Thread: I am trying to deal with it............

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Default I am trying to deal with it............

Well today I received a copy of my hospital notes from the births of both of my sons, and luckily for me they were quite detailed. I have reacted so differently to how I thought I would have though.

I think it is my brain trying to process the confirmation of the details of my first birth.

I know that I had a relatively straight forward birth compared with what some of you lovely ladies have been through, but even after giving birth for a 2nd time and having a truly wonderful experience, it can still bring me tears..........

I am actually pretty impressed with the level of detail and observations recorded by the midwives, and I think this is why I am having such intense feelings.

It was still a very very well spent $35 . I do not regret getting them, but I am going to take a while to absorb the details. There are also a few acronyms that I am going to do some research on for more details.

I just needed to vent, thanks for listening

chelleg Guest

Just letting you know that i could probably help you out with interpretation if you need it

Chelleg - That would be fantastic if ylu could help me. I would really appreciate it. Would it be better if I emailed you directly? Thanks again Relle

chelleg Guest

No worries! You can email me if you prefer [email protected]

Thanks so much! I have sent you a test email!

Awww, Relle you poor thing, I hope you find peace with it all soon.
    Just wondering how you go about getting hospital records? I think I would be interested in looking over my notes too, to see if I can piece some things together. I am sure you know what i mean!
    I am thinking of getting my doc to get them for me? He would be able to I imagine.
    Thanks Matey.

Hey Babe!

I will find piece with it! It is just another step and I feel like I am coming to the end of this journey thank goodness.

I have actually found it remarkably easy to get the notes (Don't know if that is because of the hospital or not!) I rang them up and asked how to go about it, they sent a form out to me on which I had to detail what information I was after. I wrote that I wanted all of my notes from the labour and post natal care of both of my children (ie the dates). They then wrote back saying that they had found the info and how much it would be for the photocopying etc and that the copies would be sent once they received the cheque.

I posted the cheque on Monday (I think) and received them on the Friday. The hospital have been fantastic and have not given me any hassles with regards to getting them. I listed my reasons for wanting them as understanding the drug and procedures administered to me as I am looking to study in the field of midwifery and thought I should know . Of course that was not the main reason, It was mainly to help me deal with things.

I have actually been really impressed with the level of detail etc in the notes.

I would say if you are trying to understand the way in which things happen then it would be a very good investment babe!

I really spent a good portion of yesterday crying - but I think it was another part of the process for me to let go of the hurt and feelings of sadness, and today I am feeling much better - alot lighter about it all and able to look at them more level headed now!

If there is anything I can do to help you hun let me know! Even if you want to PM me to vent or debrief about it.

Hi Relle, I know I feel as though I need answers to move on comfortably to have a better experience for the next birth, so I totally understand why you did it, and what you would be going thru now, re living it all over again.
    I need to know what i was given for pain relief etc, as there seemed to be a bit of a mess about the drugs I had been given? I remember my OB going saying to a nurse, why is she on this, this, this, and this?? Cant remember the full story, but I am hoping that the hospital will be as co operative as yours was, in giving a copy of the papers!! It is all such a blur, but there are alot of things that happened to me, where I need answers, and I am hoping my notes may give them to me, to reassure me for the next birth exp.
    I will definately PM you tomorrow, but for now its LOL!! DS is sick and I think we are in for a long night LOL!! I think these fertility drugs are making me rather tired too. Was in bed by 8.30 last night; Not like me at all LOL! My earliest to bed is usually 10.30ish.
    Plus, my de brief will take me forever to write LOL! Catch you a little later.

No Probs babe, Have a good sleep, I hope he is not too sick through the night for you!