Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When to Get Ears Pierced

Cailin, me too... When Maddy looks at the more alternatively dressed & styled persons I can see her mind ticking over, I think there;'s far worse things in the world to be worrying about than my child making a statement & being who she wants to be & is comfortable with...

I see her following Gwen Stefani, as she's really into the Japanese styles, she often has on jeans with 2 skirts a red & a black & then a white singles over a t-shirt... I really dont care...

We have highlighted her hair by putting blonde streaks through it... norty I know but it was that she wanted or a mohawk, so I allowed the hair colour!
    I have received THE look from a few mum's but I dont mind, I can give dirty looks back just as well..

Ofcourse Fletch, I'm telling ya she's a real grot!

Debbie Lee Guest

Tracey - blonde streaks are nothin'! Several of the kids I taught in Werribee had blonde highlights... and they were boys! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mel09
    Just a thought... What girl doesn't want their ears pierced??? I have not known ANYONE who doesn't have them done and that wishes they weren't. Its a small hole that you can't even notice if there is no earring and it's not a permanent tattoo... Just my thought...
    I wish mine had never been done, which is why I never wear them. My mother thought I would become more of a girl if I had something feminine done. Why I did the other two piercings, hmmm I was drunk in Europe for the first one & in Amsterdam for the 2nd. The only holes that do show now are the ones that were done by the gun when I was 7, the 2 I did myself (with needles) don't show.

I *do* have an aversion to piercings because they can put energy meridians out of whack, I know mine was due to a mis-placed piercing (nipple) and it took about 2 years of treatment with an acupuncturist & kinesiologist to get my correct energy flows back. I know this doesn't probably mean a lot to people, but my magickal practice depends on my ability to control/manipulate energy, I have spent a lot of time and energy getting myself back to the level I was magickally before the piercing, the nipple (and in a way the nose) piercing has basically taken 4 years out of my evolution as a sangomas.

Tattoos, scarification and some piercing (done in a ritual sense to mark levels of knowledge) are part of tribal workings for both sides of my bloodline, my major tattoo is tribal, if I was to be initiated into the tribal magickal system then I would get the scarification done and probably get the correct piercing for my level.
    Last edited by AngelPunks; January 11th, 2007 at 06:53 PM.

LOL at Maddy and Paris wanting to be peirced and tattooed...

We were talking about tattoo's yesterday actually... And Kiara will be allowed to get one if at 16 she chosses it and if she still wants that exact same tattoo in the exact same place 12 months later I will take her.

I have 2 tatts and one was spur of the moment one was 12months of waiting and wanting... guess which one I wish was different!

I think that you need to be open and flexible, I am positive that Kiara will appreciate them, otherwise I wouldn't get them done.

I will be booking her in in the next few weeks... when we get some spare cash after Christmas!

both hubby and i have tatts
    hubby has quite a few and i have two
    i dont regret either of them as they are not tacky and cannot be seen anyway. i got them for me and hubby not for anyone else.
    i have also had my belly peirced 3 times!! yes i kept taking it out.
    first time i thought my mum saw it so i freaked out and removed it and it wouldnt go back in. she didnt even see it!!!! arghh

the next time hubby got sick of it cause he couldnt hug me without me freakin out incase it got caught or somethin lol
    and the third time due to re piercing over scar tissue my body rejected it and pushed it out. i now have a not so very nice scar from it and when i was pregnant it looked yuk!
    oh wells you learn from your mistakes
    hehe
    i have three holes in both ear lobes and one at the top of my right eat. too bad i only wear one pair of earings

My hubby is covered in tatts we wont be making any rules about our daughters bodies, it belongs to them & I tell Maddy (Indah is too young to understand yet) that she should moisturise regularly & that HER body is HER temple to look after & worship/respect in the way she wnats too... I guess there will be some new fashion/craze by the time she's old enough to make such a decision, I cant tell her no.... It isnt mine to tell her no, it's hers!

exactly Tracey.. that's why if Kiara wants a tattoo and chooses one, and still wants it 12 monthslater, I'll take her... I just want her to know that when your young and at the time think that you'll never regret it... but she might if it's just a craze thing~!~

I got Melissa's done when she was 5

LOL jillian

I get that with Callum. Cause his hair is curly and abit on the long side as DH doesnt want me to cut the curls out I get What a lovely looking girl. I say no its a boy and ppl say he is to pretty to be a boy. hmmmmm its nice to hear how good looking he is but come on ppl, He is in boys clothes.....lol

Oh Fletch, thats funny. I don't know how anyone could mistake Ella for a boy - she looks so pretty and feminine in the pics.

Jillian, trust me it still won't stop them. I remember when Teh was little. I was carying her in her capsule that was completely done in pink, cshe was dressed in pink and had a pink blanket on her, play she had earrings and I STILL got asked !! Stupid woman.

I had one of Marks great Aunties calling Teh a boy the other day. I don't think she looks like one, She was dressed girly, has long hair and her hair in piggy tails and bloody gold earrings in her ears. Well, I think she looked like something out of Moulan Rouge butdid I say anything

I am hoping that this baby has hair like INdah long & curlly esp if it is a HE! Coz I'll not cut it just to confuse ppl!!! Mwwaaaah hhhhaaa haaaaa!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123