Thread: Begining to Freak out!!!

Red face Begining to Freak out!!!

Well 25 weeks now and gosh time is ticking like half pace.... this pregnancy is taking forever....

Been watching these great pregnancy and birth shows on foxtel.... well thought by watching it would be a good thing but now after watching all the birth/delivery ones i'm left freaked out.... hearing and seeing the pain brought back all the memories from my first. I'm also experiencing bad period like cramps that go from my tummy right round to my back (which was what my labour pains were like) not sure if there BH but still left me freaked out....

I know its silly- especially when i still have like 15 weeks left..... i wasnt at all worried with my first and havent been with this preg until now... how can i reasuure myself and help myself boost my confidence bout going through it again....

Although i'm worried and yeah scared now, i know that once bubs is in my arms the pains are a distant memory. I just want thinks to hurry up and just get it over with.....

With my first after a long pregnancy(44 weeks) and as some would say short labour (4 hours, but still horrifically painful and terrifying) as soon as bubs was on my arms i havent really remembered those feelings and pains until now...

Is it normal with the second to feel like this???

Yes it is normal! I had a very long traumatic first birth and it was a long time before I wanted to go through it again!! I found what made me calm down with my second pregnancy was to arm myself with lots and lots of info about how my body works in labour and how to relax to make it a positive experience.

A thread I found really really helpful is here: http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=45345 Have a read through it, I found it very empowering. I practiced the relaxation techniques described while still pregnant and it helped me feel calm and confident about my big day.

I ended up having an awesome experience the second time around, I actually loved the whole experience and look back on it in amazement instead of fear.

Know that your body is designed to birth your baby, work with your body and you can do it!!

Best of luck

I was a little worried about my second after my first was quite frightening! I was in labour by myself and when I finally had my DS I bled too much and needed the doctor to remove my clot (BY HAND!!!) haha not very comfortable at all!

The second time was so much better- a lot of people said that it gets easier to push out babies the second time around although the pain is still the same! My second labour was only 3 hours and pushed for like a few minutes and she was born! Just listen to your midwife when they tell you to do something hehe. I didn't listen enough with my first and he was stuck in there for a while until I pushed properly

It will be fine!

hey hon don't be too scared.

with every horror story there is equally as many fantastic ones.
    i got the horror story and a c/sect. BUT my SIL both her babies took less than 2 hours start to finish.
    My cousin was only 6 hours no tairing or anything.
    my best mate was only 4 hours with nothing bad happening.

you know whats going to happen so your not in the dark.
    Just keep thinking of that beautiful baby you will have.

good luck....

Hey Jess

it sounds like you need to address your fears surrounding your previous and upcoming birth

birth is certainly intense and overwhelming, but working with your body and going on the ride of labor, makes the journey an enjoyable one

perhaps write down your last birth experience, be really honest how you felt, and then take the time to write down the beginnings of how you want this birth to go (birth plan as such) and how you can get there

relaxation, yoga, hypnosis, naturopathy, relfexology, acupuncture, massage

surround yourself with positive thoughts and images

you will do beautifully

xx

Thanks so much everyone....

your inspiring words and advice really helps...

I'm not sure what i'm exactly scared of, wether its the pain, the not knowing when it could really happen, etc... i know that in the end i'll have my beautiful baby and thats the important thing, and if it were in fact that bad women wouldnt go through it over and over again...

Just when i watched the doco's and saw and heard others going through what i will soon be going through and having memories of my first it made me think OMG can i do that again....
    I think when your a first timer your told what to expect and even when you watch birthing video's etc you cant really associate what the women is going through to any thing you have been through....

Now i know whats comming it scares me. But i'm not sure if its the pain, the experience or really still not knowing what/how things will happen and work out.... after all labour isnt a routine thing- everyones is different.

Thanks for the tips and i'm off to read the thread now...

Thanks again

The best thing about Labour is that you can't chicken out Once you start, there's no changing your mind hehe. Your body tells you what's going on and the second time around I found that I actually listened to it more and she came out a breeze