Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite labour/delivery memory?

Just wait till it happens Leah - then you will really be a blubbering mess!! You have so many amazing moments ahead of you!!!

lucysmummie Guest

I know I know I know!!! how scary!!!!! im SO scared but excited at the same time!

With Maddy I had Mum & my sister with me, I was slightly out of it on pethadine. As I pushed Maddy into the world, they placed her directly onto my chest, my sister cut the cord & both her & my Mum were a blubbering mess! I just stared at her & for about 15mins, like we were the only people in the world, I didn't know what I'd had, I was just so absolutely in love with this sticky, gooey, slimy thing stuck to my chest! Then Mum asked what I had had & the MW lifted her up & saw she was a girl...

With Indah I had no drugs & had no idea she had stopped breathing, but when the MW asked if she could cut me as the baby needed to be born NOW & I said Yep, fine!!!
    Dh looked at my bit being cut then looked at me with this 'OH MY GOODNESS!" look I loved that then as she was born she wasn't breathing, but DH cut the cord & went with her to be suctioned & Mum stayed with me (same room only 4 steps away) as she screamed her first scream DH picked her up cuddled her & smiled at me as if he's heart was gonna burst he was so in love!!!
    He p[laced her on me as she fed, yet again I had no idea what it was & when MUm asked, her leg was lifted & DH proudly announced, we got another girl...

Even now my friends just smile when they see Dh with the girls, coz I dont think he could possibly love them anymore than he shows he does!!!
    He is a terrific husband & Father!!! OOOH, I feel really emotional now!!!!

I had a c/s and was in recovery for nearly 3 hours before being taken back to the ward.

My most precious moment was when I was wheeled into my room and the moment I laid eyes on my husband holding our newborn son was just magic I had a rush of extremely strong loving emotions I`ve never felt before and haven`t since, even now just thinking about it gives me goosebumps.

What a beautiful thread! Im crying just reading your posts and thinking of our wonderful experience.

For us it was definately when the MW placed him on my chest and knowing that he was safe. We didnt know that Hendrix was a he at this stage and completely forgot to find out. I was in the water and DH was supporting me from outside the bath and all we could do was look from one another to our perfect baby. The MW said 'do you want to know what it is' as she hadnt seen either.

That memory is so powerful and the best memory of my life. Cant wait to do it again.

Kirsty77 Guest

I had an emergency c/s so I didn't get to hold Gemma and meet her properly till I was wheeled back to the ward.I remember(very vaguely)the midwife bringing her in and placing her next to me.I just stared at her and she just stared back.My sister took a photo of us just laying there gazing into each others eyes.I was such a beautiful moment.

Corey got to hold Gemma straight after she was born.But I think the most beautiful moment for him was when we were back in the ward and Gemma was in my arms and Corey was talking and walking around and Gemma was following the sound of his voice!She obviously recognised it!He was the proudest daddy that day!!

Alex was an emergency c/s and the best thing I remember was his cry... because we were all so worried he wasn't going to make it (his umbilicial cord fell off the placenta as they pulled him out of the c/s so he's really a very lucky little boy to be here at all...) And seeing his testicles as they pulled him out... I didn't even see his face, only his penis!! So funny! (Mind you I really wanted a boy!)

And with Ned, another c/s, all I could think was "he's so huge"! Compared to Alex who was 1.9 kilos, Ned was 4.28 kilos and the difference was massive!

my most memorable moment was when you finally can push with that pain and you feel like you are doing something to help and then after the burning excrusiating pain then comes what i call the blobblobblob moment as the body and legs come out and reaching down to pick up my baby for the first time and have them look into my eyes and i into theirs and we know we belong to each other. with oscar he was an emergency c-section i still gazed into his eyes and we knew we were meant to be together.

this is making me feel all teary.

love beckles

My favourite was having just pushed her out, (obviously my favourite part cause it meant i was no longer pregnant!!) but i was kneeling on the ground leaning on her dad's knees who was sitting in front of me. I was in such shock that she was out, and having no idea of the sex of the baby during my pregnancy i said "what is it??" and the told me it was a girl and i said "Aww, its an Ashlea" Then they passed her to me and she was still curled up in a little tiny ball!
    I was too shocked to cry, that was my own little baby in my hands!

Well i dont remember most of my labor as i was sleeping lol. But i think the most memorable thing was when Lily cried for the first time. When they took her out she didn't cry or move at all because she was in shock for the traumatic birth, so they had to give her a bit of oxygen. It was only like 20 seconds from when she was born til she did cry but to me it felt likehours. I felt so relieved and happy when she finally cried! That was the best moment.

Debbie Lee Guest

I have a couple of little moments that I won't forget.
    One was when Neil decided to have a go of the gas while the midwife wasn't looking. He was like a big kid!
    When I was having a contraction after my waters were broken, I started leaking fluid all over the floor (there was meconium in the waters so it was pretty gross). My natural instinct was to run to the loo so it left a trail of gross stuff from the bed to the loo. Neil was following behind me with an arm-full of pads and throwing them down on the floor to clean it all up, LOL. Priceless!!

BUT... my ultimate favourite memory was when I was in theatre having an emercency caesar... they announced that she was out and I heard Gabby's first little cry... OMG... it was the most amazing sound!! I looked over to see the nurse carrying her over to a table and all I could see was this little blob of baby and I heard that cry and I said "That's MY baby!". I tear-up whenever I think about that moment!

I LOVE this thread! It's bringing back all the memories from when I had dd, and reminding me why I'm doing it all again!

I think my favourite moment with dd was when she had just come out and she was lying on the bed between my legs. We didn't know she was a she at that stage, and I looked down at her and said, 'it's a little girl'. DH was standing behind the midwife and literally pushed her out of the way so he could see! We were pretty shocked, coz although we hadn't found out, we were expecting a boy!

Bel

Pietta Guest

I remember i was so drugged up on everything with emergency c/s and i kept passing out but when they said- he's out and then i first heard his little cry i bawled in between each pass out.

I am getting so emotional thinking about it....

My two favourite memories about Aidyns birth are when he was placed on my chest for the first time... he was just so warm, making these little snuffly noises, and was already sooo cuddly. I was emotionally in shock at the time though, I just couldnt believe it!
    And later that morning when DP rang us up at the hospital in tears saying how he was going to love and take care of me and Aidyn (he had been rather unsupportive of my pregnancy) so I thought that was really sweet, and was so pleased that Aidyns birth had touched him in the way that I suspected it would...

Pietta Guest

Oh thats good to hear Ambah- I really hope i get a bubba on my chest the next time....

Melody Guest

Nice memories

For me it was looking up at DH's face as I pushed & the feeling of his hand holding mine & also seeing him being lifted up & places on my chest like a big emotional & mental "Whoooosh" My life had changed forever.

Kirsty77 Guest

Piette your birth memory sounds alot like mine.All drugged up and completely exhausted!

Janie Guest

These stories are so wonderful - this is the side of labour we should be talking about (and not scaring poor Shinee!).

I can't wait!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast