Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cradle Cap

I think you mix the bicarb soda and water into a paste, apply it on the head and leave it there overnight and wash it off the next day. She overheard me talking to the pharmacy assistant about what I can do and she suggested it. Said it doesn't hurt them and is great cos it is a natural remedy rather than using creams etc...
    I think I will try it tonight and see what happens..I'm thinking it must dry on the scalp and help lift off the dead skin?
    I will let you know!

newmuma07 Guest

My DD had cradle cap for ages until I tried Gaia Natural Baby Shampoo. It can be bought from Coles or from the Pure Natural Organic Skincare | Natural baby products and organic men body products made with certified organic ingredients.
    Sophia's cradle cap dissapeared with in a few days!!! I hope this helps you!

leesha, I've read on here of a few girls using the moogoo products for cradle cap. I'm going to get some in the next couple of weeks and try it out too. The have some great reviews on their website if you google for it

Nic

thanks for that nic...i will google it now and hav a look!!!!
    I'm looking for natural based products!!!

We use the MooGoo Infant Scalp Cream, it's excellent! DS's cradle cap cleared up in under a week.

SG
    xo

Egocappol - now called Ego cradle cap I think, is a good product. Avail from your pharmacy. It is olive oil and salicylic acid. Leave on overnight then brush with soft baby hairbrush in the morning and shampoo off. The salicylic acid helps "dissolve" the hard scales but is gentle enough for bub.

Sorbolene cream!

Yep, MooGoo is the best from my experience of having cradle cap with my 3 kids. The MooGoo site has lots of info. One reason their product is so effective is because they add anti-fungal (natural) ingredients like lavender oil. Other treatments like bicarb are effective at removing the scales but not stopping it from returning. If you regularly apply the delicious smelling MooGoo Infant Scalp cream it will keep it away. I'm sounding like an advertisement now! But honestly, it's a great product. Their online delivery service is fantastic! Very fast and reliable and they usually throw in a freebie sample product for you to try as well! Good luck with it all

Wow it sounds like moogoo is the way to go!! I just checked out the website and it sounds great!
    Anything natural based is the best thing we could use. Think I will purchase the Infant Scalp cream and the shampoo and see if it makes a difference!! DS's cradle cap is driving me nuts!!!

I tried to use the olive oil and the bicarb but DD had so much hair I found it really hard to get it on to her scalp!! In the end I just left it as you couldn't see it through her hair anyway and it cleared up by itself.

If the next one gets it I think I will try the Moogoo stuff - it sounds good.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

There was another thread about cradle cap that I was looking for to post a link but I couldn't find it.

I use baby oil after every bath. When it was really bad I would use a baby brush and gently brush in circles around the head to help lift it.

SugarDust Guest

Bath you are a walking Billboard for Moogoo aren't you!

I use to just wash and dry the boys scalps as best i could thats all i can remember doing!

I bought the ego brand, but on the side of the box it said it might cause some hair to fall out. This totally turned me off!
    Tried Moogoo, worked within days, causing bub no grief.
    I am now a moogoo fan.

The infant scalp care cream is the only moogoo product I haven't tried!!!!

What did work for us was the body shop coco body scrub - it has walnut shells in it - I'd rub that into his head and rinse it off. The sorbelene, bicarb, lemon juice, bepanthan, olive oil all didn't work.

Ok, so I ordered some moogoo this morning, for those of you who have used it, did you use it twice or once a day? and did you only use it until the cradle cap cleared up or continue with it after?

eta: Bath, I see that you mentioned using it after it's cleared up

Nic

Nic: The MooGoo Infant Scalp cream tub is quite large...and I still have heaps left which i am gradually giving out to friends because my youngest is over it... haven't had a return of it in about 6 months now. I used it for about a week... 1 daily application just before bed each night after his bath. That cured it for about 4/5 months I think... then I used it again for the same period (maybe less as the outbreak wasn't as bad). And that's about it. I might have put a tiny bit on when I thought I saw the tiniest area of orange (also because I like the smell of it). But now I don't need it at all. I probably didn't need to use it for more than a few days that first time... i just liked the smell of it and kept using it "just incase" it returned.

Thanks Bath

Nic

I ordered the moogoo too so hopefully will be here in a couple of days and I will keep regular updates on here to let you all know how it works!!!
    I am a bit excited at the possibility of getting rid of this cradle cap..it looks and feels awfull!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast