Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OK... Positions please!

I hear you with the all fours... I am wondering how I will go, as I am quite private with my body...

At my hospital they put a nice soft mat on the floor so I might use that to try the all fours, as at least when the door is opened, my a$$ wont be the first thing you see!!

I have already spoken to my OB about an active birth, which he and the hospital supports. Unfortunately I am a type 1 diabetic, which means I have had to accept that intervention might be the case (although OB and I are still trying for as little as possible intervention). It has made it difficult to really get into a mind set of an active natural birth and preparing to let go of all my inhibitions. The reality might be a schedule c-section at 38 weeks. My whole labour preparation is divided in two. The ideal natural birth where I let the hormones do the talking and the reality of been a diabetic.

I have had great control of my diabetes both immediately before pregnancy and throughtout (so-far). To date I have had a great pregnancy and baby XX is healthy. I have a good OB, Diabetic Midwife and Obstretric physician who are all supportive of me been a normal pregnant women until I prove to be a 'diabetic pregnant women'. His only hard and fast rule is that OB will not let me go over my due date (I understand and support this). I am a medical researcher by profession so have the skills to make myself very aware of the facts without the hype. This is both a blessing and a curse.

So cross you fingers that I remain a normal healthy pregnant women who goes into labour naturally between Nov 1 and 10 and gets so overcome with hormones she proudly hangs from the shower rail.

Good Luck Cee... I hope you get your wish... Just like I hpoe I get mine....

A 6-7 pounder, 5 hours labour, and a week night birth!

Sounds good Melissa. I will add your requests onto mine.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123