Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Pink Kit

Default The Pink Kit

Has anyone got a copy of this? What are your thoughts on it and have you found it useful?
    Cheers
    melissa

I'd also like some feedback as i'm interested in buying it.

Me too...... Anyone?????

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

One of the women I trained with was impressed with it; and she has been around birth all her life so I greatly value her views. I have heard so many good things about it; I do recommend you get it as the more birth skills you have, the better your birth can be. Lots of USEFUL stuff for dads too - i.e. what to say and WHEN to say it LOL. It's skills not just info.

The Pink Kit in the BellyBelly Online Store
    Last edited by BellyBelly; September 11th, 2008 at 11:10 AM.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Is it similar or as helpful as hypno birthing? I like the idea of hypno birthing but i'm not really into how do i say it, different/out there stuff! I dont know if they are the right words but i dont want any ladie dah stuff, i want informative straight forward info that I dont feel weird using. Do you get what I mean? I hope I explained it enough!!!!
    m

tiggy Guest

I used it when I was preparing for VBAC and thought it was brilliant.
    It definately helped me to prepare my body for birth, encouraged different positions and gave me ideas to have a good labour.
    It's different from hypnobirthing, it looks more at the physical side of things rather than the mental and emotional side of pregnancy and birth. Definately worth looking into.

Nah it's not HypnoBirthing Melissa, its birth skills/education
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Join us in Melbourne on Saturday April 7th!

I have the Pink Kit here today! Great timing. Here is a list of contents in the Kit:

1. Breath
    * Breathing makes a difference
    * Here's how
    * Use it well

2. The Bony Pelvis - Anatomy
    * Bony pelvis landmarks
    * Inside the hole
    * Mapping the outlet

3. Body Positions
    * The map shows the way
    * Women's personal experience
    * Baby in relation to pelvis
    * Consider your positions
    * Individual situations
    * Posterior babies
    * Help for discomforts
    * Less common complaints

4. The Bony Pelvis - Movement
    * How to create more room
    * With practice comes familiarity
    * The pubic arch
    * The hip bones
    * The sacrum
    * The tail bone

5. The Soft Pelvis
    * The uterus
    * Pelvic floor
    * Cervix
    * Birth canal

6. About Pain, Tension, Relaxation
    * Reasons for pain
    * Dilation
    * Backache
    * Baby getting 'stuck'
    * Stretching of the birth canal
    * Conscious, unconscious, structural, stretching tension
    * Support people

6. Massage
    * Hormones, rest, bodycare

7. Labour
    * 1st-3rd stage of labour
    * The inner voices
    * Remember
    * Early labour - what if...
    * Really active labour - what if...
    * 2nd stage - what if...

In the book there is also:

* Birth stories, for the fathers, Do's and Dont's etc... this all looks brilliant, cant wait to watch it!!!
    Last edited by BellyBelly; January 12th, 2008 at 07:49 AM.
    Kelly xx

Great I might just order one, i have a cc!

Go on, it will be soooooo worth it! I am loving the audio stuff I am listening to, its not Pink Kit material, but an interview with a Pink Kit midwife. I love their attitudes and stories, and what they are trying to say and do. I really hope people buy this - its going to make a difference for women and the men who support them, in the privacy of their own home so its less uncomfortable being in a room of people while trying to learn such intimate skills.
    Kelly xx

Just bumping this up. Is anyone else currently using the pink kit?

I have my copy & am working through it and it really is making so much sense. I can already see how helpful a lot of these skills are going to be during labour. I've just done the mapping of the pelvis section and it does seem to explain some things from my labour with Kynan. Hopefully with the skills I'll learn from the kit and having a more detailed knowledge of my body I'll be able to have an even better birthing experience this time around!

How do you find it for men? Is it interesting enough to keep their interest? Is it direct with talking about being a birth partner?

It's my DPs first, my third, so we are discussing AN class options, and I was wondering if the pink kit was worth it for a first-time birth partner? I guess I'm worried about overloading him and freaking him out.

If he is keen & committed to learning more and being able to help you more during labour/birth... It's hard to say if it's 'interesting' for men - I guess it depends how involved he wants to be. Obviously there's a little bit of time involved when it comes to reading the info and watching small segments of the DVD. There are sections of the book/reading material that are specifically for the support person. They're the bits that my DH is focussing mainly on, I definitely don't expect him to read the whole lot LOL. My DH is reading it so that he'll have an idea of what I'm doing and if I need him to he'll be able to assist me with using the pink kit skills during labour. You only need to do small sections of it every few days, ideally starting around 28w. I think so as long as you don't chuck the whole kit at him at once then I don't think he'd be overloaded with info.

I think you'd probably find the pink kit helpful too even if you've BTDT twice before. The info in it isn't anything like what you get told in an AN class.
    Last edited by Angel; January 22nd, 2007 at 11:50 AM.

Hey, thanks Angel for replying, I was hoping someone would reply.

I guess I'm focussing on him right now and not expecting to learn more myself after two vaginal births, but I'm sure I can. It helps that there's sections just for support people and that's what I can show him.

I was getting concerned about him going in it as we had to go into a delivery suite on the weekend, and he saw that they had pay TV in there. He keeps talking (seriously) about how we can watch pay while I'm in labour and it will help distract me. I plan to go drug free again this time. I've told him that the TV won't make an ounce of difference and I'll likely scream about the noise being on and I won't handle him being distracted by a TV, but he's saying to me 'we'll just try it'.

LOL, I don't think he realizes how painful it is and how I will be. So I think we need a bit of help, obviously my verbal preparing isn't working.

TBH I think if you're solely wanting something that's just for your DP then one of those books or DVD packages that's directed at dads, like So You're Going To Be A Dad, might be a better option for you.

I'm finding the pink kit really helpful but the sections for partners really helps them help you to apply the skills that YOU learn from the kit. If you're going to go with the pink kit then you need to be committed to learning the skills in it too because at the end of the day it'll be happening to your body and if you want to use the pink kit skills then you're the one who's going to have to do it IYKWIM? The pink kit's not about teaching people what happens during the stages of labour or when it's best for your support person to get you a drink or rub your back or anything like that - it gives you very specific skills that you can apply during labour... breathing, language, touch, how to get to know your own pelvis etc. I'm not sure if it sounds like the kind of thing you're after atm.

LOL @ your DP thinking he'll be able to watch telly whilst you're in labour! I think once you'd ripped the TV off the wall and threw it at him he'd quickly learn how wrong he was on that one PMSL!!

I'm "strangely" looking forward to birth...and are wanting to start getting myself ready for it as much as possible...

At what stage (ie. how many weeks?) do you need to start looking at something like the "pink kit"?

I'm not wanting to jump the gun...but I want to start getting my body and mind ready for what I'm hoping will be an amazing experience!

I don't think it's strange, I'm looking forward to the birth too, Monnie! I can't remember exactly how many weeks they recommend you start the pink kit... it's around either 26 or 28w. Sorry, DH has taken that section of the material to read during his breaks at work so I can't check for you LOL.

Default Pink Kit...Is it worth Purchasing?

Been looking at the Pink Kit info and it looks like pretty informative/helpful stuff in preparing for labour/birth. I'm really wanting to try for a VBAC this time around so i want to be as ready as possible.

Has anyone used it before? Was it really helpful?

Also it says the kit costs $150 - is that Australian dollars or US?

Any feedback is welcome cause if there are better resources to spend my money on i'd appreciate the advice.

Ta

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast