Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Contraction length - strange contractions

Oh Becka! Tell me about the posterior cervix and the ouchies, lol.

Ryn, Ive been sent home, only to get out of the car and jump back in to return to the hospital just in time.
    Won't be long, darling. Hugs!

Kelly (Might be a silly Question, but what are EPO capsules?)

Evening primrose oil, Tracey

Good luck, Ryn! Hope things get going for you soon.

Thnaks Nagel I was thinking about it & thought could it be evening primroise oil? I used to take that for esczema!!! hee hee

Ryn
    your cervix can move round to the front quite quickly. It could also be shortening and softening even when it is posterior. You have not got too long to wait now.
    A couple of tips for you:-

Eat regular small meals.
    Drink plenty of water. Frequent small sips.
    Lots of walking. But you also need your rest. You are going to be working very hard soon
    Go for a wee every hour, even if you donít really feel like you need to go. This will make sure that your bladder is empty and give more room for your baby to come out

OOOh I think we need to get a sticky of things to do to naturally assist with labour (like stuff we can start a couple of weeks or swo before our EDD's!)

Especially as I am having to plan a trip to bali in between this babies birth & Indah turning 2!

This baby is due on July 23rd, but both girls went exactly 1 week over, so lets say this baby is born around 30th July we need to be in Bali on 28th August! So gives me um 4 wks to organise a passport etc, so anything to assist me in not going over!!! hee hee

OOOH Ryn hope your going great guns!!!

Thank you all so much for your reassurances! I was in such a blue funk yesterday about all of this as the contractions had done "nothing" - whilst this isn't at all painful if it's labour, as it isn't it ruddy kills!

I even attempted to eat a curry last night, that's how upset I was! (I did suggest if Liebling comes today we could call him Logan Josh... DH didn't like that plan.)

However, I did have some bleeding after my sweep, which I believe is normal (phew, I could have freaked out when I saw that in my pants!) and the pains are getting worse and worse, so there is hope yet! At least I didn't feel the need to go to the loo every time I woke up last night in case my waters broke, so that means more sleep for me.

Thanks for all the tips, Alan - I'll be doing my best to follow all of them!

Kelly, thank you, I'll try my best to use an EPO capsule like that, but sex has done nothing whatsoever for my cervix.

ETA: I have an inverted uterus, would that make any difference whatsoever to my cervix position? I completely forgot about that yesterday.

Yay Ryn, things might be beginning!!1 Doesnt it suck the waiting & over analysing!! I hate the last few days.... hee hee But I also LOVE them too!!!

Ryn

An inverted uterus will not make any difference to the position of your cervix.
    Also with the EPO use 3 of them. (put a pad on they can be very messy the next morning)
    Sex can help and if you orgasm as well it can improve the effect

Ryn, I was going to say the same as Alan, use more than one EPO and be sure to pad up, what goes in will come out

Eugh, can't believe I'm considering doing this! I have the 1000mg tablets, do I triple up with these or just double up? - over here there are two doses, 500mg and 1000mg.

Sex and orgasaming hasn't helped so far, but as DH isn't at work tomorrow I'll get him to try that again before I put the tablets in.

Use 3 of them
    you can also take 1 orally

Ryn, just think that it is doing good for your cervix. And any thing that you can do to help is fantastic. Plus it's no where near as tiring as sex.

Alan, most of the midwives and Dr's I have spoken to know nothing of EPO. So glad that you do, and actually reccomend it too.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

There is a big discussion about it on an overseas (think UK) midwifery discussion thread. Try google
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Trish
    I love EPO. It can work really well if your body is ready and will do no harm if your body is not ready. A much better choice than an induction with syntocinon

Oops I'd better add that inductions do have threir place

Alan, I recommend to alot of the girls on here. I used it with my last bub and my cervix was fantastic and soft. Infact Tehya was so low and settled for a couple of weeks before she was born and I was 3 cms dilated before I even went into labour
    Got to love that.

LOL, Alan, my DH is getting all excited about the induction on Monday so he'll be mad if I change my mind about it, even though he was so anti-induction at first. I've been taking EPO orally for about 3-4 weeks as I've not plucked up the courage to stick it inside of me, so I hope that works tonight.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast