Is anyone feeding a 17+ month old? How long are they feeding for?
I had weaned DS1 by this stage so i have no comparison, but DS2 feeds 3 or 4 times a day and he wants to feed for HOURS! Well, it seems like hours. I often find myself detaching him myself because it is becoming very uncomfortable. I guess it's normal, but it's a becoming a bit of a bind.
I'm still feeding DS at nearly 23 mths. He's dropped the day feeds (unless it's the weekend when I'm home and he might have one to go to sleep during the day - not always though). We currently still have about 3 - 4 feeds in 24hrs. One roughly when I get home (sometimes this gets missed); one when going to bed if I'm home (this one can take a while; up to 45min to settle for bed. It's an on, off, on, off. swap sides, sort of thing) and one or two overnight of anywhere between 10 - 30 min (with the occasional longer one where I've fallen asleep in the glider while feeding). Often there's also an early morning one (or it's the second one but it's anywhere between 5:30-7:00am and that can be anywhere between 1hr and 10min (depending on when I'm getting up or get fed up with DS's latching and swapping sides)