Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Birth Bouncer - new career for Lulu?!!

Talking Birth Bouncer - new career for Lulu?!!

After reading with (utter disbelief) the stories of family, IL's and friends attitude regarding their "rights" to attend births or hospitals, I am considering a career as a BIRTH BOUNCER.

Yep, I am fully prepared to stand at the door of the delivery room for you, duct tape your MIL to her kitchen chair or disable your BILs car so they do not bother my BB friends whilst they deliver their bubs in peace.

I am so irritated that I will probably do it pro bono.

Special or unusual requests will be my specialty.......What do you think?

That's a great idea Lulu. I haven't had that trouble myself - my family didn't come close - but I've read the stories too, and wondered "who the heck do these people think they ARE?!" If you weren't there when the baby was conceived, and you're not a midwife, and you weren't invited - DON'T COME!!!

Do you get a uniform? What will you be armed with?

Love it!!!!!! Oh, and I think an electrified cattle prod and a massive high pressure fire hose would be appropriate for the job

So... How's August for you?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I could have done with your services Lulu, though I did manage to stop my family from turning up.Would have been a lot less stressful having my very own bouncer though!

Oooh I could imagine them coming off second best after a dose of Lulu

I suppose you could stand at the door in scrubs and examination gloves and just snap your glove suggestively at anyone who comes close. Enter if you dare.

I could have done with you at my first birth and my SIL too.
    Would you believe MIL and SIL's MIL burst into her room together within 5 minutes of her baby being born and pulled her daughter out of her arms while she was trying to get her first cuddles and played tug of war with her!!!!
    Then when I was in labour with Yasin she tried to push her way into the labour suite with food!! I kid you not!! Why the crazy ***** thought that anyone would want a pot of oily Afghan food while they're trying to push a baby out is beyond me Luckily I had midwife bouncers but then she wouldn't leave until she had spoken with DH and given him the dreadful food so he had to leave me on my own to go and humour his mother. And then he wonders why I can't stand her
    I crippled her at the second birth by making her babysit lol but if I ever have a surprise I might need to call on you. I give you my blessing to use excessive force...

morgan78 Guest

Can i use your services for birthdays & christmas as well

lmao!

PMSL... lulu you're a crack!
    Love it!

Ok - here's a list of services you can choose from.

For the passive/agressive I will stand at the maternity ward door in classic Door Biatch style. This includes a velvet rope, clipboard list sans their name. They will be given ONE chance to respond appropriately before I open a can of whoopass.

For those who believe you have no idea and should take all the drugs available I will appear in scrubs and a mask and assure them you ARE taking all the drugs and yes you are having a terrible time and are on your way to theatre right now.

I will give these people a list of other things they can do to "help" ie - go and tidy your house, make you a meal etc etc etc etc.

For those you think will not respond to the above

SAS style. I will disable their cars and/or prevent them from leaving their home or place of work using whatever means I feel is necesarry - duct tape is my personal favourite. Then subject them to a long lecture on "What We Can Do To Properly Support a New Mother". It will be totally up to you when they are released, either one day or one week.

Please note there will be a charge for this service as I will need to keep Divvy on retainer.

If you have something else you would like me to do, please let me know. Cattle prods and capsicum spray ARE available on request.

thanks for making my day Lulu !

OMG Dach I think you need the full range of services that Lulu offers if you are in the need again! Oh and you might want to go with the capsicum spray option too

LMAO Yes I needed you for the birth of my DD, my MIL was a major pita!! She tired to get into the birthing room with her video camera, and then spent two whole days with me after the birth (yes even during non visiting hrs) while we were trying to recover and I was trying to establish breastfeeding. Next time I'll be calling you Lulu!!!

I love it LOVE IT!!! Gold you are lulu (in a yoda voice!)

oooh a velvet rope aaand a list!! That's powerful stuff!!!
    I think I'll go for the duct tape and capsicum spray - even if the rope and list works

Yes, Dach I find find most morons will respond to a clipboard and a list....dunno why.

You are a legend!!! ooh ooh I can supply capsicum spray and hancuffs (no key though DH lost mine and his).

Where can I book you????????

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

PMSL yeah you'll rack up a great legal bill with that one but I LOVE it LOL! Don't we love being illegal deviots on BB
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast