Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me??

Exclamation Is it just me??

Hi all,

PLz dont think im weird but one of my biggest worries during my up coming labour is my

vagina being displayed to the world!!!.Im a really shy person to the extent that my hubby who ive been with for 6yrs hasnt even had a good look yet!!!!.:eek:

I was wondering is it just me or do other women worry about this?

i'm even thinking of requesting the midwifes to cover me as much as possible.

but because i want hubby to see baby being born i have to get over him looking straight at my privates.

i know it sounds really stupid but im very self consious.

Plz someone reassure me that im not the only one!!!!

thanks

Sal Guest

You are not the only one! I was so thankful that I didn't ever have to have an internal exam until I presented in labour 4cm dilated. I am one of those naughty women who avoid pap smears because I don't want a doc poking around down there!! But I have to say that my modesty went out the window once full-blown labour hit me! Trust me, it will be the last thing on your mind

Yep scares me for sure! I know DH wont be down that end I think he will stay up near me, but my mum will be down that end! Sal, im like you, have only ever had one pap smear im very naughty and havent had any internals. Does the checking for Dialation hurt????????????

Bel
    xxx

Sal Guest

I'd love to lie and say it doesn't, but gee it did! However, that pales in comparison with what happens after LOL

ooh you are so brave having your mum down 'that end'! Even with my modesty now in tatters I couldn't stomach the thought of my mum in the labour room! We used to joke about her setting up a deck chair and video camera down there!

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

I think it is perfectly normal to feel anxious about having yourself out on display! I am with Sal, eventually you get to a point where you want them to look down there so they can tell you how far you are!

My Obs had never even ventured anywhere near there during my entire pregnancy, so by the time he actually did was while I was in labour to break my waters and I was beyond caring!

Your DH is going to be in awe of you delivering his baby and I am sure will have nothing but respect for you, and he will be so focused on the baby that you don't actually 'see' anything else!

Goodluck with your bubba!

Hi,

phew its good to know im not a weirdo

I must admit im due for a papsmear as well ,the doc had to make me promise i would get one after birth!!

I probably am stressing about something that i prob wont even think about at the time.

but i have another concern(i know im a worry wort)
    but im also really really scared of pooing myself during the pushing stage,
    has this happened to anyone,im thinking of getting a enema or is this a bad idea?
    I know if i poo myself it will take me a while to look at my hubby straight in the face even though he wont say anything its just ME arrrg i annoy myself sometimes

plz share ur pooing during labour stories so i can be rest assured

thanks!!!!!!

rurumummy - I have this worry too about pooing, but all my friends have said they have done a number 2 during labour in the loo before the pushing start, your body will do it for you.. so wouldnt worry about having a procedure done.

Bel
    xxx

To me internals never hurt at all, i hardly felt a thing.

I was very much modest until labour and my dignity went out the window and i didn't give a stuff who was looking!

angelfish Guest

One of the good things about labour is that you will be totally focussed on it. You will be so keen to push your baby out that you won't care who's looking and you won't care if you poo either. I know you've probably been told that before, and you probably don't believe it, but it's true! Your husband will be so in awe of you that he won't care either. And the midwives, doctors and obstetricians have seen everything before, so they won't care. BTW, you don't actually have to have internals - I have had two babies and no internals at all with either of them. So if you don't like the idea, just say you don't want any examinations unless it's really medically necessary.

hi,
    yeah im hoping that i wont care because i dont want these issues to be on my mind and distract me during labour ,i really want to focus and put all my energy into my VBAC.
    Someone told me that the midwifes usually cover it up right away if you do,i hope so!!

anyway thanks for the reassurance guys

rurumummy

Just wanna ask,when they do a internal do they have to look or do they just stick there fingers in and know that way?

Just curious

thanks

They just stick their fingers in. I just laid there and avoided eye contact. I once had a pap smear where my Dr used that thing to open you and then realised she didnt have the kit so left me lying there while she went to get it. All I could do was pray there wasnt a fire or something

rurumummy having my bits out on show was a bit nerve wracking for me too to begin with but the midwives and OB's have seen hundreds of vaginas. That was running through my head and just like Fletch I ended up starkers as I laboured in the bath and didn't even think of dressing when I got out to push.

Quote Originally Posted by *Belle*
    Does the checking for Dialation hurt????????????
    Didn't hurt me at all Bel.

hi,

looool at being stark naked ,but trust me i would have to be on fire to rip all my clothes off!!!!

im glad that they dont look own there when they do an internal ,the less looking the better!!!

Yes, I too was extremely mortified at the idea of fifteen dozen people looking at my hoo-ha whilst in labour and *hides* I am another that avoids pap smears too. The very first time I arrived at the hospital I also had a terrible case of thrush as well, so not only was the examination to check my waters had completely ruptured and to see if I was dilating; but I was so humiliated about the thrush as well.

I actually found that once I had my epidural in, I really didn't care at all. I couldn't feel anyone poking around down there and I too just avoided eye contact. Believe it or not, just closing your eyes and focussing on what you have to do really works for removing you emotionally/mentally from the fact that you have a hand shoved up your bits.

When you're pushing it's probably the longest time anyone who be staring at your bits; and honestly you're just so focussed on pushing you don't have time to think 'oh yay, my husband and sister are seeing bits of me I never thought they would!'.

*LOL* After having Maddy and she was feeding I was literally lying there with my legs splayed to the world in the stirrups with a trainee doctor & supervisor staring at my bits and discussing out loud how best to repair the damage.

Oh, and I too pooed. I think I ended up being more embarassed about that then my girlie bits getting chilled. I couldn't see it, TMI coming...but I could smell it and my midwive just wiped it up and said it was a good sign because it's what happened right before transition and being full dilated.

LOL* After having Maddy and she was feeding I was literally lying there with my legs splayed to the world in the stirrups with a trainee doctor & supervisor staring at my bits and discussing out loud how best to repair the damage.
    Me too, lol!!! After my first baby and the guymust have had his face about 20cm away, stitching it all back together. I must say though, at that point so many people had been down there I was just over it. DH didnt look to impressed though, ... With the other births, they were done by midwives so it was okay.

Internals didn't hurt. Just be sure to relax when they do it. If you're tense, then it will hurt.

As for pooing.. my body cleaned itself out well and truly with a day & a half of diarhea before labour. Try not to have a fear of pooing.. because pushing that baby out feels exactly like doing a great big poo up until the end, and you don't want to be 'holding it in' for fear of pooing. The body is pretty clever, and often cleans itself out before or during the early stages. But it doesn't surprise me at all that it can still happen

Melody Guest

I could have had a marching band troop through & look at my bits & I wouldn't have known.... I dont recall even thinking consciously about it while in labour. Good luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast