Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraction length - strange contractions

Ryn, goodluck hun. Hopefully all of this pre labour means a quicker labour for you

OMG Ryn are you really due

How are all your pre labour signs?

My prelabour went on for 12 days i constantly got contractions from anywhere between every 5 - 40 minutes 24/7 and STRONG painfull ones, I had very little sleep so in the end I had no energy left when I need it so needed assistance to get Adrian out I was totally exhausted. Hopefully yours isn`t this bad.

Good Luck.

Well, I'm still here... and not worried. The pain isn't at all bad now I'm used to it (I'm glad it didn't come on all at once though) and things are slowly progressing.

It's actually a relief to know this can last a long time now, I was worrying that I'm harming the baby. Or rather, my mother told me I was and I should go to hospital and have my waters broken to "help". I did try to explain about the intervention cascade that happens, but she refuses to believe it. (Even though with me she had her waters broken, needed pethidine and forceps, with my sister no induction and only gas and air in labour, no other intervention needed.)

I am having huge energy spurts and only waking at night a few times now (and can nap if I need to), but I want to go jogging a lot. Which is great as I can still do that!

Keep wlaking, etc (or jogging if you can) as it's great to keep moving!!!!

I love to walk & move when in labour!!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Sleep lots too! If you have a long early labour you will be buggered quicker
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

OK, this is the latest update on what's happening (I'm documenting everything for my pregnancy diary):

Uh-oh, things are starting to feel weird at about the 12.30 mark. Like Liebling is flexing the back, but more wobbly. Liebling is very heavy on my bladder, cervix and left leg nerves (Iíve been in a bit of pain with this for a couple of weeks, but itís getting worse now) and it hurts. It hurts the most when Liebling goes mad at the start of a contraction, but the full on contraction isnít so bad. Typical though, DH is going to the car garage at 12.30 to get rid of the car.

Oooh, my fingers are a bit wobbly and something feels odd down below. Iíve just been to the loo and cleared everything out, wonder if that was a sign too? I do not like these rootling feelings from Liebling between contractions, nor do I like the fact my bum seems to be involved in this. Like my colon is some sort of bouncy castle. So glad Iím heading out in an hour to see the midwife now. Iíll have to let DH know when Iíve seen the midwife, donít want to scare him again. On the other hand, Iíll just check to see if heís sold the car. Well, heís out so I donít know... midwife soon! Just keep telling myself that. I have a slight temperature and am shaking, plus I feel myself getting hysterical and, oddly enough, dissociated from myself. I can feel the emotions and the aches and pains (in my right leg now too) but have dissociated, itís like detailing a clinical case for a presentation now.

My back pain, which has been building for over a week so I no longer notice it, but it is very painful, has ceased to be confined to just above my hips (lumbar spine) but has moved up to my shoulder blades too. I feel pain in the femoral neck area when I stand or walk, but a dull ache there normally. My lungs feel a bit over-worked right now. I have a slight headache and temperature. My cervix is bulging with the struggles Liebling is putting up. At least my bum has relaxed now! (It is now 1pm.) Ah, spoke too soon. Liebling is rootling around again (I cannot think of a better description) and this is causing pain in my left knee as well as bladder and cervical area. Good thing Iím going to see a midwife soon! Liebling is a psychic baby to have arranged this for me!

The hysterical feelings are now passing and, aside from the (now, I donít want to say pain, itís more discomfort than pain) odd discomfort feelings (see, thatís wrong too... ah well, can think of something better later) I feel a lot more calm and controlled. I hate hysteria and fear, itís really not what I want right now!

Just called DH and heís just come back from selling the car. Fantastic timing, Liebling. Heís made me promise not to drive (as if I would!) but as I said, probably a false alarm and Liebling wonít be out for ages yet. I canít believe that just 3 hours ago I was discussing the chemistry of a fish tank with my husband via e-mail and now this! Not that ďthisĒ is anything, you understand, just that itís something. DH wants me to see the midwife first, which I will do, and to not get excited. Iím not excited, Iím just... hysterical? Yes, that would sound about right.

OK, this is starting to be a bit painful on the old femoral-hip joint. Left one. Things just feel a bit squeezed down here. I best head off to the midwife soon (now 1.15) to get there early. Just another 15 minutes and Iíll have to stop this constant recording. I donít know what Liebling is doing, but it feels like maybe something is going to happen soonish. Hmm, I sort of hope so, but then I sort of would like tomorrow too, mostly because I want DH to have a car!

I am still not convinced this is real, but am going to head out now to see the midwife and just wanted to give all you lovely girls an update.

Oh Ryn GOOD LUCK HUN!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope this is it for you! Come on Liebling!!

Fingers crossed for you Ryn. Come on Liebling!!!

Good luck,sounds like things are moving in the right direction. Looking forward to hearing your news.

Thanks girls. The bad news is that my cervix is still posterior and closed so the baby isn't coming out any time soon. The worse news is that I am still not exactly pain-free (especially not after the attempted sweep, that probably didn't work anyway) and things aren't improving. I'm still over-emotional and I hate it!

Ryn, things can change really quickly when they do decide to move so don't get too depressed about the lack of cervix changes, yet. Sorry to hear about the "sweep" that didn't really happen. Ouch.

Ryn, it will happen soon. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and good luck!!

Aww Ryn, sorry to hear that your appt. didn't go as well as you expected.

I too have a posterior cervix and when my midwife did my sweeps she tried to pull it around to the front during it.

Anyway Ryn, hopefully all of this pre labour means that when it comes to d day it will go quickly for you.

Ryn the day before I was in labour my cervix was closed & posterior... it doesn't mean you are far off!! All this work your body is doing is preparing for labour and as unreassuring (is that a word??) as it is, its true. In labour, I started slow but I went from 4cm-8cm in 2 hours & I reckon thats due to all the prelabour I had

GOODLUCK RYN!!!!!!

Sending you lots of positive birthing vibes!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Best wishes Ryn, I really hope you dont need to be induced!!!

Your doing awesomely.... Labour vibes coming your [email protected]!!!!

Ryn, I'm another that had posterior cervix. Even when my waters broke and I went to the hospital, the midwife tried to pull it forward. Ouchies. I did have Maddy 14 hours later.

Best of luck hon, hope you're pushing out Liebling as we speak!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Get lots of sleep/rest hon, dont go into this exhausted and over it. Play it down and distract yourself as best you can, so its not over before it begins. Sex to ripen the cervix, EPO capsules are good too (inserted) and REST! It's so not long to go now - hang in there and you'll do just great! Things can change in an instant.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast