Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Speaking of vaccinations...

Mellie - I'll keep your special boy in my prayers.

I wanted to ask those who have not immunised is one of the reasons you have chosen not to do it because the disease that they immunise against are generallly not life threatening - like for example measles and chicken pox? And that if your child does happen to come into contact with the disease that they will recover from having it.

Obviously some diseases are more severe than others but it was just something I was thinking of as I was reading this thread. I must plead ignorance with this subject though so forgive me if I sound a little dense!

no, not really for us, princess, except with the hep b and chicken pox. It was maybe a small part, but the complications of meases and mumps can be devastating. I would say its more about the actual contents of the vaccine for us.

partly for me, plus it is not a lifelong immunity that is given through vaccines. i really don't believe that a disease can kill my fully breastfed, organically fed, housed, sanitised, well educated family and i believe, being a paediatric nurse, that i would see signs of complications well before they became life threatening. i believe the contents of the vax's to be poisonous and something i don't want in my kid's bodys.

I dont want any poisons in my darlings bodies either. We have natural defense mechanisms in our bodies that I believe vaccinations bypass. I try and keep everything as natural as possible and I want to keep it that way.

Jo

The bit I hate most about vaccinations is that virtually straight after birth they put you on the spot about hepB and they give you very little information. Not only that, your exhausted, baby is screaming, midwives/nurses are all running around stressed like chickens with their heads cut off and your suppossed to make an informed decision right then and there?
    I want to prenatal classes, why didn't they help me make an informed decision there?

Anyway I had a son a decade prior, no internet then so your pretty much just at the mercy of what they choose to tell you, he had all his vaccs and was fine I never thought twice about it once, so when the nurse asked I said something on the lines of "whatever you think is best, you're more expericed with giving vacs to babies then I"

I fully regret that.

Anyway I then had her 2 month ones done, she reacted a bit and I felt that she was sensitive to it but of course they tell you its normal and temporary, felt uneasy when her 4 months were coming up and I started to hesitate but did it anyway because I was too scared to trust my judgement. Maya reacted even more this time around, I continued researching it and then finally decided no more.

Despite my decision I still felt nervous about it at times, especially if we are out and I hear a child with a really serious sounding cough. But I now feel a little bit better about my decision although sometimes I wonder if stopping when I did was soon enough.

Mayas father has 2 brothers and a sister, his sister has no children yet and his brothers have 2 each. Both brothers now have a son each who has since been diagnosed with a form of autism.

Natalie - do you mind saying how old was Layla when she had the vaccinations that lead to her hospitalisation?

With regard to MMR, I asked the nurse during our recent first vaccinations (2mth) if the 12 mth MMR vaccination can be given seperately. She said no, not in Australia. Does anyone know if this is in fact correct?

Claire had the hep B at birth at the usual ones at 2 months. I was given a pamphlet at one of my antenatal appointments about the Hep B and I had to sign a form at my next appointment to say whether or not she would have the vaccine at birth. We have decided to have Claires other immunisations done too. I'm not sure about the chicken pox one though. I might give it a miss and I am still undecided on the MMR ones. Will definately get the Meningococcal one - to me the disease is too scary to not get the shot. Polio immunisation she will also get. I remember there was a girl at my school who had polio. Although I have been told there have been no new cases of polio diagnised in Aus since 1978, it still freaks me out a little. And Tetanus too. I cant think of any others off the top of my ead right now

Interesting about the natural life cycle of diseases - I never knew/thought about that... very interesing!
    I always just thought that the immunisaed kids provided protection for non-immunised kids.. to some degree at least. wow theres so much I dont know about this stuff!

With the MMR vaccine, I asked my GP about it and what his opinion/knowledge of it is in relation to its link with Autism and he tells me there is not an actual proven link, but that people like to blame the vaccine for their child having Autism because the "symptoms" of autism manifest around 12-15 mths of age, which is around the same time people get their MMR immunisations. I would be interested to find some unbiased info on this so I can do my own research, but I am yet to find any books or websites that don't try to convince either way, iykwim. At the moment I am neither for or against it. Still gathering info.

Natalie mentioned that Layla had an oral dose of the polio vaccine - my GP told me he does this one by injection. Has it changed in the last few years or do some doctors just do it differently? just curious is all.
    Last edited by Karina; June 10th, 2007 at 12:42 AM.

Here are some of the ingredients used in vaccines. These are cosidered poisons by health authorities. We inject some of them into our babies at birth. There is no arguing with the fact that immunisation contains poison. Most of these substances are toxic.

aluminum hydroxide
    aluminum phosphate
    ammonium sulfate
    amphotericin B
    animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
    dog kidney, monkey kidney,
    chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
    calf (bovine) serum
    betapropiolactone
    fetal bovine serum
    formaldehyde
    formalin
    gelatin
    glycerol
    human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
    hydrolized gelatin
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    neomycin
    neomycin sulfate
    phenol red indicator
    phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    potassium diphosphate
    potassium monophosphate
    polymyxin B
    polysorbate 20
    polysorbate 80
    porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein
    residual MRC5 proteins
    sorbitol
    sucrose
    tri(n)butylphosphate,
    VERO cells, a continuous line of monkey kidney cells
    washed sheep red blood cells

Every parent has the right to make the decision on whats best for their child. At least let it be an informed one.

Jac Layla was 6 months old hun.

Jac, it is possible to order the vaccination from OS to be given seperately. You will need a Dr or maybe a pharmacy to order them for you.
    My sister manages a pharmacy. I could ask her to find out for me but she's prettty busy so she might forget.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

hello... what an interesting thread, I was on BB to post a question, however I will post it her as well:

I have a friend who would like to give her child the MMR seperately, does anyone know anyone in Sydney who gives these vac's seperately? She is also willing to fly anywhere in the country to get this?
    thanks for your help girls!

hi yup you can give them separetly but you will have to import them, usually from the UK, and get a sympathetic dr to administer/organise this.
    beckles

Just thought I'd pop in to let you know what I decided...so far

I still haven't immunised River, mostly because I'm wary of what the vaccinations contain. I don't want to inject him with ingredients I don't fully understand.
    I've found it impossible to find information that isn't propaganda or scare-tactics, so it's slow going trying to sort the fact from the bias.
    I do feel a little bad that I'm not contributing to the 'greater good' of society's health.
    I'm very motivated to breastfeed at least til 12months, if not longer because I know my antibodies help River's immune system.

So yeah, that's where I'm at, so far, but I'm constantly trying to learn more in case I do decide to immunise River in some way.

kerry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    I've found it impossible to find information that isn't propaganda or scare-tactics, so it's slow going trying to sort the fact from the bias.
    I fully agree. I started looking into the whole to immunise or not to immunise debate prior to even having a partner to get pg with. In the end I went with my gut and the personal info from my life that I felt significant.

Basically my immune system is almost non existent so even if I were to bf over a prolonged period there wouldn't be the anti-body benefits that most mothers can offer. Secondly, had I not had immunisations as a child and kept them updated I would have died from whooping cough complications in my early 20's. I buy into the arguement that the immunised diseases are in decline due to immunisation rates not just changes to the standard of living.

I do not debunk the links between autism and immunisation. In fact it was one of my biggest fears, especially as DD's brother has Aspergers. I have felt sick with fear for 72 hours after ever single vaccination my DD has had.

Currently she is 18 1/2 mths and I have not given her the chickenpox vaccination. I am not sure I will. It definately wont be for quite a few weeks as she is unwell and I want her completely well before any vaccinations.

Basically I got my DD vaccinated for "my" peace of mind. For me that seemed the safest option.

I've found a book called "raising a vaccine free child" by Wendy Lydall to be really interesting, helpful and useful as it also discusses the do's and don'ts for dealing with a child that had a childhood illness.
    Last edited by luscious Laura; August 1st, 2007 at 08:42 PM.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Just thought I would add the latest BellyBelly article to this thread

10 Reasons Why Parents Choose Not To Vaccinate
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Ellibam Guest

not sure if any one has mentioned it but i have recently found that you can have/get homeopathic immunisations that are much'safer' and also no jabs
    We are still deciding what to do with arquenes

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yup I know a few people that homeopathically vaccinate. You can buy kits online, just google it
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

OMGAWDDDDDD IS THIS STUFF REALLY IN THE VAX'S????

aluminum hydroxide
    aluminum phosphate
    ammonium sulfate
    amphotericin B
    animal tissues: pig blood, horse blood, rabbit brain,
    dog kidney, monkey kidney,
    chick embryo, chicken egg, duck egg
    calf (bovine) serum
    betapropiolactone
    fetal bovine serum
    formaldehyde
    formalin
    gelatin
    glycerol
    human diploid cells (originating from human aborted fetal tissue)
    hydrolized gelatin
    monosodium glutamate (MSG)
    neomycin
    neomycin sulfate
    phenol red indicator
    phenoxyethanol (antifreeze)
    potassium diphosphate
    potassium monophosphate
    polymyxin B
    polysorbate 20
    polysorbate 80
    porcine (pig) pancreatic hydrolysate of casein