Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Inducement booked & I'm terrified

Unhappy Inducement booked & I'm terrified

Yesterday my blood pressure was high so the doctor sent me up to maternity to be monitored. Bub's heart rate was too high. So we had to keep being monitored. It was down to normal around 7pm. We were allowed to go home about 10pm. We had to go to maternity to be monitored again today, and his heart rate wasn't the best it could be. The Ob said she wanted to get him out soon because of my blood pressure and his heart rate. She booked us in to be induced with the gel tomorrow night at 6.30pm.
    Now I'm booked in, I'm terrified. I'm scared of being induced, of being in labour, of everything. I don't think Dh understands why I'm scared now and haven't been scared of going into labour in the last two weeks. I don't know myself. I feel sick with worry. Thanks for listening.

Oh hun, you are scared because you know it's definatley going to happen, and soon!!!

You have time for a daydream or two, so have a bath, relax and visualise how you want things to be. Focus on holding bubba on Monday (woohoo!), the feelings of relief and the look on Dh's face when he holds his bubba for the first time.

Everything you have been waiting for is about to come true - it's normal to be a bit apprehensive when you are so close to achieving something amazing. Focus on the good bits and the end result, your D will be by your side.

I wish you all the best for Monday - I can't wait to hear how it goes!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

I have had 2 inductions and whilst its not my favourite thing it is survivable! My 3rd came very fast with an induction, 3 1/2 hours from first contraction to birth! (I didn't have gel just the drip) which was scary but quick.
    You will be fine, you have done this before its just scary at the end cause I think you remember what its like! Big hugs.

Jo,

I agree with the others, it will be fine! You are probably a bit scared cause you know it's coming very soon.
    I was induced with my DD and I was pretty nervous too. I went in at 7pm with leaking waters and 7am the next morning I was being prepped for an induction. Though, I was in labour for 24hrs from first contractions to birth. It did come on pretty quickly and pretty strong, but I have nothing to compare it to, so I just went with it! It will be different for everyone.

It is just birth after all, and you would be going through it soon anyway, so just try to relax and think positively. I'm sure you will do well. Good luck, you will be holding your bubba before you know it!

JoJo

if it doesnt feel right you do not have to do anything

an induction can be quite confronting...you will start your labor tomorrow and have a baby...and its ok to feel this way

dont be frightened lovely. If you do get induced (as you could argue that you would like to have another BP check with your OB), spend tomorrow relaxing with whatever makes you feel good and focus on welcoming your baby.

Enjoy this time leading up to your baby's birthday

big hugs to you

Thank you Ladies for all your replies. I think I am scared because I know it's definatley going to happen soon. They are also making Dh go home after they do the gel, and I haven't been apart from him in forever. I will try to relax.

Mrsmac - This is my first bub. The girls are my step-daughters.

Well, I'm going have a bath and relax.

Jo,

I agree with the others on this ......your scared because you know that tomorrow is D-Day you have only one more sleep to go before you will be meeting your little prince.

Goodluck i'm sure you will be fine, it's amazing what our bodies can do !!! Just think this time tomorrow night you will hopefully have your little man safe and sound in your arms.

All the best, can't wait to hear all about your special day.

Just wanted to wish you all the best for your induction!!!

All the best you can do it, soon you will be holding your beautiful bub woo hoo!

it is okay to feel scared, this is something that you've been waiting to happen for such a long time, and now you finally know exactly when its happening. Don't stress about the inducement, of course its a bit uncomfortable when the midwife shoves her hand in there and it is a little uncomfy when the gels go in, but certainly not painful, just strange. just try and have total trust in your midwives, they are professionals and will make sure everything goes just fine for you and bub. try not to waste eergy feeling scared, just feel excited, you are so close to holding your precious bub!!!

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Can you scam a massage from your partner or do any slow, deep breathing to help centre yourself a little? The realisation of labour, no matter when it happens, can create anxiety and is completely normal... try and rest, relax and tell yourself that you welcome your baby and your body is strong and capable. Good luck!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I agree with the others just let yourself go and flow with the labour as much as you can....this will be better for you and baby. If you really don't want hubby to leave tell them you don't want him too. I had DP leave during labour just to quickly zap home and feed the dogs and get some food cause they didn't offer him anything all day and he was only gone for half hour and i just completely lost control as soon as he left....he was my rock during labour and thats how i got through it without any pain relief. My midwifes were great but the person you love and trust is so much better.

Good luck for tonight

I had a show this morning, and I was getting contractions 5 minutes apart for 6 hours. I went had a sleep and they stopped.

I was hoping I had beat the inducement.

Ahhhh I just replied to you but didn't realise it was the same person with BP problems - should read better!

You should have your cervix open even a little by now, they should be able to just break your waters instead of gel which is a non-drug way to do it, less side effects and risks...
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Thanks Kelly. That sounds better. If they broke the waters, would everything start happening right away or would it take a while?

all the best ! I had an inducement with my waters being broke ( i was 3cm and contractions irregular) much nicer than having the gel!

hope it all goes well for you.

xox

Really depends but I would assume it should start fairly soonish given your body will be very close to labour anyway... one thing you may have to battle though is to stay off the drip - tell them you want time to get into labour on your own first - even 6 hours - it will likely start before then but you need time to try and get into labour on your own and then be open to evaluation. Once they break the waters, walk your butt off and go up and down the stairs of the hospital!!!
    Kelly xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast