Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you said while in Labour

Default Things you said while in Labour

I don't think I said to much while I was in Labour. Except maybe GIVE ME THE GAS!!!!!LOL!

When my girlfriend was in labour her DH was standing next to the bed watching the TV. She became so angry at him she grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and told him through gritted teeth "stop watching the TV and look at ME!"LOL!

What do you remember saying?

Good topic Iris!!

I will have to ask DP about this one cause I dont remember everything...
    but I do remember asking "am I going to die?" WTF? LOL... I think I'd had too much gas...

Also, after my first minute or so on the gas I absolutely cracked up and was laughing my guts out... the midwife said she'd never seen anything like it... but I have heard it referred to as 'laughing gas', so surely I wasnt that strange? Has anyone else laughed on it?

I remember saying, ouch, it hurts and give me your hand. (to Rob) Amazingly enough I didn't swear at all.

Oh yeah and I also said I wanted to jump out of the window as I had had enough and didn't want to play anymore. LOL

Yes Ambah, I was having a good laugh on the gas as well, according to DH. I was having an extra suck on the gas after the pain went away, and my midwives were telling dirty jokes and I was in hysterics. That's what my DH says anyway! He said he wasnt sure what to do.

DH dobbed me into the midwives for having an extra suck or two on the gas, so they turned it down on me Think I asked him why he did it as I was having a really good time.

Apart from that, I didn't really talk/scream or threaten DH either. Totally opposite to what I thought I was going to be like.

Nic

Melinda Guest

What DIDN'T I say is probably more appropriate in my case LOL!! I screamed the place down!

I do remember saying at one point "just tell them to hit me over the head and knock me out"!!!

Bless him, Andrew kept trying to stroke my back and at one point I just glared at him and siad "Enough with the stroking. No stroking." So I was quite polite. But I wanted to say "@#$% off!!"

I can also remember telling him to stop breathing near me......he had had a cup of coffee and the coffee breath was terrible.....I think your sense of smell goes through the roof in labour..........(yeah, great idea Lucy, tell the father of your unborn child to "stop breathing"!!)

katanya Guest

I can also remember telling him to stop breathing near me......he had had a cup of coffee and the coffee breath was terrible.....I think your sense of smell goes through the roof in labour..........(yeah, great idea Lucy, tell the father of your unborn child to "stop breathing"!!)
    ROFL Lucy

I remember saying Ow..ow.ow ow..very exagerated..

I told DP not to touch me, turn the lights and TV off (he was watch TV because I wouldn't let him touch me) and get me the vomit bowl..

Then while moaning in the dark I asked him to stop chewing on his nails (nervous habit) the poor guy had to just sit there in the dark not breathing too loud or moving, sit close but not too close, just be there..LOL..of course after the epidural it was a different story

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Marisa (augmented labour on the drip after stopping @ 5cm): "FUUUUUUUUUU#[email protected]% I am going to die!", "MAKE IT STOP!" and other choice things, over and over. I think I also asked them to turn the drip off. Bawling my eyes out in pain. John was very embarassed! I wasn't! Shortly after ended up with an epidural - that drip was too much.

Elijah (natural): Just once when I was about to push - "I can't - please stop it" But other than that, just mild moaning, nothing like I had with Marisa.

Needless to say, the natural birth was much easier and less painful. Pushing was hard, especially when I was being hurried due to him being stressed and when I was flat on my back on the bed (I will insist being upright next time and wont listen to no!) but otherwise much easier than an induced labour.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I was okay for most of the timer the until after the epidural started wearing off. No swearing, but some of the good ones were -
    * Get him out now, I don't care what you do with him after, just get him out.
    * No-one cares, no-one's listening to me.
    * Dooooo something, please.
    * Ooooooow, it huuuuuurts.

Default reply

With Nyah I was so scared b/c it happened so fast, I got gas and a pethadeine shot, then told to push, and keep think WTF-but loved the gas,it made me really dizzy and I know between that and the peth shot I was in la la land for most of it!

I for some reason didn't want to swear and made a fuzzy conscience effort not to but do remember being told not to bite down on the gas tube and let it go lol. But I remember saying get it out this is between breathing through the contractions and refusing to push, so embarassing.

With William, I got gas straight away-love that gas!!!!!!
    But said nothing except get it out now and I can't do this anymore, and I want to go home? Im to tired, and I want to sleep- course I wasn't aloud?

Debbie Lee Guest

Like you, Katanya, I said a lot of really exaggerated "Ow ow ow". I would suck on the gas then scream "ow ow ow" as I was breathing out, LOL. The "Ow" turned into the "f" word when the midwife was out of the room.

When the catheter was being put in, I looked at Neil with a shocked look on my face and said "Ooo things aren't meant to go up THAT hole!" LOL. He said the look on my face was priceless.

I thought I yelled a lot but DH reccons I didn't.
    Apparently when I was almost ready to push Angus out I said to DH if I say I want another baby f****** shoot me. Don't remember this BTW I think it was just a ploy to make me stop at 2.

I said to my mum ( one of my support people) "oooh I did this to you, and I was over 10 pounds Im soooo sorry mum"
    To DH "Dont touch me" ( early labour) and "dont stop rubbing" ( my back later in labour)
    " I cant do this, I'm not ready I want to go home now " ( transition)

kelstar78 Guest

I told my sister to "f" off please (at least I was nice about it) and then told everyone I was going home. I blame this on the syntocin drip!

*Yvette* Guest

Well, I always say OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGG GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, breath, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIII GGGGEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RR

Only all the way through every contraction though.

I've also said:
    Don't touch me
    Hot
    Drink
    Good (in response to cold washer/good touch)
    Leg stuck (sitting on my foot & couldn't move)
    Hand (ie somebody give me one to squeeze)
    Need....to.....move
    I don't know what I bloody want (transition)
    How am I ever gonna do this again (transition)
    It hurts (whimper, sob) (transition)
    I can't do this any more (transition)
    You said that ages ago you lying cow (in transition, to midwife telling me I was very close now)
    It stings (2nd stage)

And then I see my precious baby and feel invincible.

Kirsty77 Guest

I know this is bad but I couldn't stop laughing at some of the things people have said!hehehehe

Hmmm probably shouldn't laugh to loud as I hate to think the profanity that will escape these lips during labour..................

ummm... what's labour???

emergency c/s here.. but what I do remember the docs saying to me was (I'm a lawyer), "we're going to give you a c/s, we don't care whether you sign the consent form or not, it's going to happen anyway. That's the beauty of the word "emergency"!"

DH (also a lawyer) and I both PMSL!

i said, really calmly apparently 'i'm going home, i understand i need to come back but i just have had enough right now, so i'm going and i promise i'll come back a bit later, ok?' about 15 minutes later i pushed my son out.

i said 'shi- vers' alot - god forbid i swear!!!!! WTF?

after my son was born i was absolutely flabbergasted that it was a baby. i kept repeating 'it's a baby' 'it's a baby' 'it's a baby' like i was so shocked by this fact. what was i expecting you ask????? an alien, a litter of puppies - i really don't know! it was a really nice surprise to get a baby though!!!!!

that's what i get again this time!

love beckles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast