Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The MOST embarrassing b/feeding thing ever - how would you react if it was you???

Default The MOST embarrassing b/feeding thing ever - how would you react if it was you???

Ok,

So the most mortifying embarrassing thing happened to me yesterday at the centre launch, and I'm just trying to get other people's opinions on whether i should legally change my name and move to Africa, never to have internet access again as i can no longer show myself in public!

I just hope the person i did this to doesn't read this

So i was sitting there feeding DD in the reception area, and DD has now started that delightful habit of pulling off in a sudden to look around and see what is happening (making sure she is still the centre of attention more like ), and she did this and i happen to have a huge supply with a big letdown for the entire feed basically - and i sprayed milk everywhere. But i was talking and didn't notice and the person had to point out that i was spraying breast milk on her !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So i sat there trying not to die, just wanting to run away, but she knows my name, so it probably wouldn't have helped at the time. And now i can't stop worrying about it.. So if somebody did that to you (i.e. got their breast milk on your top), 1) how would you react to the person and 2) what would you seriously be thinking deep down??

I told DH i was seriously quitting BB last night, but the more i ponder the issue i think that just quitting BB might not be drastic enough, and Africa might be necessary. Oh well, I've always wanted a pet giraffe - got to look on the bright side i guess.

ROFL Yael, I have sprayed someone before too, so I know how you feel. Now, I might not be the right person to ask, as I am totally used to being covered in bm, but it wouldn't worry me in the slightest. In fact, I would think how wonderful you were for being so comfortable with bfing in public, and how great that you had such a good supply. I'll be interested to see what other replies you get.

It wouldnt bother me either, my DS used to do the same thing and pull of to be nosey. my milk would go every where. Its just a part of the natural process. I was embarresed at first but then i found the funny side and would have a giggle.
    To me its no different then if i was burping your baby and she threw up on me its all part and parcel.

Oh how horrible for you, I wouldn't worry too much about it, I'm sure she understands and if she doesn't then she's never been a breastfeeding mum, so who cares what she thinks! I'm thinking the Africa move is a bit drastic!
    If it had been me you'd done it too, I wouldn't have been worried it happens and it would have been worse if you we're doing a nappy change and number 2 went flying on someones top.(Happened to a girlfriend of mine)
    Snoopea

Yael! You should be proud of your awesome supply LOL!

Was it another mum you were talking to? If so I'm sure she didn't give it a second thought.

I personally would have a little giggle with you and then move on to wipe the dried baby spew off my shoulder.

I've sprayed someone before too!..and over their couch whoopsy...

Wouldn't bother me!
    Try not to feel to bad! Your boobies are doing exactly what God intended!

Yael! That is too funny!
    I wouldn't care in the slightest if it was me, i might get mine out and and squirt you back, but that's about it!!! I am sure she didn't mind!
    but a pet giraffe does sound cool.

Atelast in Africa you can let you bb's hang out and feed when ever without anyone blinking an eye

Ah honestly...$hit happens....be proud that you can do it and look really you just wanted to share didnt you

LOL that's funny. If you move to Africa you could get a pet Meerkat too.
    Honestly it would only bother me for a second and more because the milk messes up your clothes because it dries white than for any other reason.
    I guess it depends on the woman - some people are squeamish about BM. If I squirt DH he runs away lol.

Ssshhh.. don't tell Kelly some of it got on her new couch

I'ld better tell Kelly before she reads this. The other mum didn't mind, but then i was wondering what they were thinking deep down.. she was very nice about it - i think this is a bit mroe about me and my hangups.

Worst thing was about 2 weeks after DD was born i went to somebody's sons bar mitzvah (so it was a big celebration), and i asked if i could change DD somewhere, and they said on their sons bed, and i said don't worry, i have a mat, but of course she managed to spray it sideways as i opened the nappy and wee'd all over their doona. I wanted to run away, but it was this big wet patch so they were going to know. I made DH go tell them and then i took their doona home and washed it.

oh yael that's so cute i'm sure the other mum wouldn't have minded at all and if she logs on and sees this post i'm sure she wouldn't want you feeling weird or embarrased about it

i squirted all over the dashboard in dp's car on the passenger side and it dried into this full-on white laquer and dp kept asking me 'do you know what this cr#p is?" and i kept lying and saying no...ha ....but he worked it out!

i hate it when i feed ds and then someone wants to cuddle him and he spews breast milk all over them!

lmao- falguni at squiting them back!!

If I squirt DH he runs away lol.
    Mine does too!

Yael I wouldn't be too bothered, but then again, I'm like you with the huge let down and fast supply and I almost always end up covered myself .

Honey don't sweat it! It's all good

Don't move to Africa...I'll get sore arms flying over to visit!

smiles4u Guest

Talking

OMG, Yael the same happened to me at MIL's !! ... Yeh, I washed the doona too

... As for the spraying, ... I reckon if we haven't sprayed we have had a leaking boobie at some point at the wrong time (um ...not that there is a right time, LOL)

Look my Dad is in his 70's & a bit old school, when my daughter was only 3wks without my thinking & being just plain tired ... I whipped out my huge boob to feed her, forgetting my Dad was in the room. I reckon for a moment his eyes dilated as big as my boob, BUT rather then he walk out the room he stayed & he just looked the other way.
    Yeh, if Dad can get past that, anyone can get past a boobie spray

By the way, must be something about Africa ... When I was in labour (a fast one) with my now 2 year old, I had a spiritual experience. My beautiful, softly spoken midwife said to me "Let that wild woman out". I for what seemed like about 2mins suddenly was in Africa watching from a distance all these beautiful African women cradling their babies standing under big trees. And my thinking if they can do this I can too !! It was an amazing experience to have had during my drug-free birth at 40

don't fret hun - if it were me, i'd not worry - if anything, i'd think you were a good shot!

i'm guessing most people would bre pretty ok with it (this thread seems to be full of people that would just laugh it off!)

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Lol dont stress about it!!!!!!

It shows you have a great supply and should be proud of this!!!!!

Keep up the good work (and if you do want to go to Africa you can have lots of cool pets there)

PMSL Yael. That is too funny hun. If it were me you squirted I'd be like, Oh good shot and laugh it off. Really wouldn't bother me in the least, ok perhaps if it went in my mouth

And deep down I'd be thinking, how freaking funny, can't wait to tell my friends on BB

Don't go to Africa hun, we'd all miss you terribly. Although it would be a cool place to go to for a BB meet up !!

Being as you were at a pregnancy centre I figure the person would definitely understand, somewhere else you know maybe they might be upset.

Me though I'd just laugh it off & be thinking OMG how much milk can she make (in a good way)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast