Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Think you are too small? Then see this (birth images/nudity)

OMG!! That's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen! I couldn't stop going through and checking out all the births!

omg the 3rd lady on the first site... WOW!

Thanks so much for sharing this, Kelly. Truly amazing. It should be shown at every birthing class.

I'm so tired of women telling me that their doctor told them they had a huge baby and that there is no way they'll ever be able to push it out (my friend was told that at her 20 week u/s).
    And some women just don't ever question what these half-gods in white tell them. This particular girl was induced at 40weeks because otherwise the baby would have been too big (apparently). The induction failed, the baby went under distress and she ended up with a c/s. And was told that she was just so lucky that they did a c/s because the baby was 3.9kg and "there is no way she would have been able to give birth to him vaginally".
    It's so frustrating!

I showed hubby that website and he now says that he's scarred for life ;-) He thought it was amazing that I could push DD out naturally, but now, he says: that was nothing ;-)

Sasa
    Last edited by sunshine_sieben; January 21st, 2009 at 07:51 PM.

This is great to see. As throughout my pregnancy people would think it was there right to say things like "hahahaha look at the size of you, good luck hahhaha."
    One person even said "You should ask for a c/s."
    Did I show them, NO DRUGS and NO CUTS or TEARS!!!
    Im no short but Im very thin
    Woman are woman no matter what there size and this proves what we are made for and made of

This is such a great link.... I've seen this before and it's such an inspiration.

The midwife I had at my appointment yesterday measured my belly to be 44. She then said to me "you want to be able to birth this baby out vaginally and not have to have a c/section" and I said "what do you mean by that?" (as I strongly plan on vaginal birth!!) and she said "because your baby looks to be about 8-9pds" (which isnt too big anyway!!) and I said to her "but you're only guessing, you don't know for sure"...... she also said to "watch what you're eating, make sure you cut back on the fatty foods" as if that's really going to make a difference! I eat well anyway!!!
    honestly, the remarks she made to me about my babies size, were not necessary. No need for it. And thankfully i've done my research and no matter how big my baby is I know it will be just right for my body to birth it...
    Any wonder some PG women have fear of birth when medical staff tell them their baby is too big to birth!!! Far out..... I'm so glad I know better than to listen to that midwife......
    I walked out thinking **pppffft!** WHATEVER......

Just wanted to share.

Pffft indeed, Ren. I got told by my doctor in the middle of labour to prepare for a C section as there was very little chance I could birth my baby vaginally - and I DID IT. I'm bloody proud of that, no matter what anyone else says. He was a nice hefty 3.895kg as well with a whopping great head.

Well done Helly!!

Well done Helly!
    Renstar, I'm so glad for you that you are self-confident and educated enough to know when to disregard the comments of so-called experts. Those measurements are so inaccurate. I was told my baby would be quite a bit smaller than average.
    DD was born at 39w3d weighing 8lb 9oz (3.865kg), no drugs, just water, and my active labour was only 2 hours 45 minutes (only 1 hour 45 minutes of that spent at the birth centre).

I keep telling people my grandmother's story. She birthed 6 children naturally in her home, with only a midwife present. ALL WERE OVER 5KG!!!!! She was a tallish woman but not a giant. Her labours were not the stuff of horror stories.

Saša

Oh, just had my morphology scan. The u/s tech guy said to me:
    "Mmmm, this baby measures a smaller than average, was your DD small, too?"
    Did I not know what I know, I would have been worried. I told him DD was bigger than average, then asked how big this little one measured, just out of curiosity.
    He said:
    "17 weeks 6 days".
    WHAT???? He made a comment like that because the baby measured 1 whole day less than my dates????? You must be kidding!

Saša

Honestly!! These medical professionals.... **Pfft** to them huh!??! VERY silly thing to say to a PG woman, considering it was only off by 1-2 days AND babies grow at different rates in the womb..... one week baby A grows at this rate and the next week baby B grows at this rate..... there is no exact science as to how big a baby should be at any given time.... hmm that guy needs some bedside manners me thnks!

Helly - so glad you didn't have to have that C/section.... can't believe they would say that!!

Renstar, not only do babies grow differently, but those measurements are also not accurate. I mean, they place some markers onto a blurry picture, then they measure. It depends very much on the placement of the markers. Then these measurements are compared to the measurements of other babies. From that info, a guestimation is made. Often extremely inaccurate. DD was meant to be average at best, so about 3.5kg. Well, she was almost 3.9kg.

And good luck with your upcoming birth. I'm sure it will be an amazing experience! I can't wait to hear how it went.

And when it comes to c/s scares, my GP told me when I was 6 weeks pregnant that I would have to have a c/s due to the fact that I was overweight and this was my first baby (as first babies are more difficult). Did I show her. Not that she knows as I never went back to see her.

Saša

Thanks so much for sharing! Amazing

wow that is amazing!

i hate to say this, but i found it a bit creepy

and all those women are in the worst position for giving birth...good for the camera though

thats how i birthed my bubs... on my back
    Go with whatever is comfortable i say!!
    thanks for sharing!

wow - what powerful women!!

I have to say though...after looking at this particular midwife's blog and reading some of the incredible birth stories on there...I find it really disconcerting that most of the women are shaved and given enemas? Perhaps its a hygiene concern because he's practicing in a developing country...but it just seems unnatural and invasive to me

That is absolutly AMAZING!

I know I can do it now!!

Just amazing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12