Thread: Cheaper alternative to the bugaboo??

Default Cheaper alternative to the bugaboo??

Hi, we're thinking of selling our pram as our 4 month old just doesn't get on with it. He hates not facing me and I have to put him down the 'wrong' way round so that he can face me and only then will he go to sleep....which isn't ideal at all! I keep persisting with putting him the other way around but after 4 months of persisting there has still been no progress, he just cries and cries...

I like the way the bugaboos allow the baby to face either way and the seat looks really comfy with the baby's bum being a bit lower than their legs, kind of dipped in that 'nesting' position that seems to calm babies down. Problem is of course the price!

Can anyone recommend a good alternative to the bugaboo, eg a pram that shares the same kind of features? Thank you!

I haven't had a really good look at the bugaboo but I'm told my Strider is pretty similar. It comes in a 3 or 4 wheel version and from memory was around $400 (which may have included the bassinette).

I'm pretty happy with it.

yeah iwas going to say the strider as well

We've been looking at the Strider which ppl tell me is similar to the bugaboo but alot cheaper. Here in WA, the baby shops price it at $399 and the bassinet is $139.

hi skye,
    we also have strider 3 which can face either way
    so far we love it and you might not need to buy the basinette since your ds is 4mo
    hth

Thank you guys!! The strider looks perfect - one last question, is it to wide to fit through your usual aisles in shops etc? I've heard the 4 wheeler is quite wide? Other than that it looks great, thanks so much.

Hi Skye, I have a Strider 4 & although sometimes you need to get the angle 'just right' when negotiating doorways etc, it fits down normal shop ailes pretty easily... wouldn't take it into a china shop or something though!

Hi Skye - shop aisles are fine but supermarket checkouts can be a prob. But most stores these days have wheelchair accessible checkouts so choose the ones that have the wheelchair sign.