Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Breast Pads

There are many different types of cloth breast pads (it's all I used with my first baby). I was extremely leaky and I found them very good. I was lucky in that someone gave me a huge bag of them, but I think you can still buy them through Mother's Direct (google them or find the link on the ABA website).

HTH.

Last edited by AnyDream; August 23rd, 2007 at 03:08 PM.

I used Tommy Tippee washable shaped ones and they were OK - just make sure they're rinsed properly so as not to irritate from the detergent. I didn't try any other brands so can't say if they were the best.
    HTH

You can get avent cloth pads from chemists, or some organic shops have hemp or bamboo breast pads. I just ordered some funky ones from BabyBehinds, which are a cloth nappy company, they stick to your boobs and use pressure to stop the flow (sort of like putting your finger over it to stop the flow). HTH

I've been using the Avent cloth ones too, but they are hard to find. I went to 6 different phamacies before I found one that stocked them.

Default breast pads

Who uses them and how long have you been BF?

I have been bf for five months now and dont use them at all , is that normal? I dont leak at all and thought I would leak lol.

Hm I get a let down but it dont come pouring out of the other boob unless I havent fed him for hours and hours!

I wore them til about 4-5,ths with Indah as the letdown would cause other breast to leak... Ofcourse I am using them again now, I have some cloth & some other ones (no idea the type/brand)

Hmmmmmmm all these leaky boobs makes me wonder why i am so different! Wonder if its something to worry about?

No absolutely dont worry, just consider yourself lucky! I was horribly leaky for about 9 months (still having embarrassing over leakage accidents even then) but many of my BFing friends leaked infrequently or not at all.

I should be sponsored by Pigeon breast pads. I've been through boxes and boxes already. It's foul! I have to wear two in the night so just think yourself lucky SOUL!

But wouldnt that mean I dont have enough milk?

No i would've thought it meant your milk had settled and you just have a let down when feeding-- Aren't boobs clever! My bub is only 5 weeks old so I'm hoping it's going to happen for me soon!!

oh ok lmao so once you have been doing it for a while leaking is not nessasary?

Smile

I might leak one or two drops in the morning thats it though so I dont use them soul!

august_moon_mum oh fantastic, well I mean fantastic in the way of perhaps it is normal for me. I am sure if I got him to sleep more than an hour at a time then I might leak a little with a big build up.

Smile

Yep your not the only one! I have two big boxes practically untouched but I must admit my breastfeeding experience is/was pretty varied. I had an emergency caesar (was originally going to be [email protected]) as my son had to have an operation as soon as he was born so I had to express and did not BF him until he was 10 days old. Then it was only to a schedule and timeframe according to what he could tolorate. My son was tube fed my EBM and colostrum. Now he is BF during the day and he has FF x3 at night. When my milk came in I never got sore hard or hot boobs etc, and still don't, did you? So I don't use the breast pads but my BF experiences could be why too, although I've always had plenty of milk for Lucas.

I have BF four, including a NICU bub, and I leaked only during the first few weeks, and not all the time even then. So you're quite normal soul, and you should be grateful!!

I am grateful, very grateful infact so darn grateful that I am estatic that I can BF this time!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast