thread: Breastfeeding General Chatter #13

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    I was texting a friend and she said it could be because I'm pretty sure ive just ovulated? She said she had an achy boob that got a bit bigger when she got af, and mine looks bigger - and she said it can happen with ovulation as well?

    If I get af in two weeks - that's ripped off dude. I got it by 8 weeks with the other 3 but I was ffing - tis not fair!!

  2. #2
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    ripped off!

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Jul 2008
    summer street
    2,708

    The achy boob could also just be engorgement...I get mixed up about which boob I should feed from and sometimes do the same one a few times in a row (especially at night) and then a few days later I am all lopsided with one huge hard boob.

    Yes breastfeeding is such guess work...I still don't know what I'm doing some days and I've been feeding for 2.5 yrs. My sil always said your baby has a relationship to your boobs that doesn't involve you (meaning your brain)... So I just always offer. Its hard because some babies will make themselves sick with milk, while others just refuse if they're not hungry...

    Eventually they learn the art of sucking without drawing so much milk...

  4. #4
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    yeah, i think it does generally work better if you switch your brain off. i find that very hard though being an overthinker

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld
    14,682

    Got AF.

    Completely ripped off I say!!! *stamps feet*

  6. #6
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    6,900

    Oh, ripped off all right!

    That could explain any fussiness too though bc apparently it can change the taste.

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Oct 2007
    Middle Victoria
    8,924

    i got a BFP and i think my milk supply is going down. I don't want bub to wean. She doesn't eat enough solids to sustain herself, let alone all the other benefits. If she keeps feeding will i keep making milk?

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Add UntoldAngel on Facebook

    Nov 2009
    Between concrete walls
    1,885

    Got AF.

    Completely ripped off I say!!! *stamps feet*
    I got AF back at 7weeks and exclusively breastfed til 6months before introducing solids. I felt majorly ripped off!! I also got a massive lump in my left boob about a week before AF would arrive - big enough you could see it and it was VERY painful...