Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Loula's Little Man Is Here!

Oh hun......I have been stalking for news.....was hoping it would be better.....Prayers for a quick recovery for little William.

And yes it sounds like some butts need some serious kicking up there......that is not good at all not to see a paed all day...wrong wrong wrong on all accounts that is......

You take care and try to rest up and recover from your c section.....William is going to need his mummy to be firing on all cylinders when he gets home...

ditto what Lulu said...if you need anything at all don't hesitate to yell out...we are here for you and I am only 20 minutes away if you need someone to debrief with.

and EAT Lou, EAT.

Is your mum still there?

Congratulations Loula.

Yep mum still here it was her that picked up william's breathing problems and lack of response. He has been in special care all day with not one pead looking at him. He was starting to get too tired to breath for himself so now in NICU on cpap and iv's cause he has been left exausaed and no energy to go on. I'm so scared here alone with only my tears

I wish I was closer by so I could come and hold your hand.

is someone coming to look at him tonight?

Stay close and talk to him honey, he has had a long path to be by your side....even crap mummy singing with no tune is everything he needs to hear.

Let him know Lulu needs to chubby his cheeks so hold on, I'll even let him grab handfuls of hair and pull it as hard as he wants.

Go William, Go William!

Thanks girls. I can't stop crying monash NICU is amazing unlike Jessie Mac special care where the mw just laughed at me when I asked a question about his breathing and they didn't take my expressed milk and gave him 30 ml+ of formula I haven't even held my baby for longer than an hour then he needed to be taken. Why now when we have fought do hard does our little man have to struggle

What tha? I want to punch that midwife.

Your little man is a fighter. He's going to be ok.

Loula So sorry you are going through this now!
    Sending all my love William's way xo

I guess 2 hrs sleep for me is a start. I can hear the other babies cry but have yet to hear my own little ones as he is still too weak. Time to express again. At least I am able to do that well. But William is only allow fluid from a medi tube all synthic. Will he take my milk again?

My throat is still sore from the general and a reminder I never saw him enter the world. Is any of this real?

Oh sweetie hang in there. I'm so sorry you are having to go through this and yes with time I'm sure he will take your milk when he is able to. Well done you on expressing for your wee William it will be so worth it & good for him.
    If you need to chat about his birth I'm sure there are others on BB who can share how they coped with delivery under a GA. As you said you fully dilated yourself beforehand & experienced those sensations of birth which are very real.
    Sending you lots of love & support,

xx DW

Oh, huge hugs Loula . Please know I'm praying for your little man (and you) today.

Thinking of you Loula, and your little man. He is a fighter like his mummy - and now that he is getting the care he deserves, will start to thrive.

You are in my thoughts always - i'm only a text message away if you need to vent/talk/whatever

love to you
    BG

Oh Lou, I am so sorry you are going through this. How amazing are you though to be expressing so he can get that milk when he is a little stronger, he is going to be so much healthier for it.

I wish I was closer to do something concrete but I am sending you every ounce of strength I have and praying with all my heart that he is in your arms quickly.

Lou, sorry to hear things are not going 100% with William. Sending you both much love and positive strength. Hang in there. He will be in your arms soon. Know that every drop of your liquid gold is doing him the world of good, and that is the best thing you can do for him atm... Stay strong, and know we are all here holding you up. xo

Update. Still no real improvements. Last blood test at 2.45 am showed that he will still be on high dose iv antibiotics for at least another 48 hrs as there is no change. And the pead at Jessie Mac said there was nothing wrong without looking at him. Of course this child was dumped on him!

Lou - firstly, congratulations on the birth of your amazing little boy.

Secondly - I am so incredibly furious at reading what's gone on with the care your boy is receiving! I had to sign a form to allow the hospital to give formula to my son. Without it, no matter how much they thought he might need it, it would have had to be a glucose drip.

Finally - keep expressing! I've heard of many, many bubs who go through NICU and SCN on drips and formula and all the rest who have gone on the breastfeed fine with no problems at all.

Hang in there! I really hope little William is well again soon.

BW

Lou I'm so sorry you have had to deal with such incompetence I'm in tears here reading what has happened and I can't imagine how you are feeling right now.

Love and strength to you and Sim and all the get well vibes I can muster for William

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast