Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breastfeeding tops /tanks..?

Question Breastfeeding tops /tanks..?

Which ones are good, best & why, where is the best place to get them? I've been looking on Ebay, but not sure which ones to get or try... Anyone with experience & advice???

Thanks....

I have 4 boob tops 3 singlets and 1 short sleeve and I LOVE them. The singlets are great because you can wear them in summer under a lacy top and in winter you can wear them under a long sleeve top and still have easy access without too much skin showing. I found the glamour mum singlets to be quite short (dunno if they've changed... have they caro?) and for me it was as much about tummy coverage (actually moreso) than boob coverage iykwim.

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yeah I been looking at a few &thought that's not long enough for me in the body (I am short, but want it covered coz thats' the reason I'm looking at them...

So Boob brand cailin is your suggestion? They are longer in the body??? Easy to use?

Someone recommended a while ago the "corsierre". I goggled it & they look great. As the name suggests they are a sort of corset as well, so it holds in the post baby bulges

What post baby bulges...

P.S. see my WANTED thread!!!!

I bought a few bonds singlets recently on sale at around $40... the white ones are awful as you can see things like stretch marks through them, but the black ones are good

I also bought some cotton on singlets for when I was pregnant that you wear under shirts, and have found when lifting up the shirt, the singlets are stretchy that you can pop them down under your boob while feeding & it hides the flab

I'll second the vote for the corsierre....it was me who mentioned them......yet to try them myself but a friend has them and they are really good at holding all the bits together, she says they are very accessible too.

I've just bought a booby bib and it is fantastic, i have a huge milk supply and hate wearing bras to bed, but this is fantastic and i dont wake up soaking
    I paid $60 for it and am deffinitely going to buy more
    It has a zipper on the front for easy access for feeding too which is great for the middle of the night feed

Thanks Melanie, I couldn't remember who it was

I had a pink glamourmum, and found it reasonably long, and I am 6 feet tall and very long in the body!

Its XL though, so probably too big for you Tracey.

It was very comfy, but I actually found it hard to feed in - not sure how much of that was down to Milo though - and preferred regular crossover tops.

Actually Christy I have 2 long black singlets from Cotton on & when I was still feeding Indah I'd wera these under most tops & lift the outer top up & stretch the singlet neck part down as it was stretchy, so all was covered!! Hmm, I actually noticed that they had a huge rack of those singlets out the front for $6.50 (or there abouts) when i was at the shops on Boxing day!

Might nick back there & grab a few more, I'll steer clear of white although no stretchies yet but might seew hat other colours they have! Coz I also hate my belly getting cold in winter!!! hee hee!

Hi Tracey! I have a few different brands....I actually really like the Peppermint ones, nice and simple, I just wear a mat bra under them too. I returned my Corsierre - didn't like it much at all but that's just my opinion I guess. I got a BF dress too from the ABA site, not very comfy though for BF (it hurts your bb where you pull it up!)

Thanks Soph... I'll have a look... although if I can get away with the Cotton on ones it might just be easier & cheaper!!! LOL...

I have a BOOB top that I got off Ebay. I love it!
    I also got Freshmums dress. Don't love it as much. Its a comfortable dress & looks good but I don't like the inbuilt shelf bra. When You lift the elastic to get to your boob, your left with a very tight bit of elastic across the top of your breast & I would think it would be a hazard for blocked ducts etc. I have altered mine so I am not needing to lift that elastic to gain access. Much better!

eta: Ahh is that the freshmums one??
    I got a BF dress too from the ABA site, not very comfy though for BF (it hurts your bb where you pull it up!)

Oh yes yes yes FionaJill that's the dress! Was thinking about altering it too. How did you do it? Just snip the elastic????

No what I did was cut along the top of the elastic so that the 2 layers became seperate. You know how the shelf bra part has the inside layer with the holes to place the breastpads in & then the top layer. Well I cut along the front from the side seams as close to the elastic as possible. Then I sewed a thin looser bit of elastic to the top layer I just cut. I added the thinner elastic so that it still sat snug under my boobs when its not in use, Just so it still sat neatly. So I now just lift that top layer & poke my boob through the hole. Although I think I will need to make the hole bigger, my nipples don't sit as low as the holes.
    If your not sure what I mean I will take a pic & email you if you like.

Tracey forgot to tell you, if you join the ABA you get a discount on feeding tops at the ABA shop in malvern, its worth the travel

*hugs*
    Cailin

You get 10% discount as an ABA member but your first mothers direct (the aba store) purchase will give you a 15% discount. Usually if you order online & your a member, your 10% discount results in free postage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast