Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worried about heel ***** test results

Default Worried about heel ***** test results

Hi everyone,
    I'm stressing out here. My little boy is nearly 2 weeks old, and I just got a call from a midwife at the hospital. The results for one of the heel ***** tests has come up borderline. It is apparently regarding thyroidism. I have to take Luke back to the hospital this morning to get a repeat test. The midwife said that there's every chance this next test will come up clear, but I'm terrified. I don't really know what it will mean if the results are bad.
    Has anyone else experienced this? I'm so worried that there's something wrong with him. The midwife told me not to worry, but how can I not?

Default reply

Sweetie, try not to worry, it's a standard test. If the midwives were really worried then the Peadiatrician would of spoken to you not them. Hope that put u a bit more at ease angel.xx 4 u and Luke

Just wanted to send big hugs to you and wish you the best of luck.

Hopefully, the test is just that - borderline or negative.

Best wishes to you and your beautiful little baby.

Jacq, best wishes for your little boys next test. Fingers crossed it comes up negative this time.

jacq, goodluck for the next test. You will be in my thoughts. Fingers and toes crossed.

Oh Jacq I know exactly how you feel. It still makes be shiver when I remember getting a call from the genetic counsellor from Monash. Alana's was for suspected cystic fibrosis, which unfortunately came back positive.

Majority of the calls people get from these test end up being nothing. So keep that in mind.

Let us know how it all goes and I'm here if you want to chat, as I know what a terrible thing it is just to have to wait.

Custardtart Guest

Really Jecq, don't worry. If you want to know more about it to put your mind at ease, do a search on google for treatment of thyroidism - even if it comes up positive it's not something to worry about anymore, it can be easily controlled. The way it's treated now, it's pretty much on par with a vitamin deficiency - I really wouldn't stress about it. It's not going to affect the development of your beautiful baby - look on the bright side and be thankful that they noticed it early!

Kerrie

jacq I hope everything goes okay with the next test. *hugs*

Jacq, I hope everything will be ok with little Luke. The midwives probably just want to make sure everything is ok with him, please don't stress (I know easier said than done). Hopefully it will be nothing but they are just airing on the way of cautiousness.

Jacq... I'll be thinking of you guys and keeping everything crossed
    I'm sure everything will be fine though... and as Kerrie said, thyroidism is really easily treatable these days, so I'm sure your little boy is going to be just fine

Oohh ick, I'm sure you feel stressed right now, but I agree with custart tart on this. It's better to know if there could be a problem anyway.
    Kisses

Lulu

kirsty Guest

Have to say I agree with knowing of a problem from the start, but here's hoping that Luke's second test comes back all clear. That way you can be thankful that your midwife was so thorough.

Jacq how did everything go?

Custardtart Guest

Any more news yet?

Kerrie

Thanks guys for your positive thoughts. Luke had the test redone last week, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm hoping that's a good sign.
    I haven't been on this site for a few days. Things have been pretty hectic here. As well as taking care of Luke, I've also had to take care of my husband. He's just had surgery on his hip, so he's in a lot of pain and can hardly move. I feel like I get no chance to rest because all my time and energy goes into looking after everyone else. Then, a few nights ago, I suddenly developed this incredible pain in my chest/stomach. Everything went really tight and it was unbearable. My husband isn't able to drive, so he had to call an ambulance. The ambulance people were horrible to me. When they discovered that I was a first time mum to a newborn, they completely dismissed me. They basically told me that I was just emotional and getting myself worked up over nothing. They were really insulting and degrading. As it turns out,after a number of tests were done, it was found that I have gallstones. I've done some research, and it seems as if it's quite common for people to develop them due to pregnancy. I'm going into hospital next week to have them removed.
    Anyway, sorry to get sidetracked. Thanks again everyone for your support. I'll keep you posted when I get the results. Thanks for listening, Jacq.

Oh no!

Hope you feel better soon and that DH recovers quickly.

Those ambulance officers were so rude. Last thing you need when you feel unwell is rude condescending people like that. One would think that their job would involve more compassion than that they showed you.

Hope the heel ***** results come back soon - and are all ok.

Best wishes and big hugs

Jacq so sorry to hear of your ordeal. I hope you recover well from your gallstone op. Sounds like DH won't be able to look after you. I hope he recovers quick also.

Good luck with the heel ***** test results.

Thanks again everyone for your support. I still hadn't heard anything back about Luke's results so I rang the hospital. I was told that I would only have received a phone call if something was wrong. The test was done 2 weeks ago now, so I'm hoping it's safe to assume that the results came back clear.

I'm going in to hospital tomorrow to have my gallstones operation. I can't wait. I've had a few more attacks in the last 2 weeks and the pain is horrible. Hopefully everything will be okay after they're removed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast