Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: not a birth story... but something just as big (long)

You know you rock right? You knew that after expressing for TWELVE mths with X and now this with your gorgeous girl?? I hope you realise how inspiring you are hun and congrats, such a massive achievement and isn't it true how no 2 bubs are the same!!

WTG!!!! What a fabulous effort!!

You are amazing...............

what a beautiful journey and I wish you well and lot's of continued success. I got happy tears when I read about your expressing 8 ml

Hun your doing an AMAZING job, let it be known i think your an inspiration... keep up that fighting spirit, YOU WILL SUCCEED!

aaww thank you all so much. Your lovely comments all made me cry tears of joy . My LC on hearing of our VERY successful day is just over the moon. I am currently doing the second of my "2 pumps a day because you're using a shield"... NOT because I need the milk to feed DD! I have 350ml sitting the fridge, it can sit there a little longer

Fleur - thank you. You've been there, you know.

And um... aww gosh just... thanks.

You Are The Best Thing In The World EVER!

OMG, that is so awesome. I am so so so happy for you and little A. I'm even having a little cry - not that it takes much these days!

Oh belfie, you have made my cry too! What an amazing and inspirational story!!!

I am cheering so hard for you and your family! WELL DONE! And cheers to the future, onwards and upwards.

Well done. I followed your EE story from afar & admired your determination and you've shown it again.

Well done both of you!
    xox

That is so awesome Congrats!!! Your story is so similar to mine, GD and top up in scn, trouble with nipples (one mainly) and ds1 was oin formula fulltime at 7/8weeks. While I didnt have the flat nipples one of my nipples is apparently slighty harder than the other making it hard for a newborn to attach, it was only with ds2 that an lc picked this up, no one b4 that picked it up with either of my boys so this led to using a nipple shield which we ditched at about 5weeks old. I fed ds2 for a bit over 14 months and it wa amazing! I so believe you will get there and believe me the nipple issues etc become pretty much non existant after a little while as babies get just a little older and get to really understand you get food from the breast. Wishing you an amazing and long breastfeeding journey, goode on you so far and standing ovation for you with your expressing efforts with your first!

woo hoo!!!! fantastic news huni. well done and i hope you have a long bf journey and your DD is absolutely beautiful x

Fabulous work Belfie, you're amazing xxxxx

WAHOOOOOO BELFIE!!!!!

Another one in tears. Well done. Totally inspirational!!!! xo

It's been 36 hours since Annika had a syringe feed. Everything since then has been 100% pure boobie! I cannot believe how well she is going!!

And at the GP today when asked if she was having bottle or breast... so happy to say breast!

I do have a question - re using nipple shields with flat nipples. I do find the first 10-15 seconds are EXCRUCIATINGLY painful. I assume this is as the nipple is drawn up & out. My LC also thinks it's because the tissues behind the nipple aren't used to being stretched. Once the nipple is drawn out, then we're fine and getting less sore each feed. Plus the nipples are looking awesome after the feeds, they're actually looking so good and well drawn out (never have they looked so big!) that I want to take a picture of them . So I guess I was wondering if the extreme pain at the start of the feed is typical or whether there is anything I can do to minimise it?

That's fantastic news!
    I guess if the pain stops after a bit then it's ok. Hopefully this will ease as your nipples adjust.

Oh my gosh that's awesome!!

I would think if it's getting less painful with every feed that's a good thing. Did your nipples get that drawn out when you were expressing? Did it hurt then? Maybe it's just because she would be drawing it out quickly....

(I have to add, every time I read this thread I get all teary & lumpy-throat. I am SO. SO happy for you. And as always in awe of your determination, persistence & strength )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast