Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Loula's Little Man Is Here!

That is such a positive step that he is breastfeeding! And wonderful news that his breathing is better too

Still waiting on results. Was left again today for 12 hrs without help expressing and he was not strong enough to feed and sleep the whole time the staff are encouraging in nicu. But not where I am. Apparently it was mw tea break so she couldn't help me express and no one else was around as they were not my charge? So I just got given a pot and left for the 12 hrs.

I'm now bringing in my pump from home tomorrow. Will needs to stay in nicu for the next 5 to 7 days on drips and I leave Monday. So sad.

Oh and I think living on two hrs sleep in two days maybe what is effecting my supply so will try to rest now

Hugs Lou
    I hope you get some rest and the staff start taking care of you properly.

Hun, I've had telstra issues since our phone conversation this morning & my phone hasnt been working

All sorted now, & just going to get bubba sorted & i'll give you a call xxxx

on the breastfeed!!!!!!
    Well done little man

More hugs Loula . You are doing a wonderful job despite the lack of mw help . If you find you need a double electric pump (not sure what type you have), please let me know. I have an Ameda double electric breast pump I am more than happy to lend you while you are building up your supply. It is much quicker than a single pump. Just PM me if you need it .

Oh darling. Your milk won't have even come in yet, please don't fret. Feeding/expressing frequently is very important in helping it to come in, especially after a c/s, but you're nowhere near worrying stage yet. Just keep on expressing (hand is very effective before milk comes in, if someone can show you how to do this. Jan? Rach? if no midwives available) and before you know it your milk will be here. What you are producing now, although it may seem so little, is like liquid gold. Every drop will aid Will in his recovery. Allowing him to have breast contact is great, given that he's not well he may not be strong enough to feed effectively at the moment, but that's okay, that's where your expressing is important. Depending on what you've got at home, PLEASE take Trish up on her offer of a double pump, it will make your life SO much easier. I'm happy to organise to drop it at your place (or bring it in, but I know you don't want visitors right now) if that helps.

But rest is so important for many other reasons, as you know, so try to sleep AMAP inbetween expressing sessions. I know it's very hard when your baby isn't with you you feel very torn.

Here for you Lou, Andy sends his love, he especially wanted me to tell you that xoxo

Hun I am so sorry you seem to be getting the run around from the midwives on the ward....that just sucks.......I found you have to be really proactive and assertive with them and keep nagging for things/service. Like you I was also left alone for most of the time...It's almost like they don't know what to do with you when you don't have your bubba with you. Try asking for Ellyce hun...she is the main lactation consultant on the ward is really really lovely...she helped me lots.

It sounds like he is getting the care and attention he needs now. That's great that he had a breastfeed and did really well.

Not so good for you though, wish I could help with the expressing, i have had to remember it all very quickly. it sounds like they need a lesson in patient care.

Congratulations hunni on the birth of you beautiful little man William!!! So over the moon I am for you!!!! Big hugs sweetie, enjoy your precious little bundle

Loula, firstly my heartfelt congratulations on the birth of your baby boy - what an amazing day that must have been for you and DH!!

I am so sorry to hear he is not well. I will keep him in my prayers and hope he is well enough to go home to his amazing mummy and daddy as soon as possible. Hang in there honey, you've come sooooo far.

Loula I'm sorry to hear that William is having some difficulties and that you've been treated so poorly, its just not right hun. It sounds like he's improving though which is great, but trust me, I know how hard it is - we're on the NICU journey right now. But put your foot down and get some help from the staff - if the midwives won't listen in my experience the NICU nurses will, so talk to them and get them to arrange some more help for you. Keep expressing! And ask for as many skin to skin cuddles as you can, it will all help with your supply. And congratulations on your first breastfeed too. You're doing an amazing job but your rest is so so important right now. Take the local girls up on any offers to help. I wish I was closer. Good luck and I hope little Will improves every day. You'll have him home soon.

Thank you everyone. It has been a long day. William is now off cpap but will need to remain in till at least Thursday. He is still in the top bay which is so strange to see as he is huge compared with all the small premmies he is such a boof today he came out of the crib and the staff are amazing in the NICU nothing like where we have been in SCN. We are encouraged to touch, feed, change nappirs where as before staff were not communication anything to us. I have four mw in our family. Two have come over to help and they were disgusted. One change my bed linin for the first time today since I was admitted. Yesterday my mum helped me with my first shower. It seems if your baby is not with you then you don't need staff ???? One then came in and asked me where my baby was? Ummmmm in NICU since your pred didn't take any notice of him and he needed assistance to breath with a machine!!!! The peads and all staff are amazing where he is cared for now. I can put up with the crap I'm getting now that I I believe he is safe.

I will need to go home without him which I am avoiding to think of right now.

Tonight is about is all getting well needed rest. He fed again this evening and was wide awake for the first time for both mummy and daddy it was a very special time. I hate leaving him and feel more relaxed in NICU than on my ward

I know he's not going to be with you when you go home but being at home might be better for you instead of being stuck on a mat ward without him ITMS? Soon your milk should come in and the pumping will be easier but you are doing a wonderful job so far, you really are. Maybe once you are home it might be a good idea to get an LC to help you with the feeding as well.

Oh Loula Lots of love to you and your little man. Get strong soon William xo

As hard as it will be to go home without him being in a loving environment and your own bed will give you more strength to get through it.

It has just hit me. I am an absolute wreak! I'm starting to have a panic attack I'm here alone my dh is not here my mum is not here I can't go home my baby is not with me I am stressed worried and not in any control. I've had no sleep and feel no need to sleep

Deep breath. Deep breath. Drugs are playing with my mind

Hang in there Loula, you are doing such an amazing job so far.
    And you are in control - of making sure they do everything possible for your little man, and you are doing a damn fine job of it so far. So keep calm hun and rest, you need it. xox

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast