12

thread: Lactation Cookies.. question..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Registered User

    Oct 2008
    SA
    1,078

    These sounds yummo....I had no idea this sort of stuff could really increase supply that much...?!?! I'm about to start expressing again, so this might be another trick!
    Thanks ladies...I love baking too (and eating.....)

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    Definately worth the calories! I've gone from hardley anything to squirting as soon as my bra is off

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...
    3,304

    Sally, so pleased you like them. I had to hide them from my DH too... And the girls are right, the secret is the oats, brewers yeast and the flaxseed. They are all good for your supply.

    My sister used to eat porridge with flaxseed meal and brewers yeast daily to help with her supply.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    My sister used to eat porridge with flaxseed meal and brewers yeast daily to help with her supply.
    I was just thinking last night that I might start doing that too! Thanks

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Dec 2006
    Out of my mind. Back in five minutes...
    3,304

    It is especially hard having a premie (my sis had my niece at 34+4) and she struggled to breastfeed, for many reasons... I am so pleased for you that you have been able to make this work.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    Thanks I'm so determined this time because it didn't work out with Brendan (I expressed for 5.5 months for him, but my supply was just never really there)

  7. #7
    Registered User

    Dec 2007
    Taking a ride on my grdonkey :D
    2,716

    ^ I had the same problem with DD1, I struggled to express for 6 weeks and then it just dried up on its own Wish I'd known about these cookies back then!! I'm going to gather ingredients this afternoon so I can bake some tonight and give them a go

  8. #8
    BellyBelly Member

    Oct 2006
    Queensland
    2,039

    just subscribing too!

  9. #9
    Registered User

    Feb 2004
    Melbourne
    11,171

    Oh, cool idea Sally

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    Thanks

    It only came about because I was feeling lazy

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Add NaeNae on Facebook

    Sep 2007
    South Gippsland
    3,753

    just subscribing to thi thread for the recipe

  12. #12
    Registered User

    May 2006
    Igglepiggle Land
    2,742

    GREAT thread Sally!!!

    I'm subscribing too!!!

  13. #13
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Victoria
    507

    ohh sounds good.. I think I will have to give these a try to

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    lol

    Be warned these are VERY addictive...
    I eat a proper breakkie and proper dinner, but the rest of the day I'm back and forth from that container!! Some days I eat so many that I miss lunch

  15. #15
    Registered User

    Apr 2007
    Inner South East suburbs Melbourne
    1,213

    I'm having a wee bit of trouble keeping up with Tom's growth spurt so these might be the go for me. One thing though, does anyone know if the brewer's yeast is a problem for those who have a problem with thrush?

  16. #16
    Registered User

    Nov 2008
    Victoria
    507

    i just jumped back in this tread to ask the exact same question as toomany re: thrush..??

  17. #17
    Registered User

    Apr 2007
    Inner South East suburbs Melbourne
    1,213

    i just jumped back in this tread to ask the exact same question as toomany re: thrush..??
    Great minds think alike! I'll look forward to seeing if anyone has any answers

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Follow Early Kids On Twitter

    Oct 2007
    Eastern Wheatbelt WA
    3,282

    I have no idea... hopefully someone can answer it for you.

12