Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Loula's Little Man Is Here!

lou hun im heartbroken to read you little man isnt well, i will be thinking of you today and hope you get to hold him again very soon, sending you lots of love xxxxxx

Loula - that is absolutely horrible - and what a horrid thing to say to anyone let alone the mother. I hope William is doing better today and that both of you start getting the care you deserve and need.

Hope your ob is able to step in and give the pead a big wrap over the knuckles. There seems to be a lot of babies with unexplained fevers atm, there are three others in the scn with us as well. Keep expressing so your milk comes in, it will make a big difference and see if they will let you check his temp and change nappies so you have some contact.

Big hugs hun! I'm so sorry to hear little William is in NICU I hope the i/v is working and he is on the mend. Keep expressing and I'm sure he will be able to take your milk soon. Sending you all love and strength xxx

First up, Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful boy, Im so sorry to read what youve both been going through, sending you so much love and all the strength, energy and wellness vibes I can muster, will be thinking of you all xxx

Loula, nothing is impossible. you have overcome what at times you may have thought impossible just to get him here, so getting him to BF will be a cinch Just keep expressing that milk, because he is going to need every ounce of it. I'm so sorry that this wasn't the amazing experience that you longed for, but I know that you will have the rest of your lives to make up for it

And don't be afraid to ask for help - I'm sure that there would be loads of BB women who would be able to help you out in a flash, so use them if you need to.

loula - congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful little man.

i am so angry reading of the incompetence & flippant attitude of some of the medical staff you've had to deal with. i hope the monash staff are far better.

i know you don't 'know' me, but i'm only a 15-20 min drive from monash & know it well from having my DS there....if there is anything you need (and that includes a steelcapped toe to connect with any bums that need it), please let me know.

hang in there hun, sending you & your DH & little william much strength & love

My lovely friend..

I really do share your tears. To be treated like you were leaves me without words.

I am so sorry William is struggling. Keep the faith girl...he's going to be ok..remember what stock he comes from!!!

My mind and thoughts have constantly been with you since I read your comment on FB.

Hang in there and as hard as it is...you have to keep yourself in good shape for your milk and William. So eat all your meals even if you're not hungry and sleep whenever you can.

xxxx

Update. He will now stay at monash as he has started to improve with breathing. He is just about to have a lumber puncture and sent for more test. He looks so big in there. I got to bf and he was a machine. I will go back to do the other side later. It's a different world there they are truly wonderful caring staff there at the newborn unit. He still has a long way to go and may be in for up to two weeks after me.

soooo glad to hear hes doing better and you were able to breastfeed! he sounds like hes in good hands

hope he's home with you very soon Loula. You've been through so much

I have found that hospital excellent when children are very sick.

Great news that you were able to feed him and he feed so well. Nothing like a cuddle of your newborn to make life just that little bit better.

I am so, so happy to read your latest update...that is great progress, and you have already been an amazing mummy - protecting and looking after your dear son like you have.

I can't stop thinking about what I'd like to say to that pediatrician - he should have his license taken away if that's how he feels about babies put under his care.

Please continue to keep us updated.

Wonderful news that he has fed Lou I hope the tests go well and he keeps improving

I'm so glad to hear he's being cared for better now.
    Congratulations on your first feed! Way to go mummy.
    Please be well soon William

That is such great news Loula. I have been thinking of you. Like you I had a c/s under GA for foetal distress and then DD was in SICU for 3 days. So I did not see her for 18 hours after she was born. But she also was a champion breastfeeder so while I hardly got to hold her for the first 3 days, each time she fed it was really great. I am thinking of you as I know how horrible it is to watch that helpless little babe and not being able to touch them.

Thank goodness you are being treated better and you sound so much more positive and happy. Glad you got to snuggle and bf.
    to you and the whole family too, and especially William

I'm sorry to hear that he'll be in there for a bit Lou, but it's great that he's improving (is he off CPAP now?), and that he's breastfeeding like a champ I know how important that is to you, keep up the good work! Ask for them to let you have as many cuddles as he can tolerate. The staff at Monash sound wonderful though, so I'm sure they're doing everything they can.

my friend

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast