thread: feel like im being bullied into having a stretch and sweep-

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Apr 2009
    in the garden
    3,767

    They can't make you have one... but they can certainly put the pressure on, huh?

    I'm with Kaz, I'd give them a call on Monday & see what might happen if you don't turn up - just so you know. Whether or not you do go on Tuesday is entirely up to you. Maybe you'll decide to go and then get gastro like Nai said

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

    Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)
    7,526

    Goodness, when you say birth centre and the doctors, is this a family birth centre, or a general midwifery unit? I would be complaining - I have discussed this with my midwife already and she's said that they go to 42 weeks OK! But that we could expect monitoring to ensure all is OK .. and that's fine with me.

    Stand your grounds! If you & the baby are healthy, then what's their issue?

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    56

    thank you to you all, i will ring on monday and let them know i wont be having it, hopefully baby will come before then, no one should have to put up with this stuff when their about to have a baby.
    And just because they are doctors doesnt mean they are god.

  4. #4
    2014 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Mar 2010
    1,200

    Feeling bullied at this stage of your pregnancy is not how you want to be treated. IT's funny how they think they are helping you not to have a bigger baby, but a few days is not going to make a huge difference... I had to beg to be let go 15 days overdue with my first baby in a birth centre, but I was lucky to find a midwife that was prepared to back up my decision. Perhaps ring and try and find someone you can trust that can help you make a decision that suits you and your family.
    Go well, and enjoy your birth. FIVE babies, wow!

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    56

    i know its all such nonsense isnt it.....i really feel sorry for first timers trusting everything they are told.

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    56

    kasbah

    it is a hospital with a birth centre in it

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Add Kazbah on Facebook Follow Kazbah On Twitter

    Sep 2006
    Dandy Ranges ;)
    7,526

    that's very sad Holly I would expect better from a birth centre.

  8. #8
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Victoria
    7,260

    I would call them back, cancel the appointment, and tell them if they have a problem with it, then you can tell them what they can do with that opinion.
    Your body, and how dare anyone force you to do anything, especially something invasive and unnecessary.

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Aug 2007
    56

    thanks to you all..... the appt is cancelled and is now ante natel appt only tomorrow.......hope i go into labour tonight...thanks for all your help