Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Having a 'feeling' of if you'll be early, ontime or overdue?

With my son I always assumed that i would go a little earlier then my due date. And yep 3 weeks before he was due out he came. With this one I have the same feeling, however, i keep having the feeling that this one will be even earlier. This little bubs also likes to sit very low, and right down in my pelvis, she has come very comfy there and doesn't move up at all. I also had a dream and kept seeing the number 30. Hopefully she wpn't come at 30 weeks, 36-37 weeks is ok but no earlier. Another reason behind my thinking is all my mum's 5 pregnancy's come early, so who knows.

Wink

same i just knew i'd go 2 weeks early and bub came at 37 weeks!!

noone believed me!!

i knew that i was gonna go real early- i had no indication that it was going to happen- but just knew!
    to the stage that at 30 weeks i was telling people that i was going to go any day. On the Thursday i finished work but for no reason that i knew that it would be time, the next day(Friday) had my hair, feet done, final shave and packed my bags. That night i insisted that we finalize names- even though it was 1am in the morning - and the next day (Sat) i went into labour!!!
    i just knew !!!
    odette

I didn't really think about it with DS. He came a week early exactly.
    I'm hoping this one is the same. Lol.

I knew I'd go early right from very early on in the pregnancy - I used to talk to DS inside me telling him that I didn't want to see him anytime before 37weeks - low and behold the cheeky monkey was born 37w 1day

citrus Guest

Late for me! I think the little one will still be hanging in there after 41 weeks, hopefully will start to make movements of it's own accord before I have to get induced.
    Hope it's not early!!!! Have waaay to much to sort out before then, and my mum's not arriving until due date of 17th April so hope little one isn't early!

I wonder for those who didn't already know if they were correct about hunches of the babies sex? sounds like you're all pretty spot on with estimating due dates, I'm very impressed!

I had a feeling that bub would be late and voila he came at 41wks. Still lucky i didnt have to go through the induction schedule. The feeling was quite strong I even packed my hosp bags in the morning when I had my contractions and had a feeling that this is the day LOL. Hope all goes well for you !

wow i find this so facinating... with my first i didnt have a feeling or anything but i thought i'd be Over due... even though i was hoping i'd be early... The hossy didnt believe my due dates and i ended up going to almost 44 weeks.. (bubs skin was peeling, and the doc said my placenta was in a bad way, any longer and bubs could have been in trouble)

This time since bout week 16 i've been dreaming that i'll be early... or like something bad happens and i go into labour... now i've read all of your posts i'm worried maybe its like instinct... Keep thinking bubs will come quite early and have a feeling like i need to get organised quickly...

WOuld be nice to go a little early but just as long as bubs is healthy then i'm not fussed...

I refused to tell anyone my due date while pg - it was 31st Jan, even here I had 3rd of Feb! I knew DS was going to be a Feb baby and I was pretty sure he would be out around the 11th, so I told everyone early Feb. Sure enough, went into labour (naturally, not that anyone believes me) 7am on the 12th and he came out 4.15pm on the 13th. So not too much waiting for me, but loads for DH who was set on a baby coming out 2 weeks earlier than he did!

Must admit, I did think that I'd have a boy on the 11th, if I went into labour and had the baby on the 28th/29th of Jan then she'd be a girl as that was our 6-year-meeting-and-starting-dating anniversaries. I did wonder about the 3rd, but was happy to wait for the 11th.

I had a feeling Jesse would be early all along. He was also always measuring 1 week ahead in size. Low and behold he was 2 days over due!

Me and my ex guessed that she'd come out 3 days before she finally did - and she was born at 38w4d.

Throughout my whole pregnancy I have thought I would go early..... I am now almost 37 weeks pregnant Yipeeeeeee so going very quickly...... I am seeing my ob on Friday for my next check-up and he said because of my gestational diabetes I may need to be induced at 39 weeks, depending on the size of the baby..... I am hoping the bub will come out naturally with no need to be induced. I am ready for him to come out, not scared of the labour at all.......

Shell xx

I have this feeling Jelly's going to come on a Sunday... don't know which Sunday of course.

I dreamt that DD would arrive on the 22 June, her EDD was the 14th and my dream was correct.

This time around I have not had a dream, but as bubs is due at the end of April, I tend to tell people "anytime late April early May". I tend to muck up the months though and say "March/April". I don't know why, but I am really struggling with an April/May date, March/April seems right. I actually hope not, as I don't want to go early. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Hmm- this thread has me thinking now. At first I was convinced I would be 10 days over but my thinking changed for most of the pregnancy... now I've just remembered the 10 day thing and it feels 'right' again. I think I should stop trying to guess

yes, I just *knew* I was going to go over with DS, and I did he was induced at 41+3days

mrs baj Guest

I told everyone that ds was going to be early. I just hadn't planned on him being 2 1/2 weeks early I was thinking more like 1 1/2! This time I think it will be about the same, or a few days earlier. I even told my ob last week that I MIGHT make it to my 37 week appt but I think I'll have bubby about then. He said 'no worries if the babies ready then, then good for you it'll be a little easier' So I'm counting down 6 weeks instead of 9 just have to wait and see though I guess

Ren, just found this....

I've been wondering the same thing....I kept saying earlier in this pg that Bubbles would be early but now I'm at 37wks and not feeling like it's going to happen soon I'm doubting myself! I never really thought about the others, I think I kinda expected to go over but didn't really have a clue. They were right on EDD so I'm praying I don't go over this time.....surely not???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast