thread: I think they drank my BM...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    I'd be peeved! BM is more precious than gold, especially to a hungry baby. It's not like it is that easy to supplement something else for it. I think it was really inconsiderate of them. If it was an accident, fair enough but if they purposefully used your milk for coffee, I would be so cranky.

    Why should it reflect badly on you? You did nothing wrong but knowingly taking someone else's BM and putting it in coffee is the same as stealing to me.

    Can you tell I have strong opinions about this

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Nov 2009
    Scottish expat living in Geelong
    5,572

    knowing how difficult it is to express that much milk I would be livid! Will you say something to management to make sure it doesn't happen again incase "spiking the coffee" becomes an office joke?

  3. #3
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    Find out the going rate of BM ... I don't think it that cheap, and invoice whoever stole it. There was an ice cream shop in the UK buying it for 20 pounds for 8 ounces ... that makes what they took worth about $25.

  4. #4
    2013 BellyBelly RAK Recipient.

    Apr 2006
    Winter is coming
    5,000

    Did they actually drink the coffee? With someone else's bodily fluid in it? To me that would be on the same level as someone spitting in my drink - yuck!

    And I would be annoyed that they just used it knowing that it wasn't theirs, even it it was just normal milk.

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    5,235

    Do you know it was intentional? If it was, they all need to grow up, if not, well accidents happen and it might make for interesting conversation at this years Chrissy party!

  6. #6
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2008
    3,132

    I just told DH about this ... he works in recruitment. He has just done a whole heap of training around the new sexual harrassment laws and he reckons that not only do you have a massive reason to complain to HR (and even file a case against them) but so does anyone that drank the BM. He said not that there is anything wrong with your BM but it is about creating a safe workplace for you and for the other people that you work with. As your BM is a bodily fluid, other people drinking it without their knowledge also creates a whole heap of issues.

    I am pretty sure that under the new laws, even leading you to believe that other people drank your milk is enough for there to be a complaint. You have the right to feel safe at work as do you collegues and what has happened is a huge breach of that right for you and other people who are unknowingly involved.

  7. #7
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    I dont' see how it could have been accidental - it was in its own bottle and would have 'settled' and not look like homogenised cow's milk at all.

  8. #8

    Jun 2010
    District Twelve
    8,425

    If I were you I would feel hugely violated. How totally inappropriate. Definitely complain to management. Quite apart from anything else it is theft. I am really sorry that happened to you

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Jan 2009
    A Pirate Ship
    3,627

    I'm feeling a bit emotional right now so I'd have to say that I would cry thinking that someone had taken my babies milk

  10. #10
    Registered User

    Feb 2006
    Mornington Peninsula, Vic
    1,624

    I'm feeling a bit emotional right now so I'd have to say that I would cry thinking that someone had taken my babies milk
    Me too!! I know how hard it is to express milk, 200 mls, that's a great effort. I would be mightily peeved off...how dare they!! Immature twits!!

  11. #11
    Registered User

    May 2008
    Melbourne
    1,838

    I'd be pretty peeved also, it's one thing to think it was funny and want to play a practical joke on someone (if that's what happned with it) but it wasn't theirs to touch!!!!! Surely in communal fridges it would be common knowledge that you only touch what is yours.

    In my opinion it's really wrong.

  12. #12
    Registered User

    Aug 2010
    Albs, WA
    971

    Id be peeved, especially if stolen on purpose!
    thumbs up for expressing, I know how draining it is!

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Mar 2007
    6,979

    I would be really upset over that!!!! Unless of course it was an accident then I'd laugh about it......

    That's a violation really.

  14. #14
    Registered User

    Jul 2010
    sydney
    211

    maybe someone tipped it out thinking it was off milk?
    I know where i use to work, once a week the fridge got cleaned out and if anything in there wasnt labelled or looking good it got binned...