Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pink Kit

It's Australian $ Rae. So far I'm finding all the info in it really helpful and it all just makes sense when I read it. I think a lot of the skills I'm learning from it will be very useful. Obviously though I won't be able to tell you just how helpful it is during actual labour/birth for another couple of months LOL.

Last edited by BellyBelly; January 12th, 2008 at 07:51 AM.

Thanks Angel!

Just read it! It's made up my mind to buy one now. I want to purchase it through BB to further support this site. Do i go about that by clicking the Pink Kit link advertised on BB?
    Last edited by BellyBelly; January 12th, 2008 at 07:51 AM.

Hi I got the pink kit through BB and paid $150 plus postage which was about $12. There is heaps of information which for me just makes me think more about what I need to do to have a good labour/birth. I personally think its good if you want to help yourself by getting as much info as you can, but if you prefere to just wing it then thats a personal choice too. You are supposed to work together with your support person, although i find it easier to just do it myself and then teach my fiance, coz he is more into being shown and discussing things rather than reading lots of material.
    Looks like you made up your mind anyway. Am due in 10 weeks, so will let you know what I really think of it then, am sure it will be fine
    Cheers
    Melissa

*Rae*, I've been reading up on it this morning. I've had two vaginal/drug free births (I feel funny about saying natural) and I really need a good support partner to pull this off again, so I wanted to get it for DP. We can't attend AN classes which start this week, and I was kind of put off about them anyway. I dont' feel I can learn more which is why the volume of information in the pink kit put me off a bit, but I'm sure there is plenty more I can learn.

Problem is, DP won't watch anything that has footage of a birth in it, or even a woman in labour. He says the first woman he wants to see like that is me and it feels wrong seeing someone else like that first (which is lovely). So can someone tell me if this is in the DVD bit of it, just for a warning if nothing else.

Also, can you purchase it without a credit card?

Min and Angel, how long everyweek does it take to work through it did you find?

Well i just purchased it !!!!!! Can't wait to get started. Tara - i'll fill you in on your queries if you haven't heard anything by the time i've got mine. Not sure on purchasing without credit card???

Tara, I had to get someone with a CC to buy mine for me. It's hard to say exactly how long each day/week you should spend on it. Depends how quick a reader you are for one LOL. Also, to get the most of it, there are some exercises or body positions that you can practice daily... or just be 'aware' of them as you go about your day IYKWIM? By spending some time each day focussing on my body I'm more aware of what postions keep me 'open'. I take half an hour or so every 2-3 days to read a bit more and then spend the next few days absorbing it all. Not sure if there is any actual labour/birth footage in it as I haven't gotten through all of it yet. I do know there is a CD included where you can listen to a pink kit birth though.

Rae, congrats! Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

hey tara,
    I havent got through all of the dvd yet, but am half way through and I have only seen stuff that helps you with breathing and positioning... nothing that shows the birthing women, although there is the cd that you get which you listen to a women birth and helps you recognise breathing.
    I read it in slabs, I'm not too good at pacing myself. there is a good lot of info in there so i guess its up to your style as how you want to absorb it. My plan is to just read and watch a few days a week, any more than that and I wont be able to take it in.
    As for the credit card, I think thats the only way, but you can always email them and see if they will alow direct debit.
    Good luck
    Melissa

Default The Pink Kit

Was just reading the article about the Pink Kit and it sounds great, although it's a bit pricey. Has anyone used it? Thoughts? Comments? Reccommendations?
    Thanks!

I've used it, worth its weight in gold.

I did borrow it from someone though, perhaps put out a call to borrow it from someone.

Default Pink Kit

I know there have been a few threads on here before about the pink kit, but I was wondering if anyone had purchased one and what they thought of it. I really want a natural birth and so am very keen but don't want to waste my money on something that isn't that uesful.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Georgina,

It's definitely a great tool, lots of women who have had VBACs have used them. If you want to sell it on here afterwards if you don't find it useful, someone will take it off your hands for you Have you read the testimonial in the newsletter this month?
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

*bump*
    Who's getting the pink kit?
    Who's used it and found it good?
    When do you have to get it?

Hey SJ - I have it, and have had it for a few weeks now and am a little more than half way through I should be finished by now but I don't know why but a few bits were a bit of a hard slog. I am coming up to massage, breathing and positioning so it could be that the anatomy/pelvic sections took me back to my uni days and hence the glazed stare!

Having said all that, the info in there is amazing and really useful for knowing your body, how to open it up more fully and I'm hoping in the next few sections, lots of practical things to take to labour.
    It is excy but I think you will find you will easily make your money back if you decide to resell once you have finished with it!!

I love it! Huge fan here

I have a couple of kits that I loan to my mums and they all get different things from it - but invariably, everyone learns something from it that they take into their birth.

It's so different to hospital "antenatal classes" - and far more useful. And it does so much to build confidence.

Every pregnant woman should take a look at it, it really is fantastic.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The Pink Kit is probably our best seller in the online store and in the centre. We sell loooooads of them and for a good reason - it's great info and you wont learn it anywhere else
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

I've had it on loan from my doula for the past 7 weeks. Honestly, 3rd time for me there is some stuff I haven't read alot into - but I love the New FOcus and Managing skills information for DH . No matter what stage you are at there is stuff you can take away from it - but if you are thinking about it I would recommend you get it now - I think I got my hands on it a bit late ....

Hope that helps!

Oh I cant belive I started this thread nearly 2 years ago and its still going!!!!

I am onto my second pregnancy and have to get the kit out NOW!

I loved it. It really helped me visualise during birth how I needed to breath and open myself up. I am seriously not into airy fairy stuff, but this is great. Made me look forward to birthing more. Absolutely recommend it, even though it is a few dollars.

Got to get mine out today...only 11 weeks left!

I've got the kit too. I found the reading material pdf files really useful, and will definately get DH to read the support person bits.

The info on breath, touch and language was HEAPS more useful than the 1-day antenatal class we did... that midwife covered breath in less than 5 minutes, and had gone the whole day forgetting it entirely until I asked about labour breathing at the end!!! (she wasn't the person who usually does the course though, just filling in!)

I found the video a little strange though... I've only have seen the first three chapters so far though.. and probably made the mistake of saving watching it until DH was with me, he wasn't in a terribly serious mood so didn't behave himself very well.. we weren't engaged enough with it to participate in the exercises... not really sure why... I think i might need to watch the whole thing myself, then just fast forward to the bits I want DH to watch. He's such a typical engineer - wants the practical stuff, nothing too airyfairy..

Also, I found the audio on perineal massage extremely confusing. I had NO IDEA what that woman was talking about, and I've got a background in human biology! I personally reckon it would have been easier to say "delve in, push out and down" and be done with it! I also haven't yet had the patience to listen to the entire birth breathing audio file... i listened for 5 minutes then started to lose interest ... bit hard to try and work out what's going on with just sound.. and it wasn't very good quality (which they explained).

It's still a great resource though because I can just tell him what to do, if he has read some basic parts of the new focus section we'll be well on our way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast