very slow commando thing, and has been doing that ever since. He is now 10 months (tomorrow). He gets up and crawls a little, but he's crazy half commando crawl gets him everywhere he wants in the blink of an eye.
    He has been pulling himself to stand for a month now, and walking along the couches and other items aswell.I don't think he will ever crawl 'normally' (although I think his crazy commando style is pretty ,normal for him)as he gets everywhere he needs to as is.

So.. yep, they are all diff! Enjoy not having to chase your DD around the house for just a little while longer.. cos it won;t be very long at all until she's eating scraps out of the bin and then following you to the loo!
    LOL

Thanks - oh that's the other thing. DD HATES standing! I see all the other babies her age standing and pulling themselves up but when we standher on our knees she would rather lift her legs and do a jig!! Wll her muscles develop in time or is this something I should be concerned about?

She will do it all when she is ready to do it. Mine have all been crawling within 4-6wks of commando crawling, but they are my kids and your kids will be different obviously. And don't worry about her not liking to stand up, she is probably unsure of herself and this may make her feel scared kwim? She will do it eventually - have you ever seen an adult that still crawled?

My DS commando crawled for about 8 weeks before working out that the "proper" crawl technique. He's now pulling himself to standing on EVERYthing, and starting to cruise around a bit more. But if I try to "walk" with him, he's got no idea. My niece never crawled, just bum shuffled, and absolutely hated standing, until around 16 months. Then she started pulling herself up, and now at 18 months she's walking as though she's always been able to do it. They're all different, and as Trillian says, ever seen an adult who crawls - I'm sure your DD will be just fine, but it is exciting watching them learn new things.