Wow, just wow. You sound very reasonable and calm about the whole thing sepata. I hope your hubby sorts it out for you. I know that if it was me I wouldn't go even if she turns around and says that it's 'ok' now to feed your child. It's a bit tricky for her to change her mind now that you know how she really feels iykwim! I would feel extremely uncomfortable feeding my ds if I had been asked not to as I would know that I'm not really welcome there if I'm breastfeeding. My DS comes first and there is no chance I would be leaving the room or covering up, there would be no hope anyway as he is a toddler and has free access 24 hours a day so I couldn't stop him or hold him back without making a scene and everyone hearing "boobie, boobie, boobie" getting louder and louder with each second he is denied milk. It's also a horrible feeling to think that she is embarrassed or something by you and your parenting choices which at the end of the day have nothing to do with her. And I don't think she has the right to tell anyone what to do just because it's her special day... Is she going to tell all the smokers that they can't smoke, and all the alcoholics that they can only have one drink every hour, and all the sleezy men to only talk to one single girl, and all the loud mouth uncles to not even think about making a surprise speech? I mean where does it end? All of those sorts of things are worth getting her knickers in a knot about, not the natural act of breastfeeding. You invite your loved ones to your wedding to share your day, be comfortable and have a good time. If she doesn't like her guests or doesn't like her guests behaviours then she shouldn't invite them. Honestly I think it's incredibly rude.
Bookmarks