Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cloth Breast Pads

Question Cloth Breast Pads

I'm not so leaky as I was when Imran was a newborn and I thought I could save some money by switching to cloth breastpads.
    Can anyone recomend a good brand or tell me where to buy them.
    TIA

Dach, I found the Avent ones were good, and the outside cover was lacy and didn't feel gandma-ish LOL. I got them from Myer and they come in a set of 3 pairs and a little bag to wash them in. I can't remember exactly how much they were, but around the $20 mark from memory.

They could be washed very easily too, I put them in their bag and chucked them in the machine with Paiges clothes. They didn't stick to you either.

I brought Tommee Tippee ones from Kmart but I didn't really like them as you could feel them under your bra so were aware they were there all the time.

Love

Dach Ive got the avent ones too and they are good on the days you arent so leaky!

Jo

Dach,
    I have the following:
    Avent - Dont rate them, they are flimsy and fall out of palce in my bra all the time.
    Imse Vimse flannel pads. Love them!!!! Buy them online. They take 5-10 washes to become soft, but they are lovely. Wonderful once your milk really settles.
    Snazzipants - again online but from NZ. These are great too, but better when your milk is heavy and not settled. Almost an overnight pad.
    I also have some woollen ones - you lanolise them so they are waterproof, and they are great too.

Can I suggest you try to chase down some bamboo pads? Check on Ozebaby for them. Bamboo is an amazing fibre - it soaks up alot of moisture, and is beautifully soft. I'm not sure if anyone sells them at the moment, but I will be getting a few new pairs for next time.

I used the Avent ones - which were great and washed really well

Default lilypadz breast pads....

Just wanting to know if anyone uses lilypadz? The ante-natal midwife said they were the best (in her opinion). They're a bit pricey but look interesting....actually, just checked ebay and they're heaps cheaper if you get them from the US....even with the exchange rate and postage. Nice!
    Last edited by {sarah}; January 6th, 2008 at 07:49 AM.

I've only just got some. They are pricey but so far I am loving them.

I don't wear them all the time because I'm a bit concerned about the stick on stuff causing a rash so I'm just wearing them at night. love them because I HATE wearing a bra to bed.
    In the morning I just rinse them off. I haven't had them leak so far and they have contained my mega morning let down. Now that Caleb is sleeping through I have been a lot fuller.
    I guess if you consider that a box of breast pads cost about $5 and if you go through a box or so a week then they will pay for themselves rather quickly.

I am seriuosly thinking about these. I had massive oversupply last time, and so I'm wondering if these might be the ticket??
    I'm not sure I would be too keen on wearing them all the time, there just seems to be something not right about no let down from the otherside all the time, but certainly for those special occasions, or even just leaving the house in the first few weeks, they would be good.
    I'm a cloth breastpad wearer, so they really dont contain that well until milk supply is well settled.

I have these and i found them good for when i was leaking from like 24 weeks (especially as i didn't need to wear a bra to bed which i found most umcomfortable)

But when i was full on feeding, i found they wouldn't work.. Could be that i have enough milk to feed a small African nation though.. My SIL has them and doesn't have a problem with them. They were ok between feeds once my supply had settled down, but during a feed it would come off the other side.

I also wear cloth breastpads at home, mainly to save money as the pidgeon ones are great ut get $$.. Although i found after my supply went more normal i didn't need to wear any at all

At night times i found the best product ever (i think i wrote something in the recommend a product place). They are called BoobyBibs - they are a singlet top with a special material that absorbs a lot! Seriously, i would wear them to bed, even in the beginning and wake up dry (and the sheets also), and only if the 1 time he went like 9 hrs was I a tiny bit damp!. No bra at all - i could finally sleep in comfort. They are a little pricey, but SO worth it! Just google them, they are an Australian product, and you buy it directly from the person who designed them.

HTH

Ah, I've heard of this 'boobybib' but it was never explained to me...sounds good though!
    Thanks for everyone's opinions...sounds like both products are winners

I have a booby bibs. I bought it at the expo. The had the lycra ones selling off for $20, so I thought why not. I've tried it though, and it is horribly uncomfy, so I'm hoping its just cause I have a large bump out the front of me! I would have preferred the cotton one or something a little longer.
    Yael - I too can feed a small army So I know what you are saying! I wore the bra tobed for 6m with facewashers in it. I'm surprised I ever got pregnant again given how attactive I must have been

PMSL Fi - I know i felt like that also when i woke up in a puddle every day!

When i got it the had a special to get an extra lycra one, also for $20 i think. The cotton one is WAY more comfy. It just feels better and a bit tighter but in a good way, and i also way longer which is important. But i like having 2 so when i wash one i have the other... But it is so much better than the bra to bed (i would wake up just from it digging in)...

Can't recommend them enough!

Yeah sorry for not explaining the Booby bib Cat
    I love mine, I'm planning on getting another - I didn't see them at the expo, bummer! You can google them for more info anyway.

I've been looking at Lilypadz too, think I read somewhere that they're better once your milk supply has settled down. They look good though!
    Last edited by Nelle; November 15th, 2006 at 06:58 PM.

Woohoo! Won some lilypadz for $24!!!
    No more bra for me!

Got them today - can't stop looking at my smooth boobs!!! Hehehe. If only DH could see me!
    I can't wait (well, I can and I will) until I stop BF and I can just wear them instead of a bra.....ah the joys of no bra!

Just thought I would let those in the area know, Mothers direct (sydney & melborne stores) are having a sale the 30th & 1st store wide. Not sure how much cheaper lilly padz will be but on sale none the less.

Well, I bought some lilypasdz & they have changed slightly since the last pair I had & I don't like them anymore. I am actually getting a refund on them. They don't stick as well (although I think I might have a faulty set, not sticky on the edges). I don't know what it is exactly about them but they are different & I don't like it. I think I will just invest in a good few sets of washable breastpads. Maybe a booby bib for night.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast