Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Make Breastfeeding Compulsory for 6 mths? WDYT?

Quote Originally Posted by muminalice View Post
    I recall a response from someone on here who was quite happy to call herself a breastfeeding nazi
    Just because 1 person in this entire thread calls themself a "BF Nazi" does that make the rest of us Pro-breastfeeding lactivists "Nazi's" also???? Lets' be fair now..... this thread is just getting stupid now.

This has gotten out of control, we all have had our say, lets leave it alone yeh? The bf mums are not going to give up, and the ff mums are not going to give up. No one here is saying ff is better, were just saying we have the RIGHT. I hate seeing all this fighting, you are all passionate people and i respect you for standing up and having a say, but its gotten out of control right? This is no longer a healthy debate, this is a fight, and it could potentially ruin friendships. Lets just all say our peace and get on with life yeah? I know i've had enough of thinking of this thread,, im over it. It does me no good coming here stating my reasons why i ff, i do not have to justify, nor does anyone else. So unless this law is actually passed (pfft) lets just have a rest? Come back tomorrow with a cool head?

Quote Originally Posted by Dedicated_mummy View Post
    Im honestly wanting reasons? To go out? To work? To get drunk?

Im not being nasty Im honestly asking if there's a woman out there, in this thread that is completely able, why did you 'choose' not to????
    why does it matter? they have made a choice. and it's up to them to make that choice. It's also somewhat insulting to ANYONE to use examples such as this - as if it is a case of "put baby on formula so you don't have to deal with them" - a lot of FF are SAHM, and many BF mum's go out to work. HOW you feed doesn't decide your lifestyle

i am not replying to this thread out of guilt for my decisions (as has been implied) - i am still BF my DD at 14 months. i am replying because i don't see why any individual (whether it be someon on BB, or a supermodel in the media, or even someones partner) has a right to FORCE someone to BF if they choose not to. i hate that people are made to feel like second rate citizens because they don't do the same as someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    Onyx - the term was brought up by a previous poster stating she was quite proud to be one. i think that's why it was brought up again now - in response to that post.
    I missed that. I have no idea why anyone would want to align themselves with the Nazi party even in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaloo View Post
    umm.. i thought you wanted us to stop justifying ourselves???
    and yes, to answer your question, i chose to not breastfeed my child so i could go out every night, get smashed, and not have to get up to a screaming child that wanted to latch onto my boob.
    we don't have to give you ANY reasons, it's a personal choice every mother gets to make. you don't have to agree with it, nor are any formula feeders asking for your permission or acceptance.
    Ok well your getting really offened. I asked that question because I honestly wanted a mummy to tell us reasons other then what we're all going on about.
    But once again taken out of context soooooooo Ill leave it there.

Take care all what ever your choice hope you are happy with them, but i hope bubs is also.

Im against people that makes such MASSIVE choices without even looking into it, yes.
    Im not against c/s etc but again I just hope the mother is fully informed before making that choice.

Im a breastfeeding nazi, yes!

BG-
    I have stated I understand in many circumstances its not up to the mother, its her body, mind or baby that wont comply.

Thanks for not hammering but discussing what you dont agree with me, its actually helps me learn things, not just get all mad and stop discussing

Im not being nasty Im honestly asking if there's a woman out there, in this thread that is completely able, why did you 'choose' not to????
    I opted to supplement with formula as I was sick of the breast pump, sick of expressing several times in order to get just one bottle (if that), I was sick of sitting around with my boobs out either feeding my daughter (that bit I loved) or expressing for her (that bit I ended up hating). I wanted more time to enjoy with my daughter and less time stressing about pumping, pumping, pumping.

As I've said all along, I mostly BF my daughter (and she still has one BF a day) but when it came to sanity and more time for us, I chose not too. And instead of pumping (for all reasons listed above and more), I gave her formula and still do. And I am proud of it. Happy mum *most often* equals happy baby.

Um...mods, can you close this thread now...people are getting hurt.

Yeah I said it, but I took it in a different way, So I dont think I needed to be quoted here......

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    I opted to supplement with formula as I was sick of the breast pump, sick of expressing several times in order to get just one bottle (if that), I was sick of sitting around with my boobs out either feeding my daughter (that bit I loved) or expressing for her (that bit I ended up hating). I wanted more time to enjoy with my daughter and less time stressing about pumping, pumping, pumping.

As I've said all along, I mostly BF my daughter (and she still has one BF a day) but when it came to sanity and more time for us, I chose not too. And instead of pumping (for all reasons listed above and more), I gave her formula and still do. And I am proud of it. Happy mum *most often* equals happy baby.
    See I just wanted a different point of view then what we were getting

Due to the multiple requests I'm giving this thread a time out. I will ask the mods who have not been involved to discuss it and decide whether to re-open it or leave it closed

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213