Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: mums with sore bums club - (the piles support group)

ROFL!!! ahahahahhaha (Chloe's comment)

I was prepared for this issue this third time around: started taking FyboGel sachets the day before my induction and for the following week after birth. They really helped even though I eat a high fibre diet.

After labour I had a moderate sized one... at least i could still sit down... a midwife gave me a 'roid cream to apply but it didn't seem to make it feel any better, glad i didn't waste money buying it... think it was called Rectinol. I found having a bath was the best way to 'recover' after an uncomfortable spell in the smallest room. Adding lavendar oil to the water was lovely plus it's an anticeptic (important when you feel unclean down there because the pain prevents thorough wiping... sorry that's TMI).

However! I'm pleased to report that mine has totally shrunk back inside and causes no discomfort (this took about 2 weeks after birth). I know from previous experience that I might get an occassional painful 'stab' if I get constipated or an occassional itch and bleed... but if I look after my diet I'm sure the worst is now over... there is hope fellow sufferers! BTW nearly every woman I have spoken to about the intimate nature of birth etc has reported having haemmeroids... women should have more realistic expectations about all this, instead of the "maybe" scenario presented in books etc.

I have been wondering about this for weeks - since starting my third trimester the pressure seems to push out my lil friends all the time. I find it most painful when I have to wipe up after a bowel movement - thinking about using baby wipes! I have been pushing them back in in the shower and even used ky last night to get the bugger back in. I know it will be worse after childbirth - due to all the pushing - which is how I got this one 8 years ago. Have been thinking about going to the chemist to find out what I can use while bubs is still hanging around. Icypoles sound good - and I love the idea of offering them to poison MILs! I have also started my pelvic floor exercises to see if strenthening everything will hold them in a bit.

I can sympathise, I had a fischer (sorry for TMI!) after Amber's birth and have never experienced anything so painful (apart from her birth!) I was prescribed scheriproct (Sp?) a prescription ointment which has helped heaps.

Hi girls...strange question, but how long does it usually take for these horrible roids to go away after having bub??

Oh wow, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier!

I've yet to deliver, but am suffering the dreaded piles already.

Last week I went to the doc, and she "popped" it. OMG the pain. I strongly recommend visitng the doctor sooner rather than later for treatment.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12